[DIY] Angel eyes installation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aidil, where did you buy this snap lock connector (splicer) and for how much?

splicer.jpg

Jarance, I didn't buy those. They came with the angel eyes for the two triggers.

fastm.com pictures
angeleyes31.jpg

angeleyes32.jpg

angeleyes33.jpg

Aidil did came over to my place and help me out to put on the smd angel eyes that i bought from jarance..it was a great help dude...nicely done...

thanks bro..

McFir7;568203 said:
Aidil did came over to my place and help me out to put on the smd angel eyes that i bought from jarance..it was a great help dude...nicely done...

thanks bro..

aidil is another DIY sifu in the house.. you are in good hand. :top:

McFir7 it's no big deal bro, I have your pair of eyes for e46 with me.

Jarance, not so much of a sifu like you... :eek:

aidilj;569062 said:
McFir7 it's no big deal bro, I have your pair of eyes for e46 with me.

Jarance, not so much of a sifu like you... :eek:

that will be my next project bro,the e46 angel hahaha..my mum is so jealous of my angel eyes now:top::top::top:..

After the installation made (last sunday) and use in these few day, I noted there are times, at least 3 units of LED not really lighted up , both side. There are times where all lighted up well......

Guess just have to live with it....
BTW do you guys know where to can get angle eye with yellow color...just like original bulb light color. It can blend well also with original light buib.

Thanks

SBB;570520 said:
After the installation made (last sunday) and use in these few day, I noted there are times, at least 3 units of LED not really lighted up , both side. There are times where all lighted up well......

Guess just have to live with it....
BTW do you guys know where to can get angle eye with yellow color...just like original bulb light color. It can blend well also with original light buib.

Thanks

Hi SSB, sorry to hear that

You can get the yellow/amber from here http://umnitza.com/umnitza-orion-lite-generic-angel-eyes-p-5686.html

I have a LED angel eye ring that also have 3 leds failed. Will do some surgery this weekend to see the cause of the failure.

jarance;570565 said:
I have a LED angel eye ring that also have 3 leds failed. Will do some surgery this weekend to see the cause of the failure.

I noticed that the leds inside the rings are assembled on two different boards, so failure is probably at the boundary of these boards. Do update us on the result :top:

Will wait for your surgery result bro, since mine too 2 leds failed after installation. Thnks

Tx Aidlij....but I an thinking of getting it loccally.....terus pasang...

SBB;570622 said:
Tx Aidlij....but I an thinking of getting it loccally.....terus pasang...

Wah SBB/uncle now sounds keen to do DIY already. I like this! :top:

aidilj;570655 said:
Wah SBB/uncle now sounds keen to do DIY already. I like this! :top:

oh no, I think I created a monster in DIY..

SBB, have you consider using colour filter paper since LED do not generate much heat. :listen:

Meaning, paste the filter paper on the LED which did not light up? Cannot imagine how it look like.
My other options is to change to amber just like the E90. Itu LED juga ka?

SBB;570744 said:
Meaning, paste the filter paper on the LED which did not light up? Cannot imagine how it look like.
My other options is to change to amber just like the E90. Itu LED juga ka?

bro, i thought you want to make angel eye look yellow? or you want to repair.

If you want to repair, dont! better get it replace while still got warranty lar.

my repair is just for knowledge lar.

Oh I see, ok put it this way, if got warranty then change new one la. Seconded to Alex...got warranty ha?
I'll wait for the result...and hold to chang it to amber.

Thanks Jarance

sbb and alex.. will PM the contact number of person who supply the rings.

Pls claim warranty directly from him. sorry I cannot handle the warranty issue.

aidil, sorry to disturb your thread.

Top Bottom