e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
feisaldzul;414828 said:
jerman,
using the Bilstein Black(HD) with stock springs or lowered springs?
if with lowered springs, how does it ride?

Mine stock springs. So, unable to answer you.

Anyway, from another forumer (E39) using stock absorbers on m-sport springs (lowered) and he said the overall ride is even better. Have not got a chance to test his ride! :rolleyes:

What - Expansion Tank Burst
Why - Thermostat jam, water temperature skyrocket high
Damage - RM685

Expansion Tank - 300
Coolant - 60
Thermostat & Upper Water Hose - 325

Guys,

I need yr advice. My alternator just give away & I changed to a used ori BMW Bosch 120amp. The issue here my ori alternator is 140amp & cant find used 140amp alternator. Even I check in SG only got aftermarket Valeo brand which also 120amp.
Check the newly installed alternator charging ok at 14V even when all lights & sound system on. Any effect in the future? BTW mine is M52B28 E39 CBU UK spec. Thanks

initialM;420816 said:
Guys,

I need yr advice. My alternator just give away & I changed to a used ori BMW Bosch 120amp. The issue here my ori alternator is 140amp & cant find used 140amp alternator. Even I check in SG only got aftermarket Valeo brand which also 120amp.
Check the newly installed alternator charging ok at 14V even when all lights & sound system on. Any effect in the future? BTW mine is M52B28 E39 CBU UK spec. Thanks

bro,
same story as mine. i had a 140A and when it died i replaced it with a 120A.
generally the 140A is used for the 540. the I6 normally uses 120A.
no problems on my side. been using it for some time now.

initialM;420816 said:
Guys,

Tak boleh .... kena cari yang ori ...... meletup keta nanti ....

feisaldzul;421033 said:
bro,
same story as mine. i had a 140A and when it died i replaced it with a 120A.
generally the 140A is used for the 540. the I6 normally uses 120A.
no problems on my side. been using it for some time now.

Thanks bro. No prob so far & its an ori BMW Bosch also:top:

JYazid;421051 said:
Tak boleh .... kena cari yang ori ...... meletup keta nanti ....

Tulen bang!!!!:love:

Patut la aritu aku selamba jer tapau Honda Prelude 2.2 ekzos melintang lagi. Keta aku rdtax 528 tapi cc 540:rolleyes: Lepas ni kalau keta meletup aku beli M5 terus tak payah buang duit overhauled lg hahahahha:stupid:

Salam & Hi everyone,

It's been along time since I visited this site. My beamer is 523i 1998 UK spec, bought 2nd hand in 2007 fr Ming Heng.
Great to read all yr posting bcos I am looking for any problems same as mine. As a pensioner or Tok Pa as what my grandson called me, money really scarce but the joy of driving this machine is 'Nothing Compares'.

Anyway, so far no major problem. I religiously send for normal servicing for oil change etc whenever the indicator shows 1 bar (like 4 to 5 mths, once) and normally it costs me RM500 or slightly less. Murah ke mahal?

Anyway, last week while driving thru NKVE the engine slowed down...no power but enough to send me to my regular workshop at Danau Kota, Genting Klang...the workshop says 3rd Valve fail. Mula2 dia kata nak ganti piston je abt RM2k. But when the engine was taken out, the cylinder head on 3rd valve pecah...(he showed me as the engine has been taken out) the remedy is to change the whole engine...from kedai potong model 2001 all cost RM5500 with only 2mths warrantee fr d workshop. Dia kata since mine is Single Vanos, 2001 is the latest...Dah pikir2 I give the wrkshop greenlight to proceed and still there for 3days already.

Question, is it necessary for the engine change, is there other solution ? And is that the price to pay?After this, I have to take my car to JPJ and I think that's the hassle altho he said not...Been sending my car to him all this while and I thot he has been reasonable, but now I think he is starting to makan me bit by bit...Love to hear from all...

Regards, Tok Pa

Quotation from Workshop

Dear sifus,

Just got a quotation from the workshop as below:

valve cover gasket =RM195
water pump=RM160
fan clutch=RM280
Thermostat housing=RM265
coolant=RM30
Labour=RM150

Total=RM1080

So guys what do you think? If these part prices are acceptable i will go for it. Need feedback from all.
Thanks

caizat,

whenever it involves that kinda money its best advised to survey a few workshops before committing to undertake such repair.

at least see if all the workshops tell u that u need to do the same repair.

all the best.

caizat;421299 said:
Salam & Hi everyone,

It's been along time since I visited this site. My beamer is 523i 1998 UK spec, bought 2nd hand in 2007 fr Ming Heng.
Great to read all yr posting bcos I am looking for any problems same as mine. As a pensioner or Tok Pa as what my grandson called me, money really scarce but the joy of driving this machine is 'Nothing Compares'.

