e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jgn takut bro,

UDM owner must sacrifice..:)
year 2000 is my car and im the 3rd owner...
biasalah wear n tear x boleh lari...

bimmerholic;552314 said:
Are both pre & postlift coils priced the same? What brand is the coil? Ori?

pre-face lift is RM20/= less. Not usre about the brand, i suspect it is either thailand,taiwan or china.

azizulaziz78,
Thanks for sharing and hope you will enjoy your ride after investing $$$$$!
Memang BMW = Banyak Makan Wang

guys,

just wanna share with u..

wiper blade(bosch) : rm125
microfilter 2pcs L&R : rm90
air filter: rm45
axle oil: rm56

to all muslim frens i wish u guys selamat hari raya in advance...cheers

keigoayam;557459 said:
guys,

just wanna share with u..

wiper blade(bosch) : rm125
microfilter 2pcs L&R : rm90
air filter: rm45
axle oil: rm56

to all muslim frens i wish u guys selamat hari raya in advance...cheers

What axle oil did u use?
Was there any difference felt after replacing it? Your old oil was it dirty? I've got a strong feeling my diff oil has never been replaced b4. It's gotta be pitch black if i ever do it.

bimmerholic;557704 said:
What axle oil did u use?
Was there any difference felt after replacing it? Your old oil was it dirty? I've got a strong feeling my diff oil has never been replaced b4. It's gotta be pitch black if i ever do it.

I use Castrol SAF-XJ 75W/140(if i am not mistaken...left the bill at home). Actually it is recommended to replace the oil every two years especially if you experience any noise.So i just follow the routine.

I found an article saying the benefit of changing the oil:

1)Excellent high temperature, high load performance
Maximum protection against wear and noise even at continuous high temperatures, loads and speeds

2)Shear stable
Extremely shear stable, ensuring that its excellent properties are retained over very long service periods

3)Reduced operating temperature
Under high loads and severe conditions it can reduce axle temperatures which increase life of gears, bearings and seals

4)Low friction
Improved axle efficiency offering potential fuel economy improvements

costs this month for replacement

1) roof fabric refurbishment - RM480
2) boot actuator - RM237

tensioner = rm180
adjusting pulley = rm 95
a-c belt = rm 60
affordable, but the labour chg makes me drive the wall

remove/install alternator due to replacing a/c belt = rm 100
replace alt.bearing rm 110
check up atf system rm 100
total rm 645

items are rather cheap, w'manship is too much..What do u all think guys?

bmw7833;560846 said:
U brought your own parts? RM310 for labor is a bit high. Which workshop?

nope, the shop ordered n fixed all..i still think its a bit redundant as they fixed n installed the pulleys almost simultaneously..feel bad..did it in bimmers workshop in beepee, johor.. they are experienced bimmer mechs, but still new in running their own shop..i did tell him about the labour chg n donno what they wil do..tq for yr concern bro

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to replace my engine and gearbox mountings on my 03' 525i at the next service. Can anyone tell me if the gearbox needs to be drained to change the mountings?
Just spent almost RM710 flushing out the gearbox...really don't want to waste relatively new oil :D

Thanks!

rpmnut;564799 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to replace my engine and gearbox mountings on my 03' 525i at the next service. Can anyone tell me if the gearbox needs to be drained to change the mountings?
Just spent almost RM710 flushing out the gearbox...really don't want to waste relatively new oil :D

Thanks!

Replacement of engine and gearbox mountings quite a simple job for our beemer. No need to drain ATF oil.

rpmnut;564799 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

As Herbert mentioned, easy job and they will take u less than 20 minutes to done.

RM115 x2
RM30 x2

That's what i paid to Eng Soon last year. BA is about the same i reckon.

cwlee;559681 said:
costs this month for replacement

1) roof fabric refurbishment - RM480
2) boot actuator - RM237

Hi, where u did the refurbishment..i'm planning to do the same..mine look like kelambu..
And for the actuator did u bouht from the same place? i did ask auto bavarian subang they said the price around RM300.

bmw7833;564946 said:
RM115 x2
RM30 x2

That's what i paid to Eng Soon last year. BA is about the same i reckon.

WaLAuWeh..!! cheaper than my honda city's...

This is how the old and new engine mounting looks like. Notice the thinness of the old one compare to the new one.

12032010003-1.jpg

Just changed the engine and gearbox mountings - and did a software upgrade. Best RM600 I've ever spent. The car is so unbelievably smooth now! ;)

Top Bottom