e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
nightwish;289965 said:
lama tak? let say for the bushes, power steering rack, etc. hi, good info you guys have here. just want to know, how long the parts life time? tahan

yazid, you just service your power steeting things, when will next time you have to service it again?

Parts tahan lama or not depend on the brand and how u drive the car le.

I normally change P/Steering oil once every 1 or 2 years. all depend on the steering feel or advise from the tyre shop, Manji Lai.

affan66;289858 said:
i have another two bills. I need someone to type it. I may get carpal tunnel if I type it all. VERY VERY LONG!!!! ARGGGGHHHHHh
but the car runs smoothly now. yum yum

Affan your PDC done or not ......

jaleeks23;289982 said:
hi, I can get RP @ Rm34/quart from a guy in JB. Reliable chap. I transferred the money into his maybank account and I got the oil via poslaju within a week. Buying 4Quarts and above will be FOC delivery. He also carries Redline @ Rm55/quart. Here is his site for your reference :- http://www.myoilstore.com/
I bought 9quarts of RP 10W40 at Rm306 from him.

In S'pore you could buy at RM 26 per quart in Supermarket !!!! but I rather my money to circulate in my own country.

JYazid,
Yes, I know in SGP can get at Rm26....
Buying here in KL, selling at Rm45-Rm48, but those guys get from SGP also!!..
So, I get it from the JB guy lor...

not yet

JYazid;290229 said:
Affan your PDC done or not ......

i just found out that my PDC wires were cut. There are four sets of wires from the control unit but only one has the connector. The rest are bare wires. I also checked that the bumper needs the insert for the sensor to rest on besides getting the right bumper strip. The good thing is that the bumper has four holes ready for the sensors.

The way this PDC works is that it needs to have all the sensors connected and working. If one fails, the PDC will go into the "safe" mode and all sensors go to sleep. Darn. This will have to wait for a while. Anybody got good leads at potong shops, lemme know.

JYazid;290225 said:
Alex,

except the RP lubricant and the absorber I bought myself ...... others all by the workshop. Anyway this BM Wong never charge rediculously to customer and further more to regulars he will ask to drive the car for few days and only come back to pay the bill.

Yazid

Bro,

How can u never rekemen this BM Wong to me before????:love:

initialM;290432 said:
Bro,

How can u never rekemen this BM Wong to me before????:love:

Because BM Wong on use Launch and old CarSoft further more he graduated till e28 only. For newer than e28 he learn thru experience.

While Bimmerholics, has the latest GT I, Azhar was trained in German for e39 & E46. and his previous w/shop doing a lot of e60, e65, and other newer car.

Yazid

JYazid;289849 said:
Now my turn, last week bill :

Power Steering service :-
P/Steering Filter (container) RM 75
P/Steering intake hose RM 120
P/Steering suction hose RM 95
P/Steering fluid 2 liters RM 44 - is this expensive ?

Bro, I still don't get it. The P/Steering container is just a reservoir, right? And, it has got filter inside? Must change every 1 or 2 years ka?

funfer_fahrer;291031 said:
Bro, I still don't get it. The P/Steering container is just a reservoir, right? And, it has got filter inside? Must change every 1 or 2 years ka?

It is a reservoir cum container cum filter. You should change it is the ATF start smear around the container.

I know a lot of people never change it.

Yazid

Air Con Fan

i change Air Con Fan cost me RM 1600 include labour at kayu ara.....hu....

Alternator

One more for the record;
Alternator 120 A - $1550
Labor - $60
Mileage - 120K km
Age -7yr

Signs before complete failure and have to give lots of angpow to mechanic and tow truck services
Idling dips when turning steering while stationary
Slow shift between forward and reverse after overnight parking start up
Idling shaky for a few seconds after overnight parking start up

Something intersting to note; my car (UK import) came with 90A alternator and 60 AH battery which I think may be undersized for our climate.

Time to share on bills for my E39.

Mechanic notice my radiator leaking water while the car was at his workshop, what a lucky (or rather unlucky) man I am. So proceeded to change the radiator and its related items:-

Radiator Assy (RM850)
Coolant (RM29)
Water Pump O Ring (RM21.50)
Thermostat O Ring (RM11.00)
Thermostat Profile Gasket (RM20.00)
Water Pump Pulley (RM156.00)
Labour Charge (RM65.00)

Thereafter many months later, while driving, water leak again. Stopped the car and tow to my mechanic. Did pressure test and couldn't detect any leaking. Culprit discovered to be the radiator cap which only costs me RM48.00 but wasted more money on tow truck service. Luckily got special price from tow company as they are from my insurance co. panel.

