e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
here goes

my FIRST bill.
I've always been kiasu about my cars. Even if I know the service history done by previous owners I will always change things that I feel are a bit like "insurance" to me.

So.... here you go folks... break my wallet bill # 1

1. Fan belt RM55
2. Fan belt tensioner RM148
3. Fan belt bearing RM95
4. AC belt RM40
5. AC belt tensioner RM145
6. Water pump RM145
7. Radiator RM820
8. Radiator coolant RM52
9. Front brake pad (original) RM350
10. Front brake disc RM290
11. Rear brake pad (original) RM290
12. Rear brake disc RM680
13. DIN 95 battery DELKOR RM580
14. Thermostat RM190
15. Water hose RM140
16. Expansion tank RM140
17. Vent screw RM15
18. Brake wear sensor RM80
19. Wiper RM120
and finally labour RM150

giving a total of RM5300 :O *pengsan*

m-speed. Also included full reset of computer and re-program functions.

Things to do next: PDC and drive shaft servicing.

affan66;278985 said:
m-speed. Also included full reset of computer and re-program functions.

Things to do next: PDC and drive shaft servicing.

bro,
Looks like a bad start to a new year. Anyway, this is the pain & pleasure of owning the UDM. By the way, what year is your ride and milage?

All the best!

Jerman, this is already budgeted. Considered insurance for a newly possessed car. Car is 2001. Radiator was never changed.
Mileage according to the dash is 55k KM.. however, I believe it's supposed to be another 100k km to be added on... might have been tampered. you know la recond cars.

Replay, m-speed is in USJ, behind the Goodyear Courts apartments, in the Taman Industri Subang area.

affan,
It was good meeting you last week and really hope your ride has been kind to you without further $$$ repair!

Cheers

the pain of owning a BMW.. my 2nd one...
nice meeting up with you too. I like your rims.. heheh..

Dudes,

I'm new here. Hi Everyone. ....... err...... my nick seems misleading. I'm a GUY!
Hmmm............. Do you guys have meetings and stuff in this club thingy?

My e39 bill.

Now my turn, last week bill :

Power Steering service :-
P/Steering Filter (container) RM 75
P/Steering intake hose RM 120
P/Steering suction hose RM 95
P/Steering fluid 2 liters RM 44 - is this expensive ?

Oil Service :-
Royal Purple 7 quarts RM 315
Oil Filter RM 25

additional things :-
Fan Belt RM 55
A/C belt RM 35
Wheels bearing fr, 1 pc RM 300 - FAG

Workmanship for :-
Oil Service
Power Steering service
Installation of 2 fr absorber
Servicing Propeller-shaft coupling
changing wheel bearing
Lum sum = RM 260

i have another two bills. I need someone to type it. I may get carpal tunnel if I type it all. VERY VERY LONG!!!! ARGGGGHHHHHh
but the car runs smoothly now. yum yum

affan66;289858 said:
i have another two bills. I need someone to type it. I may get carpal tunnel if I type it all. VERY VERY LONG!!!! ARGGGGHHHHHh
but the car runs smoothly now. yum yum

That's why I never post my car maintenance cost. Just keep the bill in my file. Can get heart attack wor. :smokin:

Yazid,

Your bill not bad la. Labor is ok. Don't know bout the parts though. Did you buy all yourself? I should seek your wisdom soon. I am paying a bit too much sometimes for simple things. Cannot ask discount, mechanic merajuk nanti.

hi, good info you guys have here. just want to know, how long the parts life time? tahan lama tak? let say for the bushes, power steering rack, etc.

yazid, you just service your power steeting things, when will next time you have to service it again?

hi, I can get RP @ Rm34/quart from a guy in JB. Reliable chap. I transferred the money into his maybank account and I got the oil via poslaju within a week. Buying 4Quarts and above will be FOC delivery. He also carries Redline @ Rm55/quart. Here is his site for your reference :- http://www.myoilstore.com/
I bought 9quarts of RP 10W40 at Rm306 from him.

Just to share with you guys. I found that my electric sear passenger side was mis-aligned and I have suspected that one of the motors might have fried. So I tested the seats and found that one side of the seat refuse to go up or down making the whole seat twist like a potato chip everytime I pressed the button.

I send it to this shop and they said the problem was the cables that pulled the seats up and down. Finally they charged me a hundred smackers to re-align those seats and to fix those cables.

The mechanic told me that AB once charged RM 14,000.00 for that problem and they changed out the entire seat.

wc9922;289956 said:
Yazid,

Your bill not bad la. Labor is ok. Don't know bout the parts though. Did you buy all yourself? I should seek your wisdom soon. I am paying a bit too much sometimes for simple things. Cannot ask discount, mechanic merajuk nanti.

Alex,

except the RP lubricant and the absorber I bought myself ...... others all by the workshop. Anyway this BM Wong never charge rediculously to customer and further more to regulars he will ask to drive the car for few days and only come back to pay the bill.

Yazid

Top Bottom