e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
affan66;328203 said:
You mean BMWorld? It is in Desa Pandan, next to the Caltex.
Do check the list of workshops thread. There are a number of good shops in many areas such as Kayu Ara, USJ, Segambut, Gombak/Batu Caves and so on.

Ok will do thanks again.

Jerman;328296 said:
longestdrive,
Thanks for sharing your joy & pain$$$..........BMW = Banyak Makan Wang!

This is a good forum to share with other E39 owners and as we could pick up contacts for cost savings on service & maintenance.

p/s: If you are in this part of town, you could try WP Auto in Pandan Indah (Albert Fang 012-2017792) or BM Works, Taman Industrial Bolton, Batu Caves (Vasu 03-61862006). Reliable & reasonable pricing!

Hey German,

Thanks for your input.:top: Will definitely pay these guys a visit. Did I say pay?:eek: Oh my God! :eek:

Reporting :-

1)Went to Dura Tech in Taman Mayang changed wiper refill rm63 per pair. Wow really clean wipe after that.
2)Then saw this shop M-Performance, quoted me
Power steering pressure hose - Rm795
Power steering Hose (Tank to pump) - Rm125
Power steering Hose (Tank to cooler) - Rm105
Power steering Filter - Rm85
Power steering Oil - Rm28
Labour - Rm100

Looks like quite expensive ah guys?

affan66;328507 said:
the pressure hose is the priciest one. You need to change all the hoses?

Did u change your pressure hose for rm400? What is it that u change? Jacked the car up and saw leakage from these hoses. Anyway, will troubleshoot one by one or just change all soon. Depends will ask for second opinion.

just changed 2 x 275/30/19 Hankook S1 Evo RM950 each...

i found out Hankook tyre width similar as Michelin,mean the width bigger than other brand,like my bro conti csc2 will not width than my Hankook brand even same size.

ps: chamber -2 plus toe in adviced by bro wc9922...i try to do it at -1.5 but hit my body...so re-adjust at -2.2...will -2.2 tyres makan cepat?? will many different between -2.0 to -2.2??

Ai yooo, why u qoute me....he he...

The actual specs for E39 6 cylinder alignment for sports suspension is:

Front toe-in: -0.3 deg
Front camber: -0.6 deg( this cannot be adjusted technically. but there's a way)

Rear toe-in: -0.25 deg
Rear camber: -2.16 deg

It's important you have some -ve toe on this car. Rear camber of 2.2 is only slightly more. but this can be compensated by toe adjustments. not enough rear camber, you car will not have stability on corners.

So wang, u already burn rubber on these tires ah?

i did not change the pressure hose. That's why it was RM400 inclusive of labour.

wc9922;328715 said:
Ai yooo, why u qoute me....he he...

The actual specs for E39 6 cylinder alignment for sports suspension is:

Front toe-in: -0.3 deg
Front camber: -0.6 deg( this cannot be adjusted technically. but there's a way)

Rear toe-in: -0.25 deg
Rear camber: -2.16 deg

It's important you have some -ve toe on this car. Rear camber of 2.2 is only slightly more. but this can be compensated by toe adjustments. not enough rear camber, you car will not have stability on corners.

So wang, u already burn rubber on these tires ah?

bro...i not burn the rubber yet,did u??...maybe need ur help...hehehe...
is burn the rubber or cut-off??

longestdrive;328023 said:
Electric Fan - Rm1480

According to my mechanic, electric fan is not suitable for e39 single vanos..:stupid: :stupid: True??

Electric Fan for the a/c system and second stage cooling system I think is needed.

longestdrive;328465 said:
Reporting :-

1)Went to Dura Tech in Taman Mayang changed wiper refill rm63 per pair. Wow really clean wipe after that.
2)Then saw this shop M-Performance, quoted me
Power steering pressure hose - Rm795
Power steering Hose (Tank to pump) - Rm125
Power steering Hose (Tank to cooler) - Rm105
Power steering Filter - Rm85
Power steering Oil - Rm28
Labour - Rm100

Looks like quite expensive ah guys?

bro,
Overall prices quoted are rather high. Go and get another quote.

p/s: I bought the Power steering reservoir/filter from Bavarian Auto for RM 60

bmw7833;328942 said:
According to my mechanic, electric fan is not suitable for e39 single vanos..:stupid: :stupid: True??

It's the fan that is just behind the front grill. Had experience with friend's earlier 97 single vanos, fan wasn't working but only changed the resistor. :eek:Bout rm200. changed then fan jalan. Mine is 98/03 523i. when check the chasis actually manufactured Sept 1999 so mine is with the double vanos, the fan is different and no resistor but must change whole fan according to Ah Meng lah.:stupid: That's y I changed it. :stupid: That's my experience lah, might be wrong.:cool:

Jerman;329144 said:
bro,
Overall prices quoted are rather high. Go and get another quote.

p/s: I bought the Power steering reservoir/filter from Bavarian Auto for RM 60

Went to Batu Caves Vasu, quoted me hose to and from reservoir. Rm170, Rm110 Labour Rm 30. Total - rm 310. ok ah? must check again.

longestdrive;329166 said:
Went to Batu Caves Vasu, quoted me hose to and from reservoir. Rm170, Rm110 Labour Rm 30. Total - rm 310. ok ah? must check again.

All for RM 310 appeared Ok. Cheaper than M-Performance, right?

ASC Unit - RM2.5k
coolant RM30

at First Division Batu Complex Ipoh Road. Look for Kem

There's a used unit of ABS/ASC unit in a potong kereta shop in Puchong. Anyone interested can PM me

Top Bottom