E39 - Manual Trans

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi guys,
just curious la, anyone carried out this project successfully yet? Any E39's running manual here?

i know only E39 M5 with manual :D .... cannot just plug and play into a normal E39 w the ECU ka?? *scratch head*

sigh, so much to ponder..
i was thinking, since ive read of some converting the e36 M52 engine's to m/t, isn't it possible to do the same for the E39's? need some tech advice le..

deep3102;534568 said:
sigh, so much to ponder..
i was thinking, since ive read of some converting the e36 M52 engine's to m/t, isn't it possible to do the same for the E39's? need some tech advice le..

It is possible bro, I've heard some of em here talking about it. But it is a lengthy process which involves some vital information from an existing E39 manual (original) & then using that information to trick the ECU using the GT1 la, how I'm not too sure. Hope the elders see this & start to comment:)

Unless changing the ECU from a m/t E39 is an option. Thanks for the info bro climenta.

all got la... i heard a container with full five and six speed conversions for e36, e46 and e39's has reach KL... only downside is the price.. if you want it, pay for it.. RM15k with all conversion parts, even the ecu and wiring..

not from half cars, from full running cars in a yard..(UK)

everything to convert the auto into manual.. from all hoses, clips, brackets, slave pumps.. gear knob, shift lever,center bearing, longshaft, etc...

i calculated if new, Rm26k...even might not get some of the parts new..

still blur... okay, in the UK or Hong Kong or Japan... cars go to graveyards to be cut or scrape for metal, after they are traded in (some countries do not allow the cars to be on the road, hence to be scraped).. so before they are done, it's either sold as half cuts or salvage for parts..
In Malaysia is not possible as the law does not permit it..

so, this parts are complete and are from running cars..

now you clear ?? quite easy..

pussy;534638 said:
still blur... okay, in the UK or Hong Kong or Japan... cars go to graveyards to be cut or scrape for metal, after they are traded in (some countries do not allow the cars to be on the road, hence to be scraped).. so before they are done, it's either sold as half cuts or salvage for parts..
In Malaysia is not possible as the law does not permit it..

so, this parts are complete and are from running cars..

now you clear ?? quite easy..

macha, the specs i asked you to check for me got ah? apa harga ya?:)

Roger that bro..:) loud n clear now..
So i guess the conversion can be carried out lah..but suppose i opt for it, does it mean i have to get the whole thing, with the engine all? JPJ approve such conversions ka? and any set backs to my current drive that u know of bro?

No engine...just the transmission train only.. no engine la.. flywheel all got ,with the clutch pressure plates..i just spoke to the person..

climenta;534642 said:
macha, the specs i asked you to check for me got ah? apa harga ya?:)

addaaa... call me .. very good offer, better be quick..:burnout:

hehehe....what's so hard about a manual conversion? dun listen to stories, if u're really interested, go find out. ;)

Top Bottom