E39 - Manual Trans

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
paultantk;571101 said:
It seems all my "barang barang" are here save for one hose which is expected to arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

so bila are you converting to manual ?

The car has officially gone into the workshop on Friday afternoon for the conversion.

did you replace the oil seal at the gerbox flywheel end before fitting ? the clutch bearing also ?

pussy;573327 said:
did you replace the oil seal at the gerbox flywheel end before fitting ? the clutch bearing also ?

seal yes, clutch bearing no, just using all parts of the used clutch that i have first, later change all one shot.

paultantk,

Do you need to change anything brake related? As usually auto tranny handbrake is not really that "makan".

The multi-function steering cruise control buttons will be useless after the conversion?

My car had no cruise control, its a barebones 520i.

Yes, I'm having trouble with keeping the car stationary while parked, the handbrake has been adjusted many times and it still sucks, right now I just keep the car in either first gear or reverse gear while parked to stop it from rolling away.

The second hand clutch I put in doesn't seem to be able to take repeated abuse very well, this was the result after playing around with an R35 GT-R in a heavy traffic. But let it cool down and it returns pretty much to normal.

[video=youtube;nOv_Cdnl1LQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOv_Cdnl1LQ[/video]

The E39 is getting cheap enough now for not so deep pocketed but really enthusiast drivers to own it, so there's bound to be more manual conversions going around.

my previous e28,e34 and e30 were all manuals but i kinda like the e39's slushbox with the option for manual and sports mode selection....

I stick to auto :D Kaki sudah penat tekan manual while owning E34...or sudah tua :D

Manual not really practical for daily drive. Why I drive BMW is the feel of comfort with power available when needed.
So far I feel tiptronic is the best choice of comfort & some aggresive drive.

Top Bottom