Anyway, so far no major problem. I religiously send for normal servicing for oil change etc whenever the indicator shows 1 bar (like 4 to 5 mths, once) and normally it costs me RM500 or slightly less. Murah ke mahal?

Anyway, last week while driving thru NKVE the engine slowed down...no power but enough to send me to my regular workshop at Danau Kota, Genting Klang...the workshop says 3rd Valve fail. Mula2 dia kata nak ganti piston je abt RM2k. But when the engine was taken out, the cylinder head on 3rd valve pecah...(he showed me as the engine has been taken out) the remedy is to change the whole engine...from kedai potong model 2001 all cost RM5500 with only 2mths warrantee fr d workshop. Dia kata since mine is Single Vanos, 2001 is the latest...Dah pikir2 I give the wrkshop greenlight to proceed and still there for 3days already.

Question, is it necessary for the engine change, is there other solution ? And is that the price to pay?After this, I have to take my car to JPJ and I think that's the hassle altho he said not...Been sending my car to him all this while and I thot he has been reasonable, but now I think he is starting to makan me bit by bit...Love to hear from all...

Regards, Tok Pa

salam tok pa....

from yr description the fault lies with the cylinder head.if that's the case only the head need to be repaired or replaced and not the engine,which will not require you to go to JPJ to register a new engine!

Thanks feisuldzal & moot,

Sorry, wanted to reply much earlier but I'm still learning using the site and many times error.

After reading yr comment, I went and check the car today...it is the cylinder block not cylinder head...(at this age I guess I'm still learning...). I was panicky on that day and thinking something worst could happen if I didnt take to the workshop immediately. The engine has been taken out and open up...I only check at the website RealOEM on the Engine Block price about US$3,487 after he quoted the price, so I thot RM5,500 is reasonable for used engine plus labour, lubricants etc....waaaa...still alot to learn at this age. Should have upgraded the engine instead.

Recalling the incident, the car was purring perfectly...then suddenly, it vibrated and lose power...no other indication whatsover when started or while driving before, it was in a perfect condition, then suddenly...Do I miss any sympton on this problem.............please advise.

Regards, Tok Pa

keigoayam;421365 said:
Dear sifus,

Just got a quotation from the workshop as below:
valve cover gasket =RM195
water pump=RM160
fan clutch=RM280
Thermostat housing=RM265
coolant=RM30
Labour=RM150
Total=RM1080

So guys what do you think? If these part prices are acceptable i will go for it. Need feedback from all.
Thanks

bro,
You could get the parts cheaper by about 20% if you buy them yourself.

Thanks jerman,

But do you know someone or the place where i can get the parts with a good price? i live at Balakong.. The Mines..
Can you give me the contact number or the add?
thanks in advance

keigoayam;421672 said:
Thanks jerman,

But do you know someone or the place where i can get the parts with a good price? i live at Balakong.. The Mines..
Can you give me the contact number or the add?
thanks in advance

BMW Spare Parts
Inner Power, Jalan Ipoh 03-62517677 (Mr Tang)

Thx again jerman.
Just called Mr Wan from Bavarian Auto and i could save almost rm300 buying from him.
phewwwww...thx bro :)

Jerman;421683 said:
Try Bavarian Auto, Taman Maluri which would be the nearest for you.

BMW Spare Parts
Inner Power, Jalan Ipoh 03-62517677 (Mr Tang)

Jerman,

Support only the Spare Part shop which support us la ( can give discount sumore) ....... no need to list all here la ...

Yazid

caizat;421587 said:
Thanks feisuldzal & moot,

Sorry, wanted to reply much earlier but I'm still learning using the site and many times error.

After reading yr comment, I went and check the car today...it is the cylinder block not cylinder head...(at this age I guess I'm still learning...). I was panicky on that day and thinking something worst could happen if I didnt take to the workshop immediately. The engine has been taken out and open up...I only check at the website RealOEM on the Engine Block price about US$3,487 after he quoted the price, so I thot RM5,500 is reasonable for used engine plus labour, lubricants etc....waaaa...still alot to learn at this age. Should have upgraded the engine instead.

Recalling the incident, the car was purring perfectly...then suddenly, it vibrated and lose power...no other indication whatsover when started or while driving before, it was in a perfect condition, then suddenly...Do I miss any sympton on this problem.............please advise.

Regards, Tok Pa

Salam Tok Pa,

Datang TT .... kita boleh cerita panjang pasal kereta ...... should you join us earlier, you wont be slaughter by the mechanic bit by bit.

Yah JYazid...will do that...

Test drive the car just now feel better than before, and the feeling compensate the hole in my pocket. Still cant take yet, the foreman still wanna run somemore test. Would be busy for the next few days w JPJ's paperwork...

Will post my bill here for members' info after I've settled all matters.

Thanks a lot guys.:top:

Top Bottom