e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the idle adjuster is that square box connected to the manifold and next to the MAF
I did not change the camshaft sensor, yet.

affan66;390543 said:
the idle adjuster is that square box connected to the manifold and next to the MAF
I did not change the camshaft sensor, yet.

That's on your M54 engine... Your M54 electronic throttle also acts as an idle adjuster.There's no throttle cable in your car affan, all electronics fly by wire. On Initial M's car, the M52's there's the idle air valve that sits below the manifold. It makes that whirrling when u start up in the morning.

wc9922, thanks for the clarification. Yes, this is for the M54 engine. Not familiar with the M52.

anyone knows how much it cost to install a new airbag for my e39? out of the 8 airbag, only the steering n the front dashboard airbag didnt burst out.thx

Would like to share my maintenance cost after acquiring my UDM e39 -1996 in Mar 08. The car has been driven for about a year now with milage from 104k km to 116k km. The cost so far:-

1). k&n air filter - RM250
2). engine oil + oil filter service - RM300
3). ATF fluid - RM350
4). ABS sensor - RM150 (second hand) - now my other sensor also kaput.
5). Diagnotic & labour - RM80
That all for now.

I bought a OBD (on board diagnostic) aka "clone" carsoft6.5. Works fine with my UDM and has received many error messages with need my immediate attention. Will start investing on all those errors and perhaps will purchase other replacement parts, e.g brake pads, radiator, radiator hoses, thermostat & housing, radiator reservoir, etc. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, my UDM still serving my wife & I very well. :21:

Latest "damage" on the 39 ... 4 pcs. Bridgestone RE001 Adrenaline 225/55/16 @ RM630 a piece at Hup Shun, Sunway. Free balancing & alignment.

My previous set lasted just under 2 years and 57,000 km. Super grippy in the wet & dry and very quiet all the way to the end. Wanted to try the F1 Assy. but they don't make 16", so decided to stick with Adrenalines.

koryong;401825 said:
Latest "damage" on the 39 ... 4 pcs. Bridgestone RE001 Adrenaline 225/55/16 @ RM630 a piece at Hup Shun, Sunway. Free balancing & alignment.

My previous set lasted just under 2 years and 57,000 km. Super grippy in the wet & dry and very quiet all the way to the end. Wanted to try the F1 Assy. but they don't make 16", so decided to stick with Adrenalines.

Bro, go 18". Better handling....hehehe....tyres also cheaper.

Just to share with other E39 owners. Changed one piece rear wheel bearing yesterday (milage 136700km) for RM 290 inclusive of labour. I understand it's rather a tough job changing it. The bearing only cost about RM 150-160

Does anyone know how much are the fogs, the ones located at the front bumper?

XXX;401849 said:

The rectangular ones for 523i = RM 243 per unit (Source: Bavarian Auto)

Daredevil;401829 said:
Bro, go 18". Better handling....hehehe....tyres also cheaper.

What to do, it's a daily work car so no mods. I also prefer the comfort of 16".

Stock 39 tires are quite an odd size, hence the crazy price. Likewise e30 15" also ... that's another horror story coming soon :(

koryong;401951 said:
What to do, it's a daily work car so no mods. I also prefer the comfort of 16".

Stock 39 tires are quite an odd size, hence the crazy price. Likewise e30 15" also ... that's another horror story coming soon :(

Mine oso a daily drive. Not much difference bet 16" & 18" in terms of comfort. As long the size same as the guideline at driver side door body.

Kumho ECSTA SPT 245/40/18 - RM650 each from Consistent Distinction near Heritage (off Old Klang Road)

This is my second set. Very happy with its performance and quietness even towards the end of its life. Managed to get 26000kms from the rear tires. The front tires are still running at 29000kms. Due for change next few weeks.

XXX;401849 said:

for facelift model using round one ..... to save money, can put torchlight plus a bit of new wiring cost less that RM50. This depend on brand. ... if Maglite .... more expensive than ori. :stupid: ...... wwakkakakakakakaa

E39, 520i 2003. Mileage is 175k. My steering rack is leaking now....Anyone know the cost of rack? chop shop and also brand new? I heard new also got from german, also got local....how? Any recommendation? I'm also considering repair kit but it depends on the condition of the "shaft"...

Thank you.

Chop shop about RM1,500. I did the repair kit for about RM900 (kit plus labour + alignment) coz the shaft still ok. Now steering feels better.

Top Bottom