Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
honey282;805821 said:
it just don't seem to justify a faulty steering rack by just depending on hearing the sound. shouldn't there be a better way to diagnose the faulty parts?

i believe there is already an acknowledgement by bmw that there is a design flaw on the steering rack

achtung;805855 said:
i believe there is already an acknowledgement by bmw that there is a design flaw on the steering rack

If it's a design flaw, then BMW Malaysia should just replace all our steering rack. It's just a responsible thing to do isn't it?

splee;805860 said:
If it's a design flaw, then BMW Malaysia should just replace all our steering rack. It's just a responsible thing to do isn't it?

Yes, so how come we need to bring the SA or Technician for rides over and over to catch the noise? it just doesn't sound right. Anybody got their issue resolved without the need for that ride?

splee;805657 said:
How to fix, it's inherent in the design.

Splee,
From this thread number 124, posted by F30.
"p/s:wind noise fixed already"

seems that F30 has his wind problem fixed...

honey282;805976 said:
Yes, so how come we need to bring the SA or Technician for rides over and over to catch the noise? it just doesn't sound right. Anybody got their issue resolved without the need for that ride?

it doesn't happen to all the F30.. so its up to u i guess.

like i said a design problem which doesn't pose a threat while driving.
for me ... it bothers to drive with that knocking sound that i did all i can to change it.. now i'm happy

if u wanna wait for a recall( which i think won't happen) , it is up to u so .. so suit yourself i guess.

cheers

skyblind;805388 said:
My 5 months old f30 was unable to start yesterday night. Started calling BMW voice 10pm but nobody answered. This morning also the same, 8:30am started calling BMW voice.. Now.. Still calling... :top:

Just to update.. my problem was fixed.. it was the alternator connection problem and caused the alternator failed to charge and also alternator working excessively caused the burnt smell (due to battery not charge alternator work OT lah).. everything is alright now.. :rolleyes:

skyblind;806130 said:
Just to update.. my problem was fixed.. it was the alternator connection problem and caused the alternator failed to charge and also alternator working excessively caused the burnt smell (due to battery not charge alternator work OT lah).. everything is alright now.. :rolleyes:

Bro what caused the alternator connection problem?

anyone got creaking sound from the steering when u make turns at 20kmh? not sure if its the tyres

lazzydogg;806921 said:
anyone got creaking sound from the steering when u make turns at 20kmh? not sure if its the tyres

I got something like this, but it isn't creaking. Sounds more like something mechanical, and it is rather faint! Perks of an electronic steering?

-HypoGXII

HypoGXII;806942 said:
I got something like this, but it isn't creaking. Sounds more like something mechanical, and it is rather faint! Perks of an electronic steering?

-HypoGXII
ya.... its rather faint.... i also feel like fainting.... feels like a proton now.... :p
just hope its not another defect....

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask if any of u experiencing a faint "tak" "tak" sound coming from the rear (R/L side) when going over big smooth bump obliquely ?? Plus the road noise from front isnt gr8 for me and i can literally feel the road vibration on my steering but still bearable. The only unbearable sound is the tak tak sound from the back. I was expecting a perfect soundless conti car :) However sent it back to SC Setia Alam today and am very satisfied with their service today. However hope I will still be satisfied with the results when I collect back my car; Fingers crossed

DR78;807085 said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask if any of u experiencing a faint "tak" "tak" sound coming from the rear (R/L side) when going over big smooth bump obliquely ?? Plus the road noise from front isnt gr8 for me and i can literally feel the road vibration on my steering but still bearable. The only unbearable sound is the tak tak sound from the back. I was expecting a perfect soundless conti car :) However sent it back to SC Setia Alam today and am very satisfied with their service today. However hope I will still be satisfied with the results when I collect back my car; Fingers crossed

Bro, i noticed the clattering sound from the rear last night.
My wife was in the back seat and told me to which i turn off the radio.
The sound was something like a motorbike behind me with a slightly loud exchaust.

Not sure if it is similar but i have noticed that my 320i engine sound is rather loud from the outside.

achtung;805819 said:
thats right...mine was intermittent too... sent the car in twice , no joy for the fix.
the third time took the service guy for a test drive looking for all the uneven roads ( luckily a lot near penchala) .
thats when i got it diagnosed ...
hope this helps

Dear All,

Has anyone been able to get this fixed? My SC keeps saying to wait for BMW to release an updated part. I drove up to Camerons recently, lots of corners and ruts in the road. The knocking was bl**dy irritating to say the least. It was knocking away at every corner.

willy5;807406 said:
Dear All,

Has anyone been able to get this fixed? My SC keeps saying to wait for BMW to release an updated part. I drove up to Camerons recently, lots of corners and ruts in the road. The knocking was bl**dy irritating to say the least. It was knocking away at every corner.
I got mine fixed today in AB KL. After that, no more noise from steering. Perfect condition.

ongss;807830 said:
I got mine fixed today in AB KL. After that, no more noise from steering. Perfect condition.

Thanks Bro.

Can you tell me what was replaced?

bush;806041 said:
Splee,
From this thread number 124, posted by F30.
"p/s:wind noise fixed already"

seems that F30 has his wind problem fixed...

wind noise that was fixed was for rear window bad seal

front driver and passenger side wind noise at high speed seem permanent feature......:banghead:

Top Bottom