Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
man..last night i found out another prob..my headlight only gives hibeam..fark!!im sending my car to AB glenmarie next monday..

natalie;779532 said:
I also have problem with black soot appearing at the tail pipe. I will try to change to bhp petrol and see if the problem persist. Currently using shell. Also, wiper is not working properly anymore..sigh

Dont think it has anything to do with brand of fuel. Normal for turbo charged cars to have black soot especially after WOT

I have a problem with my wiper now. The auto wiper button just keeps wiping regardless and it doesn't stop even though not raining. And when I click the wiper down once it moves and stops half way when I let go. Its really annoying, i need to follow the rythmn to take my hands off once the wiper finishes one turn.

Anyone have similar probe?

logicdy;779575 said:
I have a problem with my wiper now. The auto wiper button just keeps wiping regardless and it doesn't stop even though not raining. And when I click the wiper down once it moves and stops half way when I let go. Its really annoying, i need to follow the rythmn to take my hands off once the wiper finishes one turn.

Sounds like problem with the electronics best to get it checked at sc

logicdy, yes i have exactly the same problem with the wiper..they will order and replace the electronic set but it will take some time for the parts to arrive, a real hassle indeed

Tried BHP petrol (Ron95) for the last two fill ups and I am extremely satisfied with the results. I don't get any residual on the tail pipe (clean as new), I get more power and additional 20 to 30km mileage. Also, the engine/ car doesn't feel sluggish anymore. I must say that it is much better than Shell Ron95.

I will try Petronas and Caltex next. Will keep everyone posted.

Fresh problem that I've discovered during the recent downpour in KL, a leaky front windscreen. Headlamps on my car is loose and shaky when driving on uneven roads. Sigh. Reported to BMW AB Sg. Besi, pending a response.

Not sure whether I am too fussy or the car that I've bought is a piece of crap.

Giving up on the car now and starting to drive my wife's C250 instead.

logicdy;779575 said:

The control unit needs to be replaced, it is a common issue with the F30, gotta wait 2 weeks for the parts to arrive, and 2 days for programming. It seems they can update all the programs for the car at the same time, this includes the gearbox program. Just got mine back this morning, wipers are working but have yet to see if the gearbox has improved.

lately, there has been a lot of rain. i drove through some standing water and the car was stable (i did slow down when i see puddles of water)

i noticed the next day, when i start up the car, the brakes have some odd sounds to it.

anyone noticed it? it like the brake pads were slightly juddering.

jennypenny;779897 said:
lately, there has been a lot of rain. i drove through some standing water and the car was stable (i did slow down when i see puddles of water)

i noticed the next day, when i start up the car, the brakes have some odd sounds to it.

anyone noticed it? it like the brake pads were slightly juddering.

I had the exact same problem yesterday as well after driving through puddles of water

I also just noticed that the seat rails were rusty :motz:

SA says to bring in the car anytime to get them fixed.

Ironically i noticed it only on the way back from AB when i wanted to get some accessories for the car which weren't in stock.

willy5;779886 said:
The control unit needs to be replaced, it is a common issue with the F30, gotta wait 2 weeks for the parts to arrive, and 2 days for programming. It seems they can update all the programs for the car at the same time, this includes the gearbox program. Just got mine back this morning, wipers are working but have yet to see if the gearbox has improved.

what kinda gearbox problem do you have? yes i've sent my car in today and they have verified that i need to change the wiper system and will only be available in 3weeks time.

on a side note, has anyone solve the seats open hinges? i read some of you got black coated and it looks and feel fine? do you think i need to complain that mine is bare and gold in colour? any feedback peeps?

logicdy;780067 said:
on a side note, has anyone solve the seats open hinges? i read some of you got black coated and it looks and feel fine? do you think i need to complain that mine is bare and gold in colour? any feedback peeps?

mine is bare as well and rust in colour :burnout: i'd think black coated is best though

customer.service@bmw.com

here's the email to HQ customer service team (BMW AG) if you want to send out your complaints. I have done my part and didn't expect to get a reply, however, I just got a response from the CS team today and my case has been assessed by the relevant department. Also, I was told that my email will be passed on to other members of the BMW Group, including the national BMW AG subsidiary.

I hope we get some sort of compensation. :) No harm trying and asking.

ljsaw;780238 said:
customer.service@bmw.com

here's the email to HQ customer service team (BMW AG) if you want to send out your complaints. I have done my part and didn't expect to get a reply, however, I just got a response from the CS team today and my case has been assessed by the relevant department. Also, I was told that my email will be passed on to other members of the BMW Group, including the national BMW AG subsidiary

Great! I'll write in too regarding the suspension noise and wind noise and jerky gearbox

I have error pop out in my 1month old 328i I drive screen.. Full drivetrain output not available-drive moderately.. This error message is twice in my car.. went drive in sport mode if I overtake car and suddenly press more harder in my fuel paddler and this error massage is show.. The engine is auto cut down my car speed and start to jerk and vibrate all the way until I stop my car at the side and restart my engine the error massage is gone and back to normal..this issue is twice in my car d.. Very sad about this happen in my new car:(

Gordonccs;780262 said:
I have error pop out in my 1month old 328i I drive screen.. Full drivetrain output not available-drive moderately.. This error message is twice in my car.. went drive in sport mode if I overtake car and suddenly press more harder in my fuel paddler and this error massage is show.. The engine is auto cut down my car speed and start to jerk and vibrate all the way until I stop my car at the side and restart my engine the error massage is gone and back to normal..this issue is twice in my car d.. Very sad about this happen in my new car:(
I encountered this message before, it was due to the turbo hose galau. Should blame my heavy right foot though. Maybe you can check on your air intake manifold. Good luck!

Reading all your problems really start making my liking for the F30 die down... I think it looks great... But... if gonna have driving issues... That's gonna be annoying... Waste time and $$$ to get things fixed. What happened to BMW's "Ultimate Driving Machine" / "Sheer Driving Pleasure" and the Joy of owning one....

there used to be one kinda hot lady at the service reception counter..now i think she resign d..so it used to be a joy to owned a problematic BMW..i guess they really need to place an eye candy at the service reception counter tho..

ljsaw;780238 said:
customer.service@bmw.com

here's the email to HQ customer service team (BMW AG) if you want to send out your complaints. I have done my part and didn't expect to get a reply, however, I just got a response from the CS team today and my case has been assessed by the relevant department. Also, I was told that my email will be passed on to other members of the BMW Group, including the national BMW AG subsidiary.

Just got an unexpected call from BMW Malaysia HQ. My little voice has been heard. I am glad that the email escalated pretty fast and actions will be taken in the next couple of days.

Per the advisor, BMW Malaysia has acknowledged all the problems including the leaky windscreen and seats. All defects will be assessed and replaced if required. An acknoledgement letter will be sent out by BMW Malaysia to me and this time I get to play god whenever I visit the service center. haha.

Top Bottom