rear
-upper arm
-lower arm
-link rod
-ball joint
-knuckle pitman
cost me rm 4120 (x2)

what do u think about the price.really need info

...since we're in the mood of changing parts ...i've been itching to change the windscreen cos its riddled with so called wiper blade scratches (had it from the prev owner)..it's literally givin me sore eyes..i was quoted rm 900+ inc installation of a new one but the man mentioned of a upper glass mounting (i think it was) that i might need sourcing on my own..don't know what ,where n how much..ur thoughts matter ,thanks.

taming sari;366215 said:
...since we're in the mood of changing parts ...i've been itching to change the windscreen cos its riddled with so called wiper blade scratches (had it from the prev owner)..it's literally givin me sore eyes..i was quoted rm 900+ inc installation of a new one but the man mentioned of a upper glass mounting (i think it was) that i might need sourcing on my own..don't know what ,where n how much..ur thoughts matter ,thanks.

Windshield strip seal front rm126
Windshield strip rubber buffer rm5 x 3
Windshield panel cover rm264
Windshield strip seal rear top rm126
Windshield strip seal rear bottom rm60

Hope that help u.

I bought mine from ES SG and plan to change my front screen and rear windshield rubber within this week.

dear all the senior bros,

i am new in this club ,actually what are the 'pantang larang' for us to pakai this UDM .need some advice

taming sari;363867 said:
sifu's ,

..not many guys with alternator failure here but mine is..any figure comes to mind? ...much appreciated

about 1600+ at WQW BM Wong just collected my car yesterday

Jerman;365437 said:
bro,
Any symtoms or tell-tale-signs before your fuel pump gave up? How much was your "damages $$$"?

Thanking you in advance for sharing your experience:top:
Sori that i did not c ur PM. In the initial stage, d ka jerk a lot & fuel delivery is not smooth at all. I could still drive it out to makan supper (distance about 5km) & pump petrol. Nak balik, can only move 300m & die. After that totally cannot start. In addition, 1 wk b4 fuel pump mati, my wiv said tekan minyak tapi kereta very slow to react.

According to mechanic, it usually die rite after pump petrol. To be on the safe side, i would suggest max stretch 5.5 yrs. After change, he suggest to change every 3 yrs. Damage = S$390 + S$80 (Labour).

In addition, i also change the following item:
Front control arm bush (1 pair) + Labour = S$180
Valve cover gasket = S$95 + $50 (Labour)
Air-con belt tensioner = S$95 + S$65 (Labour for all fan belt & tensioner)
Fan belt tensioner = S$95
Fan belt = S$36
The above amount is in Singapore dollar. The parts mayb cheaper if i get it myself outside.

By the way, has anybody tried Brembo rotor (OE size 296 x 22) & how much?

taming sari;363867 said:
sifu's ,

..not many guys with alternator failure here but mine is..any figure comes to mind? ...much appreciated
If ur alternator failure because of voltage regulator, u also need to change ur battery. It will overcharge ur battery & battery will be condemn. Kena b4 some months ago.

...what a month it's been la ,first the alternator then the throttle body... the fuel pump decided to say gud nite 3 days ago ..other than having the normal gasket leak fixed ,its car service month...oh ya the tyres need changing too..i can't stop smiling now ,maybe it's b'cos the car should be ok for a while or it's probably my turn now to check in into a hospital..:nurse:

Time for me to share for our common good. Air cond finally dies on my E39. Went to Naidu and below is the damage:-

Cooling coil, receiver dryer, expansion valve, top up compressor oi/gas, 1 set of O-ring = RM1,400.00
Did not give me a breakdown despite my request for members' benefit. 6 months warranty thrown in. Air cond cool and normal again.
Blower motor = RM750.00

So total for aircond is RM2,150.00.

Thereafter, time to repair the period leak. Change the steering rack and fix the oil sump gasket and the details are as follows:-

Recond steering rack assembly (warranty 3 months) = RM1,750.00
Oil sump gasket = RM196.00
Oil filter housing O' ring and gasket = RM150.00
3 litre power steering fluid = RM57.00
Power steering hose = RM140.00

So maintaining a E39 is a rather dear and costly experience :rolleyes:

Next could be my rear wheel bearings.

Grand;372853 said:
.... Went to Naidu and below is the damage:-

Cooling coil, receiver dryer, expansion valve, top up compressor oi/gas, 1 set of O-ring = RM1,400.00
Did not give me a breakdown despite my request for members' benefit. 6 months warranty thrown in. ......

That's cheap .... :eek: coz I did exactly the same recently & cost me RM 2,030 inclusive of labor.

I wonder if the difference is due to different e39 models ? Mine is a 520i M54.

my e39 engine light is on. Idling issues. Likely air leak or cam sensor.. haih... will fix it tomorrow.

affan66;385252 said:
my e39 engine light is on. Idling issues. Likely air leak or cam sensor.. haih... will fix it tomorrow.

Most probably engine problem. Need to upgrade to M54B30 hehehe

nolah, like what initialm says, engine prob. time to upgrade engine. I6 not gud enuff for you. better get the V8....

affan66;385299 said:
i think cam sensor la.... or air leak.

My turn. Overhaul gearbox. Change all e cluches, valve body, filters, torque converter and radiator. 8k plus. Koyak lah.

no money to upgrade la... now got other things to worry about, such as the house :(

update:
MODIC indicated ignition fault on cylinder 1 and 5. After reset, car OK. hmmm
what could it be ya? Air leaks? Ignition coil? Air flow sensor? cam/crank position sensor? idle control valve?
Checked the readings on the coils, all OK.
Drove the car around, whacked it, no errors. Hmmmm

weiiii no money la.... now worried about investing in another house.....

Top Bottom