e36 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
GoGoGo7488

You just did you just got your ride from a very very old OM here as well. If my CSI skill is right your ride is a 320 manual with many rare goodies :p. Please really treasure and don't let anyone con you into parting with those stuff.
those stuff are hard to come by now adays.

You used to drive a AE101 also :p

Come join our TT sessions like the one in MMZ

Cheers

p/s btw correction its crankshaft sensor. I was there that morning to assist hamid to understand that error. I told him then just change that sensor coz thats what it meant. If you can do change your camshaft sensor as well. as they are both normally changed at the same time. Camshaft is harder to detect error. but it will affect your consumption

dear slyder,

first of all, thanks for the advice.

yes, before I am a SEG owner same as u.. :rock:

for the camshaft sensor will check with K.Keong first. anyhow, thanks for the information. appreciate.

rgds

Had my E36 325i serviced by Naidu of Jalan Gasing, PJ last week.

Steering rack replaced with used one because it was making a screeching sound as steering wheel turns right. Pump gone, so had whole rack replaced.

rear brake discs was thinning so had those changed, with new pads. plus made a number of repairs and changed MF battery DIN66 (Naidu installed a Korean one called Eagle F1 or something like that,,i recalled only the name Eagle. any good?) Never heard of this one .... i could get an AAM-sourced MF battery for RM310.

It sounded like the propsshaft towards the rear was making whoo-whoo-whoo sound when car on the move, but joints seem to be okay and Naidu said rotate the tyres first to see if sound goes away. it didn't after doing the rotation at Lim Tayar (RM21).

a day later, noticed the hydraulic struts holding up the bonnet were busted so had them changed for RM86 (RM46 each side). Called up stockists Bomin Auto, Bavarian Auto and Suan Huat before that.

Cheapest was still Bomin Auto (Segambut, KL, tel: 03-62513613) at RM40 each, Bav Auto wanted RM46 and Suan Huat wanted RM70++, claiming the strut was original.....i may be wrong but first impressions tell me suan huat is a cut-throat stockist.

Naidu's is a popular place among BMW car owners, so be prepared to leave your car there for several days if its more than just an oil change, Mine is considered a major repair and took 9 days for me to get back my car.

All in bill: RM2140 for May 2014 service. see prices attached.

Attachments

• 83c78c7a43a372f1317d6a27dd3eed56.jpeg
    83c78c7a43a372f1317d6a27dd3eed56.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 17
Front Brake Pads (Textar) 235
Brake sensor 48
Front Absorber (Boge) 495x2 990
Absorber Dust Cover (front) 76
Absorber Bush (Front) 116
Front Absorber link 310
Front Absorber Mounting 396
Steering Dust cover (Lemforder) 196
Labour 180
Wheel balancing 32
Wheel alignment 50
Adjust camber (rear/left & right) 90

Total bill RM2,719.00 :)

hi all E36 lover here ,

i send my E36 325i (1998) to garrage and the technician said all my "bush bush" gone already . and he told me it is cost few thousand to replace everything .
He suggested me that i can buy all the bushes myself and pay him labour only.

May you all let me know where to get all those bushes in a cheaper way.

Extra item :
Rear brake disc cost ?
thermostats cost ?

how much is the original suspension / half cut / ? Cheap but reliable .
i am using now TEIN High low suspension and it seems kaput now , can overhaul but hardly find reputable shops.
previously install tein but nowadays road condition in malaysia cannot pakai :( .. fuck the government .

Regards,
ML

munloong88 ....for the bushes it would cost you around 3K complete ..which is for the fronts and the rears including subframe bushes ..

rear brake disc and pads would set you around ( brembo's and textar pads ..around 400 ...and ATE powerdisc and pads ,,you got to pay extra ...and also depends if you're running on a ventilated set up.

Thermostat : Rm 50 ~70 only ...and the housing if you can find an aluminium type ...then would be good ..

Tien hi low ..can be serviced and do expect to pay around rm150 per strut ...look around FB and google aroud and you'll find a good service provider.

hope this slight info helped

munloong88 said:
hi all E36 lover here ,

i send my E36 325i (1998) to garrage and the technician said all my "bush bush" gone already . and he told me it is cost few thousand to replace everything .
He suggested me that i can buy all the bushes myself and pay him labour only.

May you all let me know where to get all those bushes in a cheaper way.

Extra item :
Rear brake disc cost ?
thermostats cost ?

how much is the original suspension / half cut / ? Cheap but reliable .
i am using now TEIN High low suspension and it seems kaput now , can overhaul but hardly find reputable shops.
previously install tein but nowadays road condition in malaysia cannot pakai :( .. fuck the government .

Regards,
ML

Thanks Alot Bro ...
OK now bushes solution got edi , now looking for shop only. Went to magnetise automotive wait to overhaul my Tein suspension , but end up realize my suspension was gas refilled . :( he is not able to fix it for me .

Puchong there got one which grass root racers goes to. ah wong puchong. he does suspension rebuild

ad269853699e5cfdba392257058029ec.jpg

Brake pad replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi..i have 328i 1997. When the car start movimoving, there are some knocking sound under the car. It is comes from long shaft. When speeding, more knocking soubd and become faster. Is it because of long shaft or AC?

Farboo3281 said:
Hi..i have 328i 1997. When the car start movimoving, there are some knocking sound under the car. It is comes from long shaft. When speeding, more knocking soubd and become faster. Is it because of long shaft or AC?
Try checking your undercarriage bushings especially the longshaft bushings and such.

Guys, where is the best shop to change e36 front windscreen. Got a tiny crack and am looking at close to original quality and workmanship. By the way, will be claiming my insurance

Russie said:
Guys, where is the best shop to change e36 front windscreen. Got a tiny crack and am looking at close to original quality and workmanship. By the way, will be claiming my insurance
where are u located in bro.. if penang i know where to guide you..

Top Bottom