e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yeah, can't bring them to the Consumer Tribunal because they can easily say that its the previous owner who tampered with the mileage. Anyway, if the car is in perfect condition and run smoothly, just enjoy the ride.

How much for Fuel Pump

appreciate if anyone can tell me what would be the cost like for a Fuel Pump and when should one replace it (assuming it is still ok)

My E39 2001 is heavy on fuel consumption. Less than 10km/l. Have replaced relevant sensor according to mechanic's advice. Normal driving speed is 140-160kmh. Any advice?

Hello guys anybody have any idea how much front absorber cost? What brand is it?

Bloody airbag warning light on. Check with computer, fault was with sensor in the passenger seat. Replace at RM480.00.

Any idea how much is E39 ABS Pump ECU ? and where can I find it (with reasonable price + Quality)

Replaced fan clutch and now the ride is very responsive. Made a world of difference. Cost = RM280 + RM40 labour. Greatest fix ever.

fan clutch

Daredevil;250163 said:
Replaced fan clutch and now the ride is very responsive. Made a world of difference. Cost = RM280 + RM40 labour. Greatest fix ever.

What makes you replace the fan clutch? I mean, what's wrong with it?

The car was not fast enough for him to drive. Always reach home to drink ribena, not anymore.

Jerman;250168 said:
What makes you replace the fan clutch? I mean, what's wrong with it?

Heard a roaring sound from the engine. So sent the car to BM World. Immediately they diagnosed it as the fan clutch. Apparently, the fan clutch is already worn out causing it to be 'stuck'. That's why the car felt so sluggish and heavy each time I step on the accelerator. All this while I tot it was the accelerator cable so I procrastinated on the matter. Finally cannot tahan.

aiyaa...

Problem sounds similar to mine la.. been driving it for 10 days already.
Feels very sluggish.
'Volvo 240' sound kicks-in when the engine runs hot.
Mat Rempit also turn back an look at traffic lights daa...

Tomorrow heading for the workshop to have it checked.

Daredevil: How old is your car? How many KM done?

Damage for past 10 days:
Fan Clutch: RM 285
Radiator assembly: RM 780
Water Hose: RM 145
Air Con Belt: RM 38
Fan Belt: RM 65
Trunk Light: RM 68
Trunk Rubber strap: RM 48 a piece

Fan clutch

Daredevil;250973 said:
Heard a roaring sound from the engine. So sent the car to BM World. Immediately they diagnosed it as the fan clutch. Apparently, the fan clutch is already worn out causing it to be 'stuck'. That's why the car felt so sluggish and heavy each time I step on the accelerator. All this while I tot it was the accelerator cable so I procrastinated on the matter. Finally cannot tahan.

I changed my fan clutch too yesterday. Now the car felt "lighter" and smoother!

Based on this website, apparently fan clutch problem is common for E39 after 100,000 km milage

http://edgemotorworks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=55

Jerman;253477 said:
I changed my fan clutch too yesterday. Now the car felt "lighter" and smoother!

Based on this website, apparently fan clutch problem is common for E39 after 100,000 km milage

http://edgemotorworks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=55

The website said: Fan clutch provide the primary cooling for your car, and are easy for us to diagnose.

But for my case, my car still feel cool when crusing..The fan clutch really bring the big impact to the power??

bmw7833;253489 said:
The website said: Fan clutch provide the primary cooling for your car, and are easy for us to diagnose.

But for my case, my car still feel cool when crusing..The fan clutch really bring the big impact to the power??

bro,
Without getting into technical aspects, fan clutch will not give you more power but I suppose if the fan clutch is in perfect working conditions then "less load" thus smoother engine running conditions!

Top Bottom