Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Here are the things that BMW promised to fix foon my car after I have sent my car for an inspection. All parts will be ordered from BMW AG and not sourced locally. No point using the locally sourced parts as I am afraid similar problem will arise again.

1. Alignment on the dashboard panel:
- black panel will be replaced once the parts have arrived from BMW AG.

2. Knocking sound:
- engine mounting and steering bracket will be replaced once parts have arrived from BMW AG.

3. Rusty metal on the front passengers seats:
- Seats will not be replaced but rust treatment will be done and the leather will be refixed on the seats.

4. BMW badge:
- It will be replaced.

5. Scrathes on Wingard tinting:
- Tinting is still under warranty and it will be replaced.

6. Black residual on tail pipe:
- Per technician, new car will have this. It could be due to the breaking in period and the 95 petrol used on the car. Previously, I have been using Shell 95 and I see alot of residual. After switching to Caltex and BHP, the problem has gone away. But will keep you all posted if I see any problem with the petrol from Caltex and BHP. So far so good.

7. Jerky ride:
- Technician will check whether flushing needs to be carried out when I send my car to fix the above.

So far so good on the after sales service. I am getting the best treatment from the senior technician and the full attention from the sales and aftersales team. My complaints have been forwarded to BMW AG. I was told that there might be a possibility that a few German technicians will be visiting Malaysia before year end to resolve any problem with the F30 model or to hear our complaints. Finger-crossed and I hope this will happen.

Hi ljsaw,

I just collected my car and I have the same problem as per no 3. They (dealer) supposedly contacted BMW Malaysia, and now they (dealer) told me that new parts on the rusted metals has been ordered from overseas and will come in 6-8 weeks. They wont change the seats, but will replace the rusted metal as opposed to yours ( rust treatment)

Thanks Donovan, I will double check with aftersales team.
Hope the frames are replaced. The rain we are getting in KL is making the matter worse.

Just to share notes, I checked the hinges of the driver and passenger seats of my F30 320i (3 weeks old now) and there is absolutely no rust. Just clean black coating.

Also, my headlamps do not have water condensation issues.

My dashboard also has no gaps and no wires exposed or visible.

Car is quiet, and no wind sounds as well (but have yet to go faster than 120kmh yet).

I do find that the car rims will have some black soot, which I believe is normal from the brake pads. Is this normal for all of you as well?

whw;779388 said:
Just to share notes, I checked the hinges of the driver and passenger seats of my F30 320i (3 weeks old now) and there is absolutely no rust. Just clean black coating.

Car is quiet, and no wind sounds as well (but have yet to go faster than 120kmh yet).

I do find that the car rims will have some black soot, which I believe is normal from the brake pads. Is this normal for all of you as well?

Congratz to u for having delivered a "Properly" assembled BMW F30, AND thats hw ""ALL"" Bmw's should be delivered to customers...98% defects free!!nothing is perfect so can't do 100%!!all the best to u,n the wind noise can be heard above 130-150kph,some cars even at 120kph!!try it out!post bk asap with results!!all the best!

whw;779388 said:

nice! btw what model and trim? where u get this perfect car from? lol~

when did u get the car? u meantioned that black color coated? i worry if u got the most recent batches after we all reported, local assemble line did the caoting locally/..

ljsaw;779357 said:
So far so good on the after sales service. I am getting the best treatment from the senior technician and the full attention from the sales and aftersales team. My complaints have been forwarded to BMW AG. I was told that there might be a possibility that a few German technicians will be visiting Malaysia before year end to resolve any problem with the F30 model or to hear our complaints. Finger-crossed and I hope this will happen.

Do you know when exactly the German technician will be arriving? Wonder whether there will be any avenue whereby we can attend to share our personal feedback directly to them.

c-square;779398 said:
Do you know when exactly the German technician will be arriving? Wonder whether there will be any avenue whereby we can attend to share our personal feedback directly to them.

That's to be confirmed and hopefully will be announced. Will keep you all posted once I hear anything.

Hi guys, just receive a call from Authorised Dealer.
Regarding the replacement part for the seat rusty side, they need two days to change it. So im have to leave my F30 there overnight, which i don wish to.
Do anyone of u guys have experience of this?

Momoco, I also received call. Thing is they told me they only doing treatment for the rusted parts not replacing. I told them, I will not resr the matter until they change entire seat for me.

They will provide courtesy car for 2 to 3 days though

jan999;779425 said:
Momoco, I also received call. Thing is they told me they only doing treatment for the rusted parts not replacing. I told them, I will not resr the matter until they change entire seat for me.

you MUST and SHOULD insist on a brand NEW car seat!! there should be zero tolerance for this type of issues.

jan999;779425 said:

What they told me is replacing the seat frame, not the entire seat. I just feel uncomfortable by overnight my F30 there.
Btw, do u receive the call just by today?

Yes, this afternoon.

I called hq for ms chandra after AB johor didnt provide good answer yesterday.

I see, i hope they not really wan my F30 overnight there.
So what u gonna do? After u request for new seat, do they agree with that?

I bought my car from Ingress. It's a Sports version, 320i. White colour, coral red seats. Actually, it's quite hard for me to push the corner of the leather seat back to actually view the hinges. I had to use a flashlight to get a better view. It looks black coated, and when I touch it with my hands it feels nice, smooth and clean. I also ran my hand along the edges of the seat and it's also coated properly.

On another note, do you guys find the automatic intermittent wiper a bother? I prefer old school technology where you can adjust the speed of the intermittent wiper youself. With this auto wiper, even when on highest sensitivity I still have to regularly push the wiper lever down to give the windscreen a wipe because the auto wiper does not turn on when the screen is dotted with rain drops. Anybody else has this pet peeve as well?

lol dude, the seat problem only comes with 1st batch of F30, not including 320i. The condition ur 320i having is suppose every F30 to be.
About the auto wipers gives me convenience and i enjoy it. But these few days keep raining, and notice it doesn't wipe fluently, perhaps the widescreen need some "polish".
U can wipe it manual but pulling it instead of pushing it, hope its help.

whw;779388 said:

for rims with black soot. yeah, i encountered as you. when i washed my car together with rims i saw after 3-4days black soot appeared back at my rims. izzit normal?

I also have problem with black soot appearing at the tail pipe. I will try to change to bhp petrol and see if the problem persist. Currently using shell. Also, wiper is not working properly anymore..sigh

Top Bottom