e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
longestdrive;328128 said:
Meng told me he mark up a bit and there was no labour charge. Probably included in the prices already. U know lah business:wink:. Thanks

That is correct ...... with your radiator price only can cover the labour cost, plus your sensor price ... hmmmm ... anyway what brand is your sensor, and it is quite hard to get ori ... even AB is using Fabi.

Anyway ... it is a normal price every workshop 'sembelih' ..... unless you scout around to ask parts price from spare parts shop and make comparison. Jerman is good in this ... that why Vasu cannot con him.

JYazid;330109 said:
That is correct ...... with your radiator price only can cover the labour cost, plus your sensor price ... hmmmm ... anyway what brand is your sensor, and it is quite hard to get ori ... even AB is using Fabi.
I have no idea what the name of the sensor is. I wanted four instead of the normal two. Two he quoted rm250. For four rm400. Where is the reverse sensor unit found btw?

Thanks.

longestdrive;328023 said:
Hi BMW enthusiasts,

Cam sensor (o) - 800

I mean this item/items .... how many cam sensor do you change ?
I have a very good experience with this 'cam sensor' thing and I could write an essay on this.

what is this 'Adjuster Unit - 900' ??

JYazid;330427 said:
I have a very good experience with this 'cam sensor' thing and I could write an essay on this.

bro,what is cam sensor?any cause??

wang;330442 said:

Wang,
You better buy Yazid nasi kandar & teh tarik as I forsee this is going to be a long story. Yazid already said.......he can write an essay on this topic! :top:

JYazid;330427 said:

I have no idea how many sensor he changed:stupid: but I was away when he changed them. Actually i thought it was the reverse sensor as mine didn't come with it. Need it so I won't bang walls, other cars while reversing.Was told the adjuster unit is the sort of square thing just the top of the dip stick. Alamak I kena con ah?:eek:

Most Likely that is the electronic throttle unit by your description of the location.

Is yours a post 2000 car with M54 engine Double Vanos?

wang;330442 said:

Wang,
your car has 2 cam sensor ...... 1st one susah mau rosak ..... 2nd one lagi susah mau rosak. ......(but not possible to be faulty).... talk to me when we meet. panjang mau cerita ....

longestdrive;330450 said:
I have no idea how many sensor he changed:stupid: but I was away when he changed them. Actually i thought it was the reverse sensor as mine didn't come with it. Need it so I won't bang walls, other cars while reversing.Was told the adjuster unit is the sort of square thing just the top of the dip stick. Alamak I kena con ah?:eek:

Affan has very good experience with Reverse Sensor ...... he know all the detail price.

Adjuster (electronic throttle) ----- is it something wrong when you excelerate (hard to press yr pedal ?)

You tak kena con la ...... just treat it like 'willing buyer, willing seller'

wc9922;330464 said:
Most Likely that is the electronic throttle unit by your description of the location.

Alex, M52TU also has this thing ..... I call it 'drive by cable+wire' ..., 'M54 drive by wire'

All these sensors are made by third party companies. If you have time to browse those electronics catalogs, you may find the equivalent for a significant less cost than BMW.

wc9922;330464 said:

Nope. It is the M52TU. manufactured 9/1999.

JYazid;330510 said:
Affan has very good experience with Reverse Sensor ...... he know all the detail price.

Adjuster (electronic throttle) ----- is it something wrong when you excelerate (hard to press yr pedal ?)

You tak kena con la ...... just treat it like 'willing buyer, willing seller'

Well after we back from test drive he mentioned it was slightly heavy when accelerating that is when checked the diagnostic computer, showed error forgot what it was but I think it was something to do with the solenoid. Maybe I am wrong. But he said was also the cause partly related. Then he also changed the accelerator cable.

wc9922;330517 said:
All these sensors are made by third party companies. If you have time to browse those electronics catalogs, you may find the equivalent for a significant less cost than BMW.

ic thanks for info.

my bmw is fantastic, its already 8 years old and i never had any problem besides that third brake light problem, oil leaking and the alien sounds from the engine

528i Project (Long term?)

Hi all.

Just got myself a 528i Sept. 1996 model with single vanos. Tyre 18" Falken

Went to diagnostic and were quoted to restore the car back to good condition of around RM 11k. Major issues are

1. All engine and gear box mounting
2. Leaking air - to change air hose
3. Suspension issues- front bush and arms

The rest are just wear and tear parts. ie. door rubber seal, missing left fog lights, windscreen tank cap etc.. The list was around 20 items. I will post this later.

Currently when going around 160km/h, the car feels very light. Need to get the bush done real soon. But the engine still very good. Hopefully no major bomb after this. Any good place to have the car done?

Thanking in advance for passing the info...:top:

528W*W;344038 said:
Hi all.

Just got myself a 528i Sept. 1996 model with single vanos.
Went to diagnostic and were quoted to restore the car back to good condition of around RM 11k. Major issues are

1. All engine and gear box mounting
2. Leaking air - to change air hose
3. Suspension issues- front bush and arms

The rest are just wear and tear parts. ie. door rubber seal, missing left fog lights, windscreen tank cap etc.. The list was around 20 items. I will post this later.
Any good place to have the car done?
Thanking in advance for passing the info...:top:

bro,
Congratulations on your new ride! Well, from past experiences, you need to be cautious as the repair bill will creep up without you realising it.
You need a "honest & reasonable" mechanic/workshop as yours is a long lists$$$. I suggest you should buy some of the parts yourself.

You could try Vasu, BM Works, Taman Ind. Bolton, Batu Caves 03-61862006/016-3634975

Good luck

*sob* *sob*

this is the first repair bill for my 39' so i am not too sure if these prices are about right... anyways here it goes :

1) Engine oil 198 x 2 = 396
2) Oil filter = 53
3) Power steering oil = 39
4) Cooling pipe = 235
5) Hose = 118
6) Power steering hose = 145
7) 16-25 hose clip x 2 = 12
8) 16-20 hose clip = 6
9) O ring oil filter housing = 30
10) O ring x 2 = 10
11) 16-22 hose clip x 2 = 6
12) Oil filter housing = 700
13) Belt tensioner = 188
14) Micro filter x 2 = 170
15) Labour = 180
16) Service tax = 9
17) Wash and vacuum = complimentary

TOTAL = RM 2297

and apparently my car has to go for a little more work on the under carriage i.e lower arm, upper arm.
Planning to change the absorbers and new set of brakes next month..
anyone in the ttdi area or pj can recommend me a workshop that is reliable to carry out the above job without slaughtering me?

once you have done the suspension arms, you will feel the real E39 in its full handling glory.... set a budget and just do it. :)

Top Bottom