F13 640i M sport - photos & write ups

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi bro morrogan, yes, you are right, the new coupe and convertible do NOT have the shark fin antenna - a design that emphasizes the new F12/F13's sleekness, and a design that I quite like.

The GPS antenna is integrated into the windscreen (front/back - I'm not sure), but thankfully, the reception is still very good :)

I tried parking the cars side by side in that tiny space we have that's a sorry excuse for a private carpark (sigh, Singapore) - and it's really a bit of a squeeze. I can't park the F13 over to the left side of the photo, because the door is too long to be opened fully (it'll hit the side wall pillar), so I can only park the F02 over there.

Carssidebyside.jpg

Now, I'm getting the contractors to cut away 2 - 3 inches from the top of the concrete car stopper, to allow me to park the F13 head first, into the right side of the photo - then, I'll have enough clearance to swing the door wide open... the front ground clearance of the F13 with the M-sport kit is about 4 inches only!

Space is such a constrain in Singapore - and such an expensive luxury :(

The F13 is sleek when put side-by-side with the F02.....F02's kidney grill is unproportionally BIG!!!

I like the shark nose of the F13. Is really quite nice. I'll try to take a few photos of it over the weekend and share with all of the bros here, right now, still slowly running in the engine, so no updates to write about yet :)

I'm itching to get the BMW performance black grills done for my F13... then, I'll go slap some 'go-faster' stripes on, ala:

34973d1331184502-colour-grilles-grilles.jpg

One of the brothers over at BMW.sg did this for his F10, and I'm absolutely smittened by the look :)

Bro wobbles, digress a bit. How is the sale of new sDrive28i M Sport in S'pore? Even the Z4 thread in this forum here is quiet. I luv it as it is smaller than F13 which is what i like so that i can cut in here n there terrorising the other drivers, hehehe.

DJH;727665 said:
Bro wobbles, digress a bit. How is the sale of new sDrive28i M Sport in S'pore? Even the Z4 thread in this forum here is quiet. I luv it as it is smaller than F13 which is what i like so that i can cut in here n there terrorising the other drivers, hehehe.

Well, bro DJH, I dunno if you've heard, but our COE prices are off the charts recently - $80K for a piece of paper that gives me the right to own/drive a car. Ptoooi. Anywway, Z4 sales in Singapore is very much a niche market for the younger buyers. With the COE at these levels, I doubt there'll be many young buyers out there willing to splurge for what is essentially a life-style car. Not practical enough for daily use. 3er & 5ers are still bread & butter big moving items. Most of the Z4s I end up seeing on the roads are of the older variants - the sDrive23i is still by far, the most numerous on Singapore roads for now.

Thank bro wobbles.
Agreed it is very niche as i hardly see one here. Resale value sure koyak.
Sigh, like that may have to consider lotus or porsche instead. But i like Z4 :-(

Maybe i should tone down to Golf R or scirocco R. Might as well wait for couple of years to see any new launch

WOW! That photo of the Alpina B6 is HAWT! The color is also HAWT! Too bad the price tag is also HAWT!

Eggie86;727724 said:
What stripes do you have in mind bro?

Alpina? AC Schnitzers? [/IMG]

Hehe, bro Eggie,

Actually, the kind of stripes I had in mind were the el-cheapo $20 types that I can get painted or attached/coated/stuck to my grill :) - I'm probably looking to slowly, stealthily mod my ride. First mod I have in mind is to change my chrome grills out to the Black Performance Grill - then, have those stripes in the typical M color painted onto the black grill :)

I'm also very keen on lowering my ride. But, I'm a real noob when it comes to the intricacies of a coil over vs. H&R lowering springs vs. whatever suspensions etc, so I think that will have to wait a while...

In the meantime, I can't wait for weekends, because that's when I'll have the whole day to take the car out for a long drive :)

Haha. Well, it's quite an awesome sleeper car huh?

Glad to know you're having a wonderful time with your new baby. :top:

Hope to be able to catch you with either of your rides some day. :love:

Bro, that day may happen soon. I'm seriously trying to convince my wife to go up to Malaysia for a short holiday - if I'm successful, it'll be sometime this year (probably, God Willing, after all the house renovations are done, after she's recovered from the ordeal of incompetent contractors etc), and if she's not keen this year, then definitely next year for the CNY holidays - I'm sick of heading over to Sydney 7 years in a row. I told my family there that I have other relatives that I'd like to visit in other countries, hehehe :D.

Of course, if we do drive up to Malaysia, she'll want me to take the F02 - she still finds the 730Li a far more comfortable ride, when compared to the punch it & go F13 :)

Hahaha, that would be great! Hopefully can time it in time for some mega BMW-TT or something. :biggrin:

Not too sure when Malaysia will be launching the F13 cos have yet to see any on the roads.

DJH;727709 said:
Thank bro wobbles.
Agreed it is very niche as i hardly see one here. Resale value sure koyak.
Sigh, like that may have to consider lotus or porsche instead. But i like Z4 :-(

Bro, you're in a very lucky position to be able to contemplate cars like the lotus or the porsche. ALL of these cars are awesome niche cars - very super highly impractical, but it embodies the very essence of a track/road car. And, IMHO, if your heart tells you to go for the Z4, you should listen to your heart :D

There's still a tinge of regret in me when I chose the 640i over the 650i. Logically, environmentally, financially - everything tells me that I've made the wise choice. There's very little to choose from in terms of performance (less than 1/2 a second faster to the next traffic light stop, yeah woo hoo), and I spec'ed the interior of my 640i to the level of luxury found in that of the 650i - but, goodness, I can't help but wonder what might have been if I'd given in to my heart & not my head, and picked up the 650i instead.

Thankfully, with every drive, with every turn of the M-sport steering wheel, with every flick of the steering wheel gear paddle; that tinge of regret gets smaller & more insignificant - such is the pleasure I get from piloting the 640i :D

Eggie86;727787 said:
Hahaha, that would be great! Hopefully can time it in time for some mega BMW-TT or something. :biggrin:

Not too sure when Malaysia will be launching the F13 cos have yet to see any on the roads.

I'll be sure to let you guys know - would LOVE to come pay homage to your beauties. Also would be great to finally meet up face to face one of these days. Would even be better if there's a day drive I can participate in! We'll see, we'll see.

Not too many F13's on the roads here either. It's also, like the Z4, quite a bit of a lfestyle niche car - quite impractical, if you consider it only has 2 doors, and only slightly more useful, given the 2 smallish seats behind. My maid could fit in the back, but even she found it to be adequate just for a short trip, haha :)

The main issue i am having is Z4 only allows 2 backside to molest its available seats. My wife got excited over Z4 until i asked her, where to put our son. Wow, I can hear pin drop from the expression of her face. Hope she dun get to see F13..... she easily poison one la.

Top Bottom