e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
affan66;385601 said:
update:
MODIC indicated ignition fault on cylinder 1 and 5. After reset, car OK. hmmm
what could it be ya? Air leaks? Ignition coil? Air flow sensor? cam/crank position sensor? idle control valve?
Checked the readings on the coils, all OK.
Drove the car around, whacked it, no errors. Hmmmm

weiiii no money la.... now worried about investing in another house.....

I guess the bremi ignition coil goin to kaput. Your house destroy in the mishap??

nolah. house ada. quite far.

the ignition coil seems to be okay. likely timing sensor.

I had Bremi coils on my ex-SLOTH. One gave way suddenly (cracked big time) and took out the ECU along with it. Ended up spending RM2.5k replacing the ECU and 6 coils. i always check the coils for minute cracks whenever I send the car in for service.

affan66;385749 said:
nolah. house ada. quite far.

the ignition coil seems to be okay. likely timing sensor.

So selling the house now in Bt Antarabangsa and getting another one elsewhere? Moving back to KK?:top:

affan66;385601 said:
update:
what could it be ya? Air leaks? Ignition coil? Air flow sensor? cam/crank position sensor? idle control valve?

affan66;385601 said:
update:

My car had the same problem..but didnt reset..the light went off on its own aft 2 days but idling ok..however did a modic check and found out misfiring at 2 cyl...some say its quite common..been 1 mth since I last saw the light!!

My 1st service E39 523i 2000 CKD

Done at Seong Hoe Premium Motors, Melaka.

BMW Inspection II Labour RM231.00
Filter Elements RM58.95
Castrol Edge sport oil 6.5l x RM44.50 = RM 289.25

Replacing Pressure line for power steering (leakage)
Labour + Parts (Return pipe+Int.Mainfold) RM 361.70

The rest still in very good working conditions

johnj, keep me updated if you find the real cause.
I am going to change the crankshaft and camshaft position sensor as insurance. I know those two parts have not been replaced since new.

oh shoot. off topic.
install M5 side mirror plus painting = RM80 + RM75 and free relay.
Now searching for power window module with foldable switch :)

done at MB Auto/One in Kg Pasir, Ampang

Reset fault codes at same place, FOC.

affan66;386088 said:
johnj, keep me updated if you find the real cause.
I am going to change the crankshaft and camshaft position sensor as insurance. I know those two parts have not been replaced since new.

oh shoot. off topic.
install M5 side mirror plus painting = RM80 + RM75 and free relay.
Now searching for power window module with foldable switch :)

done at MB Auto/One in Kg Pasir, Ampang

Reset fault codes at same place, FOC.

Bro I suggest u better change both sensors soon as coz if those total gone ur engine just dies off. I change mine recently, check out my thread in showroom section.
BTW ur M5 side mirror so cheap arr?

oh, that excludes the price of the mirror la...bought ages ago.
Agree with you that these two sensors are very important. Changing both on both cars this week. Price is about RM300 for each right. Need to check.

affan66;386097 said:
oh, that excludes the price of the mirror la...bought ages ago.
Agree with you that these two sensors are very important. Changing both on both cars this week. Price is about RM300 for each right. Need to check.

I got it bout SGD90 exclude GST each in SG hehehe

about right then. if i incl cost of going to SG price could be more. unless got fren help buy. haha

flash;385823 said:
I had Bremi coils on my ex-SLOTH. One gave way suddenly (cracked big time) and took out the ECU along with it. Ended up spending RM2.5k replacing the ECU and 6 coils. i always check the coils for minute cracks whenever I send the car in for service.

Flash Gordon, care to explain more on what,why,when,who,which is the cause of the 'crack big time' . My car 2 times diagnoss 'missed fire' but cannot find fault .... playing with coil now .... so far so good ... but ...... donno next .. my car using Bosch

affan66;386107 said:
about right then. if i incl cost of going to SG price could be more. unless got fren help buy. haha

sure thing affan..will keep u updated!

initialM;386105 said:
I got it bout SGD90 exclude GST each in SG hehehe

Orang tengah kempen jangan beli baran.g Yahudi ,, ko nak suruh kesitu pulak .... :stupid:
Cintailah Negara Kita:top:

okay, decided to give some angpow to ah wai, BMWorld Tun Razak today.

Idle adjuster RM800

JYazid;386281 said:
Orang tengah kempen jangan beli baran.g Yahudi ,, ko nak suruh kesitu pulak .... :stupid:
Cintailah Negara Kita:top:

Ok lar jgn gi SG kita gi Batam:top:

idle adjuster - idling problems (similar to JohnJ). engine light came up (as posted earlier in this thread) and said ignition coil 1 and 5 misfire. After reset, car ok. However, idle when engine was cold a bit rough.

Ah Wai poured water around the idle adjuster unit and then played with the accelerator. The idle flap was not working well so he changed it.

Crankshaft sensor - no issues actually but found this has never been changed since 2001. Better safe than sorry. Could cause a lot of starting problems or sudden cut of engine power.

affan66;390463 said:
idle adjuster - idling problems (similar to JohnJ). engine light came up (as posted earlier in this thread) and said ignition coil 1 and 5 misfire. After reset, car ok. However, idle when engine was cold a bit rough.

Ah Wai poured water around the idle adjuster unit and then played with the accelerator. The idle flap was not working well so he changed it.

Crankshaft sensor - no issues actually but found this has never been changed since 2001. Better safe than sorry. Could cause a lot of starting problems or sudden cut of engine power.

Which one is the idle adjuster? Did u change camshaft sensor?

Top Bottom