[DIY] Angel eyes installation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Lionel, SMD LED lah. My previous CCFL inverter sudah koyak due to the heat of the xenon light.

My E36 CCFL inverter also koyak after only 6 months usage. sob.. sob..

I am happy with the SMD LED cos now dont have issue with inverter.

jarance;553841 said:
Lionel, SMD LED lah. My previous CCFL inverter sudah koyak due to the heat of the xenon light.

My E36 CCFL inverter also koyak after only 6 months usage. sob.. sob..

I am happy with the SMD LED cos now dont have issue with inverter.

Tat d problem with ccfl ......mainly the inverter issue .......

87274207.jpg

85780398.jpg

13364485.jpg

Lionel_Koh;553837 said:
its ccfl or LED?????

boleh confirm the ring is ccfl or LED ???? CCFL kena connect to ballast/inverter(a small thing like a kotak ) and LED just direct sambung .........

i punye ade ballast.. CCFL la kot.. tak tau sgt jenis2 lampu ni..

jarance;553582 said:
The ring eyes is RM80 for 4 pieces? I noticed they are SMD LED type. Very cheap..

Give me the name of the shop also and PM the contact.

ps..sst.. very complicate the wiring. I just taped from the pilot light of the high beam. :listen:

Bro/Master Jarance, question on your wiring. What is a pilot light of the high beam? Is it by any means the parking lights? Because I noticed in the picture your parking lights are ON. If it's not, will the pilot light be powered whenever the car is running?

Thanks

aidilj;554222 said:
Bro/Master Jarance, question on your wiring. What is a pilot light of the high beam? Is it by any means the parking lights? Because I noticed in the picture your parking lights are ON. If it's not, will the pilot light be powered whenever the car is running?

Thanks

yes, the pilot light can be called the parking light as well. when you toggle the signal stick a bit more down, the light will come on when the engine is shutdown. So in my case, the angle eye will also come on but will follow the "parking" light.

when my car is running, the angel eye will not turn on. If I want it to be ON, I just turn the light switch to position "1" instead of "2". It will also stay ON at position "2"

In your case, you have done extra wiring to "ON" the angel eye whenever the car engine is running or when the key is turn to the ignition position.

The power consumption for SMD LED is low and does not drain your battery when keep on for long duration.

jarance;554227 said:
yes, the pilot light can be called the parking light as well. when you toggle the signal stick a bit more down, the light will come on when the engine is shutdown. So in my case, the angle eye will also come on but will follow the "parking" light.

when my car is running, the angel eye will not turn on. If I want it to be ON, I just turn the light switch to position "1" instead of "2". It will also stay ON at position "2"

In your case, you have done extra wiring to "ON" the angel eye whenever the car engine is running or when the key is turn to the ignition position.

The power consumption for SMD LED is low and does not drain your battery when keep on for long duration.

Many thanks for the reply.

I didn't know about the pulling the turn signal lever to activate the pilot/parking lights. I only tested the "follow me home lights". Honestly I'm amused by the complexity built-in into these machines.

Cheers

aidilj;554240 said:
Many thanks for the reply.

I didn't know about the pulling the turn signal lever to activate the pilot/parking lights. I only tested the "follow me home lights". Honestly I'm amused by the complexity built-in into these machines.

Cheers

try it at night when you are parking at the side of the road and your car backside is sticking a bit out. It is a useful feature. :top:

problem is everybody will be calling you to tell you that forgot to off your light. :motz:

i got my ccfl from exoticmods.. the ballast gone twice. since warranty period end already.. any idea i can buy just the ballast?

what could be the cheapest SMD LED for E36 (including upah pasang)? My CCFL angel eye koyak already...

jarance;553582 said:
The ring eyes is RM80 for 4 pieces? I noticed they are SMD LED type. Very cheap..

Give me the name of the shop also and PM the contact.

ps..sst.. very complicate the wiring. I just taped from the pilot light of the high beam. :listen:
Very interesting Bro. The LED rings lights-what's the power consumption ? Fr various post look like the older CCFL dont last v long. CAn someone enlighten on shops which can fix this n cost? A fren on mine mention Pandan area... TQ

Very - very nice.... I've been thinking about this..

Where to buy the Ring Eyes RM80... I think i can do myself.. it seem easy bro.. TQVM for sharing!

Me too, need to know where to get the LED angel eyes.
My CCFL has gotten on me a couple of times. Now only my right side has angel eyes.. :(

Cheers,

For those who interested wit d led angel marker for e36 and e46,pls call me 0122207630 ....I got few more sets left....

Off cause price is not rm80....tat price only enuf to buy 1 inverter for d ccfl....

Tq

Lionel_Koh;556377 said:
For those who interested wit d led angel marker for e36 and e46,pls call me 0122207630 ....I got few more sets left....

Off cause price is not rm80....tat price only enuf to buy 1 inverter for d ccfl....

Tq

bro,

how much for e46? is it include installation?
or do you sell inverter for ccfl?

Hi Jarance, yes I'm planning to come to the DIY session and Oct 3rd sounds fine for me. I'll try to make it. This is another good reason to have a nice drive down to KL. :dancing2:

Remote trigger wiring

The wiring harness has another trigger which was not connected last time. It is meant to be connected to the footwell light so the angel eyes will light up along with the cabin. Since the cabin light fades out, so will the angel eyes.

The unused trigger last time
IMG_0952.jpg

Found a rubber seal at the firewall, punch through it and fish the trigger wire into cabin
IMG_1338.jpg

Closeup
IMG_1335_G.jpg

Displace plastic cover below steering to access wiring

Trigger through firewall
IMG_1340.jpg

Footwell light socket
IMG_1341.jpg

Positive wire spliced
IMG_1342.jpg

Connect trigger wire
IMG_1343.jpg

Now you have remotely operated angel eyes.

Cheers
Aidil

Top Bottom