e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
JYazid;421731 said:
Jerman,

Support only the Spare Part shop which support us la ( can give discount sumore) ....... no need to list all here la ...

Yazid

Minta maaf. Lupa pulak :stupid:. Amended. Thanks for the reminder!

which spare part shop that you recommed,bro?

JYazid;421731 said:
Jerman,

Support only the Spare Part shop which support us la ( can give discount sumore) ....... no need to list all here la ...

Yazid

X Benz;421856 said:
Bimmer,

Hi, read your posting really need the contact of JT CarCare in Taman Sg Besi or and good and cheap Beemer workshop in USJ or Subang Jaya Area. I m looking at a E39 523i 1998 thinking is best that I send it to a relaible work shop to get it check out.

Perviously I drive a Mercedes Benz W124 and the costs of repair are not that expensive. Need to check the maintance cost out, before I jump in owning the E39.

Thank you.

In my opinion, the overall maintenance cost for E39 will be much higher (at least 30-40%) than W124 regardless of any honest or "value for money" mechanics or workshops! Benz W124 series are known for its reliability and low maintenance cost.

Jerman;421916 said:
In my opinion, the overall maintenance cost for E39 will be much higher (at least 30-40%) than W124 regardless of any honest or "value for money" mechanics or workshops! Benz W124 series are known for its reliability and low maintenance cost.

.....yah but the joy of driving drop by 90%.

Jerman;421916 said:

Yup, W124 is one of the robust conti car & some parts are cheaper than proton.
E39 is way much higher maintenance but once u drive one then you'll know the sheer driving pleasure of ultimate driving machine:love:

...unless its about your car HORN got problem..Pls stick to topic.
And no i didnt have the urge to go to my car and start pressing the horn.

As you can see, only minds think alike...not the 'Head'.

X Benz;421856 said:
Bimmer,

Hi, read your posting really need the contact of JT CarCare in Taman Sg Besi or and good and cheap Beemer workshop in USJ or Subang Jaya Area. I m looking at a E39 523i 1998 thinking is best that I send it to a relaible work shop to get it check out.

Perviously I drive a Mercedes Benz W124 and the costs of repair are not that expensive. Need to check the maintance cost out, before I jump in owning the E39.

Thank you.

X Benz,

There are few BMW wshop is Subang Jaya/USJ/Sunway .. BM Wong , Bimmerholic etc,

When come to pricing, you have to check the parts price with the spare part shop before you visit them and only you could make comparison.

Just changed belting @ RM90/ boot hydraulic suspension @ RM100 a pair/ steering hose @RM100 ... is it on d high side? mine is E39 1997/2002 .

salam & greetings,

i am new in this forum but would like to share with all the parts & servicing cost of a 1999/2003 E39 523i. I bought the car 3 weeks ago from a dealer in Selayang & take the dive to give ang pow as the car has no service history to refer. All prices in RM.

1.engine oil (castrol magnetic 10w/40L) x 2 units =210
2.oil filter =48
3.XT formula oil cleaner plus 250ml = 38
4.Air Filter = 110
5. setting service light = 30
*labor charge for item 1 to 4= RM 15

6.Timing oil seal lower =65
7. gear box mounting @58 x 2=116
8. spark plug (bosch platinum @38 x 6=228
9. valve cover gasket= 125
10.valve cover bush@10x15= 150
11.fly wheel oil seal=95
12.oil sump gasket=115
13.oil filter housing gasket=45
14.auto filter=85
15.auto gasket=65
16.auto oil 1L@10x65=650
17.auto commotor oil seal=85
18.long shaft coupling=285
19.long shaft oil seal=65
20.power steering hose (long)=145
21.power steering hose(short)=125
22.brake pad front (1 set)=245
23.power steering tank=115
24.brake disc front@2x250=500
25.brake sensor front=45
26.absober mounting@2x115=230
27.absober bush@2x48=96
28.absiber cover@2x38=76
29. absober front ring@2x135=270
30. absober front @2x580=1160 (Boge, OEM Germany made)
31.aircond belt=58
32.aircond belt tensioner=230

labor charges from 6 to 32=450 (excluding absober)

33.front & rear wheel alignment=45
34.adjust camber front left & right=90 (2x45)

labor for absober=100

i hope to gather feedbacks whether the parts & labor charges are reasonable or rip off.

