[Sharing] Angel+Demon Eyes & Morimoto H1 Mini Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bimmerholic;648775 said:
Guys, what's the idea of painting the reflector to black?

Since the projector Retrofit MMH1 has its own reflector and lens, it will be wise to paint the existing reflector to flat black to increase output. By painting it black, the reflector will not deflect/reflect any light coming from the Projector thus eliminating random "light noise".

Beside, it will make the AE/DE stands out more :p

@ AidilJ
Really, just dishwasher paste? Thinking to use "berus periuk", haha. Will try that.. Don't think I'm going to use high temp for the shroud though, just normal one.

Yes, with only that, a sifu from garage teach me this skill. He says its also good to remove any oil or stain which will increase the efficiency of painting :p
Careful, the berus periuk will make deep scratch which will make ur life harder on spray painting...

Are you referring to the big area to paint in between the bowls? Yeah thats a lot and not going to paint that.
Im refering to the reflector bowl... i only paint the low beam bowl.

I saw some guys paint even the highlight reflector bowl... see this...

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

THIS IS the hardest part...

09192008726.jpg

Bro AidilJ, to open the center part of the Reflector bowl...

09192008735.jpg

09192008736.jpg

09192008738.jpg

xcrave;648850 said:
Since the projector Retrofit MMH1 has its own reflector and lens, it will be wise to paint the existing reflector to flat black to increase output. By painting it black, the reflector will not deflect/reflect any light coming from the Projector thus eliminating random "light noise".

Beside, it will make the AE/DE stands out more :p

@ AidilJ

Yes, with only that, a sifu from garage teach me this skill. He says its also good to remove any oil or stain which will increase the efficiency of painting :p
Careful, the berus periuk will make deep scratch which will make ur life harder on spray painting...

Im refering to the reflector bowl... i only paint the low beam bowl.

I saw some guys paint even the highlight reflector bowl... see this...

THIS IS the hardest part...

Bro AidilJ, to open the center part of the Reflector bowl...

Yes the reflector is sprayed because its function as reflector is no longer needed and will improve the look. But I saw a case where the bowl is painted reflective black..? :stupid: But with a bi-xenon, the high beam bowl/reflector is only use for "flash to pass"

Yeah heard that removing the levelling arm would be hard but havent personally experience it, maybe this weekend where my headlight will come off to fit the projectors.. :slug:

Thanks for the painting tip!

IMG_3383_G.jpg

Wow...xcrave so nice your Angel+Demon Eyes i think so far Sabah got no one can compete your HL liow. Keep it up u are d man.

Alex5522;648865 said:
Wow...xcrave so nice your Angel+Demon Eyes i think so far Sabah got no one can compete your HL liow. Keep it up u are d man.

Actually did my homework i think even the whole Malaysia have no E46 with AE+DE in one car... i saw most ar red/blue/white... so after a lot of trying out with photoshop editing... i decided that the AEDE the best to go on this retrofit...

BTW bro AidilJ:

Maybe just me... but White have this.. "Blind" eye effect? Unless the white is flat white? Got ka such paint? i mean search for pastel white would be the best... im repainting my bowl to all black soon... and so far, i think quad aint have that effect once installed...hurmmm...

Also Bro Aidil, i canot fit the shroud in my Pre-FL lights... if it goes in the projector seems to be left inside like this pic... what should i do?? maybe i further cut the bottom to insert it deeper?

xcrave;648885 said:
BTW bro AidilJ: Maybe just me... but White have this.. "Blind" eye effect? Unless the white is flat white? Got ka such paint? i mean search for pastel white would be the best... im repainting my bowl to all black soon... and so far, i think quad aint have that effect once installed...hurmmm...

Also Bro Aidil, i canot fit the shroud in my Pre-FL lights... if it goes in the projector seems to be left inside like this pic... what should i do?? maybe i further cut the bottom to insert it deeper?

xcrave, haha blind eye pulak. Maybe I dont like the sick eyes look..! The paint I used is high temp flat white, check it out in my thread http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...to-Xenon-upgrade-Quad-projector-FX-R-retrofit What do you mean quad wont have that effect once installed? blind or sick eyes effect?? :eek:

If it is already inside why do you want to cut the bottom? Won't that make it drop further in, please explain with picture.

