Changing later

keigoayam;411874 said:
Hello all,

I'm a newbie here.. just went for servicing my 523I.. and here are the cost:

Engine Oil (Syntium 800 10W40) - RM194
Oil Filter-RM35
Labour-RM20

Total cost=RM249

My mechanic said that i have to change the fan clutch later on due to corrosion...and also some leaking on the valve..
Do you guys know what is the worst case could happen if i not change this parts urgently? Im thinking of to change it in May..
So sifus please advise me...

Attend to the clutch first. Its the cooling system...dont play play. The valve leaking would be the valve cover gasket..that can wait.

Got the car back, here I enclose the list of items :stupid:

E39 530i

Engine Oil + Oil Filter - 350
Front/Rear Brake Pads (TEXTAR OEM) - 400
Engine Mounting 2 pieces - 380
Oil Sump Gasket - 250
Oil Filter Housing - 90
Angel Eye - 100
Recondition Steering Rack - 1500
Lower/Upper Arms - 1480
Link Rod - 200
Side Rod - 400
Side Rod Cover - 70
Wheel Alignment - 25
Vent Pipe, Hose, Pressure Valve Return Hose - 800
ECU Update & Reprogramme - 200
Exhaust Camshaft Sensor - 350
Labor - 200

Total Damage RM6795 --> RM6700 :stupid::stupid:

After test drive, I start to wonder that how would a brand new E39 feel like. :love::top:
Stupidly fast and responsive, I didn't know the car still can improve sooo much. Just a bit of throttle input in a corner will bring the DSC comes on, running on 255/40/17 PS2.

The suspension part, super firm and solid feel, no more free play and unnecessary feedback. This is without a proper alignment, will do on Monday. :top:

I'm just wondering, is the DSC functioning when ur at the manual mode of tiptronic?

paultantk;412251 said:
IsaacVky: How bad was your steering rack, why did you change it?

Oil leaks everywhere, the side rod cover is filled with oil. bad bad bad!

520i

Problem:

Sudden breakdown(ignition off) in the middle of highway on 13th March. Re-ignite for coupla times,
failed. Waited for 15min and good to go but breakdown again within few Km. Suspected the fuel
filter as the exact problem to my previous ride. Sent to workshop the following week.

Solution :

Fuel pump + labour : RM900
Float Leftside + labour : RM340
Float Rightside + labour : RM340
Fuel filter + laboour : RM170
Inlet cam sensor + labour : RM 350

Sum up :RM2100

going for long distance travel soon so did a full preventive maintenance check today.

1 set front brake pads RM245
1 set rear brake pads RM235
1 pc front brake sensor RM40
1 pc rear brake sensor RM47
1 pc HB4 bulb for fog light RM40
1 set clip for bottom dash cover RM10
Labour RM80

All in RM697

Done at BMWorld Desa Tun Razak

e39 refreshed...

IsaacVky;412099 said:
....After test drive, I start to wonder that how would a brand new E39 feel like....

dont la say like that bro...now i am itchy to swipe my card for new front arms and tie rods..:39:

e39 absorbers

Hello Masters, i owned a 523i 2001. Need some advice. Front absorbers leaking already. Would like to know where to purchase 1 pair of absorber for replacement. Foreman said that i need to change mounting and bush as well. He quoted old mounting will cause car to float if we put in new absorbers. I resides in Pen but getting the parts in KL also not a problem. Thanking all of u in anticipation.

gst;414753 said:
Hello Masters, i owned a 523i 2001. Need some advice. Front absorbers leaking already. Would like to know where to purchase 1 pair of absorber for replacement. Foreman said that i need to change mounting and bush as well. He quoted old mounting will cause car to float if we put in new absorbers. I resides in Pen but getting the parts in KL also not a problem. Thanking all of u in anticipation.

bro,
You may try the following places.
  • Suan Huat, 5, Jalan 21/11B Sea Park 03-78773309 (Ah Keong)
  • Bavarian Auto, Taman Maluri 03-92840000 (Mr Wan)
  • Inner Power, Jalan Ipoh 03-62517677 (Mr Tang)
  • Munich Auto Supply, Jalan Ipoh 03-40432418 (Mr Siew)
  • First Division, Jalan Ipoh (Mr Kem)
  • CSS Auto Parts, Jln Ipoh near Mutiara Complex, Mr. Cheah 012-3862220
p/s: The price range for Blistein (Black-Comfort) is less than RM 450 (F) and RM 350 (R)

1 set front brake pads RM245 - apa brand ko pakai, klu OEM .... mahal tu, klu ori ..murah tu ...
1 set rear brake pads RM235 - same as above

Labour RM80 - Normally RM20 for sebelah ... both sides RM 40

Jerman, thank u very much. I shall call up and check. appreciate yr very kind and prompt response.

funfer_fahrer;414799 said:
Are you currently using Bilstein Black Comfort?

Yes, I've changed from the original Sachs to Bilstein (front & back) after 6 years at 129,000km. The ride is firm and composed. Happy with it :top:

Jerman;414822 said:
Yes, I've changed from the original Sachs to Bilstein (front & back) after 6 years at 129,000km. The ride is firm and composed. Happy with it :top:

jerman,

using the Bilstein Black(HD) with stock springs or lowered springs?

if with lowered springs, how does it ride?

Top Bottom