Never Ending Story (Nightmare?)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Oops my bad, i meant right side when facing the car ..... yikes water heater hose then .... sigh

inspection here i come .....

btw, the BMWorld foreman, really does know his stuff, he test drove the car first and confirmed the suspension was bad
then he jacked up the car off the ground so he could check in the tyre wells
then when he did an inspection for me on the suspension, he pointed out each and every part that had failed and showed them to me and also told me the names of each part so i could get the parts myself ....
then he jacked the car really high up to check the lower arms etc and thats also how he discovered that the engine was leaking oil as well as water etc
he showed me the engine leaks and told me what parts i would need to get to fix those leaks
he also tested the brakes while he was at it and found the handbrake unbalanced

BMWorld's labour charges are high but honestly they are pretty thorough and seem to know their stuff

after having experienced the other workshops who do the job well enough but aren't bothered to check on the car properly ...... i think i'd rather be paying abit more for a better, more thorough job

also the money i save by buying my own parts more than makes up for the inspection charges

Here is the clearer pic view from the front right.
waterheaterhose.jpg

Here is the total hose for the water & cooling system. In Malaysia, there is seldom need for heater for the aircon so it is quite normal to bypass the heater solenoid and save a few hose. I have done that to my E36 after the heater solenoid failed.
completehose.jpg

Hmmm, RM400 is about how much I spend on 20K km svc for my Dugong. Next is the 40K km svc. Now estimated at RM1.6k including gearbox flush and aircon service. And oh, got issues with the gearbox already. Gulp. Doesn't sound cheap at all. Oh, using the Svc Centre because of the warranty. After the warranty expires, going back to my backyard mech - ME!

My ex-E34, of course spent a bomb doing her up after purchasing her. She spent 3 weeks in the workshop, having to overhaul the suspension, change ALL hoses, etc. But thereafter, it was rather painless (as compared to my ex-E36 which had different issues every month).

sachseelan;412746 said:
honda cheap???

i spent rm400 for a regular 20K km service at Honda SC... for a god damn honda jazz which has an engine size of a motorbike, hehe... huh and when i went thru their chart, 40K km service is gonna cost me at least 1K including belt change... mati oh...

Most members go to BMWorld in Tun Razak ..... i tried the BMWorld in Desa Pandan (#7, Jalan 1/76,Desa Pandan, 92859477)

Just go to desa pandan and head towards the shoplots, there is a caltex station at the traffic light and BMWorld is just near it .... i think the sign is black in colour .... you cannot miss it ..... the foreman is Afandi

Jarance, my M43 engine has 9 radiator/cooling hoses plus a few more plastic connectors/pipes ... a survey revealed that the cost to replace them all (parts price) is under RM500.
since i don't see 9 on the car and i see some pipes that have been capped .... it must mean that you are correct and not all are being used ..... that's why i need to get an inspection to see what are the correct hoses to buy ...

i find it easier on my wallet, to collect/buy the parts first and then to get them fitted later .... that way i don't suffer from a heart attack when i am presented with the workshop bill .....

Found out what hose has the wire wrapped around it .... sigh

It's the brake vaccum hoses .... ouch RM120/- per metre ..... sigh

Top Bottom