E39 - Manual Trans

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I've seen, sat, driven an E39 530 with manual conversion here. White man's car. He got the 530i with auto, found himself a complete manual tranny and boy....he got it done!

If you think the take off an auto 530i is WOW...just try to imagine what a sticky on a 530i can do :) :) :)

Everything was perfect after the conversion EXCEPT for 1 ltitle minor minute small issue.....the wood trimming surrounding the gear console is of different wood & colour in comparison to all the other wood trimmings in the cabin! (cause the manual tranny was taken out off an e39 with different wood trimmings). Like i said it's minute compared to what the tranny has to offer!

ermm..in thinking stages bro..like bro ramsing said..need to go find out, any shop to recommend?

deep3102;534942 said:
ermm..in thinking stages bro..like bro ramsing said..need to go find out, any shop to recommend?

Check out BMWorld Desa Tun Razak, he's done one.

deep3102;534942 said:

deep ....manual dancing on ya mind ka ... go for it ...you'll never regret it ...

I've just acquired a manual 5-speeder, clutch, flywheel, and a 3.15 rear diff to fit to my E39 520i Automatic. All from UK. The rest will try to get locally. Will post regular reports if got time.

x22471f94.jpg

Congrat Paul,

Once done ur E39 can sing like this :top: Who says E39 is not nimble

Oh ya next is the engine upgrade

[video=youtube;GF3LaV83Hnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3LaV83Hnk[/video]

paultantk;550985 said:
I've just acquired a manual 5-speeder, clutch, flywheel, and a 3.15 rear diff to fit to my E39 520i Automatic. All from UK. The rest will try to get locally. Will post regular reports if got time.

x22471f94.jpg

Dont be so humble Paul. I thought its not a 520i anymore now?

initialM;551080 said:
Congrat Paul,

Once done ur E39 can sing like this :top: Who says E39 is not nimble

Oh ya next is the engine upgrade

He's gone far more than that bro! :wink:

paultantk;550985 said:

x22471f94.jpg

You really mean biz don't you! :) :top:

loafer;551053 said:
I love UK :) Cheap and lotsa rare stuff there.

Did you get taxed paul?

yes, paid about RM1350 total in tax for the various items.

haywire;551122 said:
Dont be so humble Paul. I thought its not a 520i anymore now?

VIN number and registration card says 520i mah :p

paultantk;551259 said:
yes, paid about RM1350 total in tax for the various items.

VIN number and registration card says 520i mah :p

Still I think the RM1350 is worth it for a manual conversion on a E39. Have fun modding!

loafer;551280 said:
Still I think the RM1350 is worth it for a manual conversion on a E39. Have fun modding!

I suppose you do realise thats only for the tax, not the price of the item.

Top Bottom