There's once where the car won't start. Towed to mechanic again and culprit discovered to be a faulty fuse to the fuel pump, causing the fuel pump not to work. Only costs about RM20.00 to replace fuse and labour to detect but against wasted more money on tow.

Recently just did normal service and changed spark plug to Bosch Platinum Plug for 6 x RM28 = RM168.00. Also added in a can of Restorer into the engine. Engine reaction and responsiveness noticeably better and not as sluggish as previously. Don't know whether its the spark plug or the restorer or could be both.

Grand;292868 said:
Time to share on bills for my E39.

Mechanic notice my radiator leaking water while the car was at his workshop, what a lucky (or rather unlucky) man I am. So proceeded to change the radiator and its related items:-

Radiator Assy (RM850)
Coolant (RM29)
Water Pump O Ring (RM21.50)
Thermostat O Ring (RM11.00)
Thermostat Profile Gasket (RM20.00)
Water Pump Pulley (RM156.00)
Labour Charge (RM65.00)

Thereafter many months later, while driving, water leak again. Stopped the car and tow to my mechanic. Did pressure test and couldn't detect any leaking. Culprit discovered to be the radiator cap which only costs me RM48.00 but wasted more money on tow truck service. Luckily got special price from tow company as they are from my insurance co. panel.

There's once where the car won't start. Towed to mechanic again and culprit discovered to be a faulty fuse to the fuel pump, causing the fuel pump not to work. Only costs about RM20.00 to replace fuse and labour to detect but against wasted more money on tow.

Recently just did normal service and changed spark plug to Bosch Platinum Plug for 6 x RM28 = RM168.00. Also added in a can of Restorer into the engine. Engine reaction and responsiveness noticeably better and not as sluggish as previously. Don't know whether its the spark plug or the restorer or could be both.

Bro,
as insurance you should change the thermostat and water pump .... also check the hoses ..... got extra money change all ......

just to know
..... why you change the spark plug ? ...... why you choose platinum ?
..... did the w/shop recomend to put the 'restorer' ?

Yazid

Platinium Spark Plug

JYazid;295668 said:
Bro,
as insurance you should change the thermostat and water pump .... also check the hoses ..... got extra money change all ......

just to know
..... why you change the spark plug ? ...... why you choose platinum ?
..... did the w/shop recomend to put the 'restorer' ?

Yazid

Tumpang thread, Yazid.. wonder why you ask about the Plat Spark Plug, anything wrong? cause my mech also change mine to Plat Spark Plug and charge me RM 36 for 1.. damn.

1st service post car collection

Just took the receipt out from car. e39 530i 2003

Oil filter 38.6
S.Plug 38.7 X 6 = 232.2
Seal Ring 6.5 X 10 = 65
Valve cover gasket set 147
Air Filter 86

Shell Helix Ultra 199 X 1.75 = 348.25
Inspection service 60
Renew Valve Cover Gasket 85

Total 1062.05

Gerald 5;295707 said:
Tumpang thread, Yazid.. wonder why you ask about the Plat Spark Plug, anything wrong? cause my mech also change mine to Plat Spark Plug and charge me RM 36 for 1.. damn.

I don't think Platinum is suitable for our car, the platinum could be melted ..... (dunno this is true or not)
..... other than original spark plug you could choose Bosch @ RM 130 per set ( I am using this bought at spare part shop for RM 123 ) or NGK (OEM ori) around RM 180 .... ori (which NGK with BMW logo) around RM 200 plus.... .. I am talking about double Vanos engine ... which using spark plug with 4 head.

... and I change spark plug once in 1 to 2 year ... also depending on the condition of it .... easily can use it for more than 1 year .

Gerald 5;296625 said:
thanks for sharing, bro Yazid...so what should I do? change again??

... dont waste your money ..... my advise ... use it till it 'kong', and every time service, check the spark plug ...... if needed only you change it.

Thanks man, this will give me some level of comfort. I assume if the s.plug really melted, it will cause no harm to the car.

Recently reapir my car at subang beemerholic which cost me:

1. Wheel speed sensor front (L&R) = RM 380x 2
2. ABS module = RM 2200
3. Repair EGS module = RM 500
4. New radiator = RM 710
Labour charge = RM 200

Next week have to change the front and rear disc break. And also break shoes
Oh my god! have to take awhile for recovery first.

Any body change disc break before? Mech said ori disc break very expensive. Any cheap and good quality OEM part available? and roughly how much it cost? :(

Now i am broke :(

Top Bottom