Hella Angel Eye

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by willie@Apr 25 2005, 03:49 AM
or maybe the rings he refering are those LED ones???
Willie i saw the catalogue its not LED it flourecent. Could be CCFL.

Originally posted by jarance@Apr 26 2005, 12:27 PM
yup, the project is still ON. Fixing or retrofitting the CCFL Angel Eye is not a problem for me. The only problem is opening the glass cover without breaking it. :eek:k:

Somebody say heat it in an oven might help. Any comment. :dunno:
Well, what you waiting for? Bake it! Roast it! Fry it! :p

psst... don't quote me if something were to go wrong with your oven.. :p

Clamp the lamp around a vice with a cloth to protect the headlamp casing and heat it up with the my newly bought heat gun. :D

At first , the glass cover did not want to come out because I was concentated on a area.

Then, I try to heat around the whole circumference of the headlamp for about 5 minutes. I use a pen knife and dig around the edge to remove the excess silicon. While digging around the edge, i noticed that the glass cover start to move as the silicon glue start to "melt". I used the knife and pry the cover and it came off easily.. Wahlah.. it works... eureka.... :yes!:

Please see pic below with the cover remove from the casing.

Be careful when you use the heat gun. I also set the cloth on fire. No, I did not set my workshop on fire. :rofl:

Use a hand glove to hold the cover as it very hot. You might dropped the glass cover and break it.

OK... now for the interesting part.. how to fix the angel eye onto the headlamp.. :dunno: :dunno: to be continue....(after I have a ciggy) :wink:

Top Bottom