e92 335i Oil Cooling Problems...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi all,

I am a newbie and had just put up a new post on getting a used 335i before reading your threads... should have read your threads first!

The feedback infor is much appreciated.

BTW, how can I get a used E90 335i (UK or Jap)? I imagine not many for sale???

hi there i've recieved sms from AB glanmarie a month ago which available 2 unit 335i E92. check it out.

Been thinking about 335i lately, but now a bit scary.
Saw the new Audi S4 estate... pretty cool

beside procede...i suggest juice box...if u worry about oil temp i recommend change ur intercooler...brand AMS would be better...plug and play...i could help it

those contemplating the 335 should think twice. There's a class action suit in the US against BMW for that model's problems with its High pressure fuel pump.

it only cost rm 1,450 to change a new high pressure fuel pump. Not a big deal.... at least to me :)

David Yong;594181 said:
it only cost rm 1,450 to change a new high pressure fuel pump. Not a big deal.... at least to me :)

Well David, to some people 1450rm is a lot of money.
I hope the HPFP issue is not related to any other issues with the car :)

David Yong;594181 said:

Indeed... not that costly really.Even the turbo is pretty cheap,relatively speaking la.

Anyone with a craving for some torque action coupled with high rpm shove,the 335i is the perfect antidote.Go for it,life is too short to worry about small prickly issues.Next thing u know u'll be balding with a pot belly,kids all gone away and u're left wondering where all the youth has gone ;)

Yeah, always look at a glass of water as half full rather than half empty. There's no point in sweating the small stuff.

Enjoy Turkey, Super. A friend just came back from there and said it's really lovely at this time of year. :wink:

bimmerdude;594240 said:
Well David, to some people 1450rm is a lot of money.
I hope the HPFP issue is not related to any other issues with the car :)

Well, I look at it this way; if someone can afford a 335i, what is RM 1,450 to him/her ?? If finding it hard to spend RM 1,450 to maintain the car, then 335i is not his/her cup of tea. Just my opinion :)

Schwepps;594255 said:
Enjoy Turkey, Super. A friend just came back from there and said it's really lovely at this time of year. :wink:

I was in Turkey same time of the year in 2009. It is VERY VERY nice!

Schwepps;594255 said:
Yeah, always look at a glass of water as half full rather than half empty. There's no point in sweating the small stuff.

Thanx Schwepps,DY..

Planning to enjoy myself there,definitely.Summore I'll be flying with a car nut like me,so the flight will be great..that much I know.

Have a great new year guys!!

Oh yeah..I now have a pair of TD03 turbos off of my 335i with shot wastegates and loose turbines.Thinking of sending them to Rob Becks as he actually rebuilds these turbos with his own turbines,center section and a more robust wastegate.Once reinstalled,the turbos will provide better performance with a big gain in power with minimal gain in lag.

Any thoughts on 'em? Since I have these turbos lying around,might as well look for avenues to make them of use to me in the future.

Bro,
If not mistaken RB turbo's cost USD3k. Then u have to ship the turbo's there. Too much work for me. I'll use the money for DP, DCI and FMIC. Probably can add in oil cooler and BMW performance radiator. Oh yeah, exhaust, diverter valves, coilovers, sway bars, tires and BBK. :rock:

cosmo;595144 said:
Bro,
If not mistaken RB turbo's cost USD3k. Then u have to ship the turbo's there. Too much work for me. I'll use the money for DP, DCI and FMIC. Probably can add in oil cooler and BMW performance radiator. Oh yeah, exhaust, diverter valves, coilovers, sway bars, tires and BBK. :rock:

I know RB sells his turbos for that price,but what I'm thinking of doing is send my own turbos for him to work on.Any idea what he charges for such work? Cuz I tried searching for the amount but to no avail.
Most of the other upgrades u mentioned are a given,those(or at least some of 'em) will come in time,but what I'm thinking about here is what to do with the spare turbos that I have right now.

bimmerdude;594167 said:
those contemplating the 335 should think twice. There's a class action suit in the US against BMW for that model's problems with its High pressure fuel pump.

Engine fault lights came up for 2nd time while I was driving back from Penang and subsequently car loss power.

Restarted the car, and no problem until today.

Still no regrets because I am in awe everytime i drive and really enjoy the car.

SuperG, too bad i cant help much. But the bright side is you can start modding other stuff.

Gaz, If the inevitable were to happen, the cost shouldn’t be much. DY mentioned a new fuel pump cost ard RM1.5k.

Shud I get 335 coupe or convertible? Heard convertible is very noisy at high speeds is it true?

Top Bottom