DSC03184.jpg

whitedemon029.jpg

aidilj;648897 said:
xcrave, haha blind eye pulak. Maybe I dont like the sick eyes look..! The paint I used is high temp flat white, check it out in my thread http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...to-Xenon-upgrade-Quad-projector-FX-R-retrofit What do you mean quad wont have that effect once installed? blind or sick eyes effect?? :eek:

If it is already inside why do you want to cut the bottom? Won't that make it drop further in, please explain with picture.

DSC03184.jpg

whitedemon029.jpg

OUCh that final pic is just like a gut punch :p

Ok will go to it... BTW to get that red devilish effect we need to paint the reflector for the projector am i right??

DSC_0178.jpg

See that gap??? i have that same gap... did not get to mount it around the projector shroud ring...

xcrave;648925 said:
OUCh that final pic is just like a gut punch :p

Ok will go to it... BTW to get that red devilish effect we need to paint the reflector for the projector am i right??

See that gap??? i have that same gap... did not get to mount it around the projector shroud ring...

For the sakit mata effect, you need to paint the shield/shutter. See my thread or these http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...fit-FX-Rs-OEM-E46-shrouds-CCFL-Halos-Red-LEDs , http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?33357-cutoff-shield-painting

The replica shroud is not exactly the same as the factory one, the reps is larger as in the circle it covers is more complete than the factory ones. So if you were to cut, you need to cut the top portion of the shroud not bottom, let me post the picture later.. But I dont think all E46 replica shrouds are the same, so if you need to cut, I say cut but nake sure youre doing the right thing..

whitedemon021.jpg

aidilj;648953 said:
For the sakit mata effect, you need to paint the shield/shutter. See my thread or these http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...fit-FX-Rs-OEM-E46-shrouds-CCFL-Halos-Red-LEDs , http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?33357-cutoff-shield-painting

The replica shroud is not exactly the same as the factory one, the reps is larger as in the circle it covers is more complete than the factory ones. So if you were to cut, you need to cut the top portion of the shroud not bottom, let me post the picture later.. But I dont think all E46 replica shrouds are the same, so if you need to cut, I say cut but nake sure youre doing the right thing..

whitedemon021.jpg

Bro that front effect same as this ka?

MP4-1.jpg

LOL

BTW i was goin for this look actually... well the M3 look for exact...

bmwm3gtr_qek2v4vv.jpg

But of course Quad Kills..

1439530132_0002438e9b_z-bmw-cars-wallpapers.jpg

dsc7149s.jpg

Just to make things clear... what i mention about cutting the bottom portion is this part...

cuthere.jpg

Hope this will also help people on MMH1.. i will compile a better DIY hopefully in the proper section on Morimoto when i really have the budget for quad... but its a straight forward job... so i guess anyone can do it :)

xcrave;649079 said:
Just to make things clear... what i mention about cutting the bottom portion is this part...

cuthere.jpg

Hope this will also help people on MMH1.. i will compile a better DIY hopefully in the proper section on Morimoto when i really have the budget for quad... but its a straight forward job... so i guess anyone can do it :)

Yeah I have to do that too, after a trial fit, the shroud potrude too much to the front and need to push in a little which is only achievable by cutting the shroud..

Just came back from ACE and found that I bought satin black, not flat black, gonna paint it anyway. See how it turns out

wah.. satin black? hurmmm... Im actually searching for a flat black primer paint...but that satin black... that one is nice :)

do update for the effect :)

xcrave;649278 said:
wah.. satin black? hurmmm... Im actually searching for a flat black primer paint...but that satin black... that one is nice :)

do update for the effect :)

Wow satin black actually works! The finish is close to the factory black plastic. I notice the cap of the spray paint is flat as compared to glossy paint cap. but now I have no space for the angel eyes.. :motz:

65d8c87d.png

c27d9f9d.png

Great JOB!! BTW you can get the space for the angel eyes by not using the clips... You need to use glue/silicon to mount it on the shroud...

you can also break the top clip so you have no problem of the top space...

Or you can push the shroud further in like this pic?

I think this how it will goes in...

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

xcrave thanks, I've installed the angel eyes since I posted yesterday. See picture in my thread. Still using clips on the big bowl but double sided tape for the small one. Cheers.

great job.... do post ur sharing here too... this is not just the thread for myself... everyone who had done their AE/DE or XE Retrofit should post more pic here :p

xcrave, thought this is your thread to share your work, so don't want to highjack it. Will post pictures here too.

Cheers.

aidilj;649868 said:
xcrave, thought this is your thread to share your work, so don't want to highjack it. Will post pictures here too.

Cheers.

hahahah its a [sharing thread] :p not my thread :p

Top Bottom