E60 angel eyes mod

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
Well,decided to spruce things up a bit.The dull angel eyes needs upgrading to white LEDs,,,

So bought a set of 4 LEDs from UK for RM45 shipped

Only to find out I bought the wrong LEDs

Also to find out that the wire insulation in the headlight assy are brittle....adussss

Oh well.......will leave the AEs as is I guess.The insulation will surely give way if I were to re attempt replacement as the AE bulb is quite difficult to remove and refit and maneuvering it around the confined space breaks up the wire insulation more....

On a plus note- i now know how to remove n refit the front bumper the correct way....hu hu

?? The front bumper totally removed to change led light ? Actually can do without removing it ... Just release few nuts nearest to the headlight area and remove the headlight will do ..

Algino said:
?? The front bumper totally removed to change led light ? Actually can do without removing it ... Just release few nuts nearest to the headlight area and remove the headlight will do ..
he he...have you tried?

i did that way previously on the RH headlamp and IT WASN'T EASY at all.....the bottom portion sangkut.Mine is xenon headlamp so the elect exciter unit is below the lamp.Much easier to remove the bumper.Can now remove the bumper in 10mins...

moots,

You managed to open the headlight plastic cover?

Recommended to replace the brittle electrical cables as otherwise, it will cause unnecessary problems with the headlights. Guess most of the earlier batches of e60 are having brittle electrical wires.

I did , I only removed 2 to 3 nuts that nearest to the headlight area on the bumper to allow some space for removal job.

Can't really say very easy to take out but obviously need some skill to pull out the headlight bottom bracer ..

moots said:
he he...have you tried?

i did that way previously on the RH headlamp and IT WASN'T EASY at all.....the bottom portion sangkut.Mine is xenon headlamp so the elect exciter unit is below the lamp.Much easier to remove the bumper.Can now remove the bumper in 10mins...

Herbert said:
moots,

You managed to open the headlight plastic cover?

Recommended to replace the brittle electrical cables as otherwise, it will cause unnecessary problems with the headlights. Guess most of the earlier batches of e60 are having brittle electrical wires.
The rear black squarish plastic access cover?Yes...Release 2 latches at the top and remove.
Well,to replace the wires means to replace the whole light assy I guess...coz I tried to remove the whole of the rear black plastic casing but nil joy.Seems they are glued,on top of having the 2 spring latches and 2 small screws.

oh welll.....can't really get rid of the itch...

this came last thursday 25th from China after 20days for rm54/- delivered free shipping

this time i had the bumper out in 10 mins.... :69:

before

after

yeah...not as bright as i hoped it would be.the led i ordered was 5w whereas the ori bulb i noticed was 10w...oh my....my bad.....

anyways...the flaking wire insulation took it's toll this time around :motz:

but nothing a band aid could not fix....first aid by using electrical insulation tape...

but come night time

wow...totally transformed..this is how i want it to be.not too glaring.the pics don't do justice,the light is just nice and really shows the ring.unlike some of the DRL (daylight running lamps) on some newer cars that even in the day time the light just seemed too bright such that the sight of the ring become distorted.

next....to plan for rewiring of the headlamp...http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798640
not easy but achievable...better then spending RM thousands on new or even used ones.the used ones may even suffer the same issue for all we now....peace..

i think few times i saw ur car from bulatan MPN towards NCI after balik kerja.. my car standard 523i se Silver color....

Hi moors, urs is LCI version? Can share me the link that I bought from China? Thanks

Well for one thing, based on the feedback so far, this is one of the best bulbs you can get now :)

wideawake said:
Fuh, version 9.5 already.... Show us a pic when u install it Mark.
Yeah will do that, now I am waiting for it to arrive :D

Top Bottom