e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
feisaldzul;406667 said:
azan23uk,
any reason why u went for the repair kit instead of a recond unit?

Better to overhaul wt repair kit as long the stereng shaft still in good condition:top:

azan23uk;406513 said:
Chop shop about RM1,500. I did the repair kit for about RM900 (kit plus labour + alignment) coz the shaft still ok. Now steering feels better.

got mine from a chop shop at RM1650 recently...had to change to a recon unit coz the shaft is not ok.

Dear All,

i m sorry if i m posting at the wrong place as i quite new here at this web,

i have just bought over E39 and my can holder is broken which is near to my gear knob,

sorry to describe in that way as i m not sure how to tell,

appreciate if some one can tell me if that part can be replace or need to be fixed as i believe the spring is failure as it cannot be closed..

Please advised dear valuable members.

Sugudev.

sugudev;407533 said:
Dear All,

i m sorry if i m posting at the wrong place as i quite new here at this web,

i have just bought over E39 and my can holder is broken which is near to my gear knob,

sorry to describe in that way as i m not sure how to tell,

appreciate if some one can tell me if that part can be replace or need to be fixed as i believe the spring is failure as it cannot be closed..

Please advised dear valuable members.

Sugudev.

You can easily open the cup holder to check. It can be replace but repair...i don't think so.

did my oil service for the 5.

castrol edge 5w-50 7 liters
*shucks double posted*

did my oil service for the 5.

castrol edge 5w-50 7 liters RM315
oil filter RM45
service fee RM40

done at MB One, MRR2

re-scan for errors using GT1, tighten power steeringhose - FOC

ATF after 40k

just did ATF 'part flush'

1. ZF 6.5 ltr ATF @ RM50 per ltr
2. ATF filter RM60
3. Gasket RM45

All above is RM430. I also did regular oil service. So, ATF labour inclusive of labour for oil service is RM80. Oh..almost forgot..Wiper Bosch RM130 and all six spark plugs..Bosch (that 4 'tips' type) RM32 a pc.

Mine is 528i Yr 2000, UK. 162k km

azan23uk

where did you buy the the ATF, filter and gasket?

I just bought this afternoon at Bavarian Auto SS2,
ATF Filter RM37 , Gasket RM28 & ATF RM42per litre
maybe bcos mine is 523 but shouldnt it be the same?

XXX;411332 said:
azan23uk

All E39 tiptronic gbox use same filter, gasket & oil.
The parts & oil u bought are ori of aftermarket.
Very cheap! or blackmarket hehehehe:listen:

I suppose its oem wantlah as bavarian auto dun carry those ciplak wan..I ask him mana mali...he say jerman...so caya sama dialah.

initialM;411358 said:
All E39 tiptronic gbox use same filter, gasket & oil.
The parts & oil u bought are ori of aftermarket.
Very cheap! or blackmarket hehehehe:listen:

No-lah. e39 Single vanos A/T is 5HP-18 (A5S310Z) while the Double Vanos uses the 5HP-19 (A5S330Z) gearbox. You, me and XXX use the older one. The buddy's '00 yea E39 r is running on 5HP19, the filter kit and oil is a bit more expensive.

wc9922;411503 said:
No-lah. e39 Single vanos A/T is 5HP-18 (A5S310Z) while the Double Vanos uses the 5HP-19 (A5S330Z) gearbox. You, me and XXX use the older one. The buddy's '00 yea E39 r is running on 5HP19, the filter kit and oil is a bit more expensive.

Sorry my bad.:stupid:

Any difference between 5HP18 & 5HP19 gbox??
How bout E46?

There's a difference. The torque capacity on the 5HP19 is higher and there's some changes on the solenoid design as well as some difference in the clutch packs configuration.

Shift pressure can be mechanically adjusted on the 5HP18 but not on the 5HP19. Basically 5HP18 can be upgraded more than 5HP19.

E46's 6zyl. all come with 5HP19 gearboxes as they have double vanos engines.

The 5HP18 can be found on e34,36,38,39,Z3 of course where the same engine was use except e34 was based on the M50TU engine. The 5HP18 is not exactly the same on each model. Mean a 5HP18 from a E39 not necessary the same as 5HP18 from a E36.

Some differences in the sun gears, valve body circuit, transmission ECU ( steptronic or not), torque converter etc. Too much to mention. If you interested, u can get the ZF catalog for 5HP18 and study. The name plate model sub-designation and color tag, that tells the different configurations.

This is an estimated cost for the E39 530i I sent in to M-Speed ah Meng just just-now.

P/S Rack - 1500 (Local Recondition) :eek:
P/S Hose - 100
Labor + P/S Oil - 200

Engine Oil Service - 350
Oil Sump Gasket + Labor - 250
Oil Separator - 800 (What is this?):stupid:
Oil Filter Housing Gasket - 90

Upper/Lower Arms (Front) - 1480(370 x 4) :eek:
Link Rod - 200/pair
F/R Brake Pads - 400/2 pairs

Angel Eye Bulb - 100

Total = RM5470 :eek::stupid::eek::stupid::eek::stupid:

Si-fu si-fu tokong tokong and dai kor here please tell me how you feel about the prices so I can stop him before it's too late. Car is there already, due tomorrow evening to collect.

IsaacVky;411825 said:
This is an estimated cost for the E39 530i I sent in to M-Speed ah Meng just just-now.

P/S Rack - 1500 (Local Recondition) :eek:
P/S Hose - 100
Labor + P/S Oil - 200

Engine Oil Service - 350
Oil Sump Gasket + Labor - 250
Oil Separator - 800 (What is this?):stupid:
Oil Filter Housing Gasket - 90

Upper/Lower Arms (Front) - 1480(370 x 4) :eek:
Link Rod - 200/pair
F/R Brake Pads - 400/2 pairs

Angel Eye Bulb - 100

Total = RM5470 :eek::stupid::eek::stupid::eek::stupid:

Si-fu si-fu tokong tokong and dai kor here please tell me how you feel about the prices so I can stop him before it's too late. Car is there already, due tomorrow evening to collect.

is it necessary to change? if yes then u have got no choice. either now or later.

if not and still usable i think u can always postpone it to a later time.

Hello all,

I'm a newbie here.. just went for servicing my 523I.. and here are the cost:

Engine Oil (Syntium 800 10W40) - RM194
Oil Filter-RM35
Labour-RM20

Total cost=RM249

My mechanic said that i have to change the fan clutch later on due to corrosion...and also some leaking on the valve..
Do you guys know what is the worst case could happen if i not change this parts urgently? Im thinking of to change it in May..
So sifus please advise me...

XXX;411332 said:
azan23uk

xxx,

Sorry for the late reply. i did not buy them. All included in the bill. My mechanic margin included i guess.

Top Bottom