Jerman;421915 said:
BMW Spare Parts
Inner Power, Jalan Ipoh 03-62517677 (Mr Tang)

Jerman, i called Mr tang for price comparison on s/parts, it seems IP cost much higher than bavarian auto & commer range.

KARLFATHER;422830 said:
Jerman, i called Mr tang for price comparison on s/parts, it seems IP cost much higher than bavarian auto & commer range.

Originally Posted by JYazid
Jerman,
Yazid

Yazid,
Perhaps you would like to review this with Mr Tang, Inner Power

windshield washer pump - pre sep '97 - rm120
post sep '97 - rm 35

mine's the cheaper wan....legaaaa.....but what a vast difference in price!

Jerman;422897 said:
Originally Posted by JYazid
Jerman,
Yazid

Yazid,
Perhaps you would like to review this with Mr Tang, Inner Power

Every businessman (whatever they selling) will priced their product differently.

Since Inner Power always sponsor this Club official events, I think it is not wrong if we promote Inner Power. But this doesn't mean the price is cheaper.
REMEMBER discount only be given to OFFICIAL MEMBER.

Further more the committee feel that Mr. Tang is honest when dealing with customer, mean he didn't sell fake product and say it as OEM and OEM product as Original. (Provided you know the different)

I bought my parts at Inner Power because I know I will not be cheated by Mr. Tang. (same feeling goes to most of the old-timer here and I know this long before I join the CLub.)

Further more is the comparison made based on same brand or same product ? .

e.g. If you ask how much is front brake pad ? Bavarian is going to quote RM135 but Inner Power price is RM175. It will look that IM is more expensive? Actually BA is quoting 'Jerman product/Bosch' but IM quoting 'ATE'. where ATE is a better quality.(some say JURID is better)

Moral of the story ...... If you wanna to buy your own spape parts, you must learn about the product. Know the Brand name, original, OEM or fake.

Be like our most respected member 'Jerman'. before, he know very litle about driving BMW and BMW spare parts.
Nowadays he could 'rempit' most us here and the mechanic cannot easily cheat him, he knew most of spare part shop owner, know the brand and the pricing.

How he became like that? ........ the secret are ..... Come to TT .
Jerman seldom missed Official TT.
During TT you could meet all these expert, make friend and learn from them.

Yazid

JYazid;423225 said:
Every businessman (whatever they selling) will priced their product differently. Since Inner Power always sponsor this Club official events, I think it is not wrong if we promote Inner Power. But this doesn't mean the price is cheaper.
REMEMBER discount only be given to OFFICIAL MEMBER.

Further more the committee feel that Mr. Tang is honest when dealing with customer, mean he didn't sell fake product and say it as OEM and OEM product as Original. (Provided you know the different)

Further more is the comparison made based on same brand or same product ? Moral of the story ...... If you wanna to buy your own spape parts, you must learn about the product. Know the Brand name, original, OEM or fake.

The secrets are ..... Come to TT .
Jerman seldom missed Official TT.
During TT you could meet all these expert, make friend and learn from them.

Yazid

Yazid,
Many thanks for the clarifications. I'm still learning from veterans and experts like you. Yes, Yazid is correct.

To all newbies and enthusiasts, join the club officially and come to TT for a whole new experience in BMW ownership and networking! :top:

I am a newbie here, Mine is a 1997 528

Speedometer Not running, ABS indicator light up, Fuel Indicator not functioning properly, do I need to change Speedometer(if yes how Much would it cost?)
Sure would Appreciate any pointers , Thanx.

Top Bottom