Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
willy5;807854 said:
Thanks Bro.

Can you tell me what was replaced?
Sorry, I didn't ask the name for the part exactly. Was told a part inside the steering wheel was changed and a re-programming was needed. After that, the knocking sound disappeared.

When I first complained to SA about the noise from the steering wheel, he immediately told me this is a global problem. After waiting for about 4 - 5 weeks, the part arrived last week. My wife drove the car today and she also agreed the noise is gone now.

ongss;807981 said:
Sorry, I didn't ask the name for the part exactly. Was told a part inside the steering wheel was changed and a re-programming was needed. After that, the knocking sound disappeared.

When I first complained to SA about the noise from the steering wheel, he immediately told me this is a global problem. After waiting for about 4 - 5 weeks, the part arrived last week. My wife drove the car today and she also agreed the noise is gone now.

Hi ONGSS, Thanks, I went to Quill today but they said have no notification from BMW on the fix and I told him that AB already solved the problem. He asked if I could get more details on what was changed. It is hopeless the way BMW goes around sorting out their problems.

Can you help, please? Thanks very much.

Normally part replaced, u can check with their record. They print out for from
service record. Just ask them to print,fax/email

same here with my 328i cbu...only found out that rusted seat below for both front seat and found out that my front parking sensor quite annoying, keep sounding even there are no obstacles in front...any one encounter this and problem resolved?

going bring it for tian siang bmw premium auto butterworth for a check by this coming monday
pls check the video that i took
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvleXU-YJ8s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

limky0424;809615 said:
same here with my 328i cbu...only found out that rusted seat below for both front seat and found out that my front parking sensor quite annoying, keep sounding even there are no obstacles in front...any one encounter this and problem resolved?

going bring it for tian siang bmw premium auto butterworth for a check by this coming monday

The distance sensor can be damaged by high pressure water jet. Did you wash your car with high pressure water jet recently?

splee;809617 said:
The distance sensor can be damaged by high pressure water jet. Did you wash your car with high pressure water jet recently?

nope..just Normal car wash by myself so far...

limky0424;809615 said:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?52057-PDC-Problem

Oops.... It really suprised me big time to hear and see so many defects on the skd's f30.

Both my 7's has never encountered any of the gremlins like this when they were new and i found that service from the sc are always polite and helpful..... Just very expensive.

Now i have got the new f30.. I have got to look into all these.. Do u think that some of the defects especially seat rail been solved?. Will need to go down and see later..

alantiong;809657 said:
Oops.... It really suprised me big time to hear and see so many defects on the skd's f30.

Both my 7's has never encountered any of the gremlins like this when they were new and i found that service from the sc are always polite and helpful..... Just very expensive.

Now i have got the new f30.. I have got to look into all these.. Do u think that some of the defects especially seat rail been solved?. Will need to go down and see later..

hope all the best, this is my 1st time of owning bavarian motor works.... and salesperson shud told us be aware of these issues and bmw malaysia shud give clear statement on how to overcome it.....

honey282;807370 said:
Bro, i noticed the clattering sound from the rear last night.
My wife was in the back seat and told me to which i turn off the radio.
The sound was something like a motorbike behind me with a slightly loud exchaust.

Not sure if it is similar but i have noticed that my 320i engine sound is rather loud from the outside.

yes..... slightly loud as compared to all other NA engine. is it normal?

i got my 320d f30 on 22/2/13 .But already start having problem for me such as wind noise after 80km/h and the left rear light loose and came out. I will sending.back to service centre on monday. Really unhappy to have this low quality car.

free808;809678 said:
yes..... slightly loud as compared to all other NA engine. is it normal?

It's normal. The new turbo charged petrol units on the f30 definitely sound louder than expected and sometimes even being mistaken for a diesel unit as the engine clattered similarly to a diesel unit.

limky0424;809675 said:
hope all the best, this is my 1st time of owning bavarian motor works.... and salesperson shud told us be aware of these issues and bmw malaysia shud give clear statement on how to overcome it.....

Duit sudah angkat la ... Peduli ape la?

splee;809728 said:
It's normal. The new turbo charged petrol units on the f30 definitely sound louder than expected and sometimes even being mistaken for a diesel unit as the engine clattered similarly to a diesel unit.

splee.... thanks.... i thought BMW istalled me diesel engine.....:rock:

free808;809819 said:
splee.... thanks.... i thought BMW istalled me diesel engine.....:rock:

Its caused by the high pressure injectors ... kinda like diesel la ...

tIANcI;809824 said:
Its caused by the high pressure injectors ... kinda like diesel la ...

Ya initially was worried about the loud sound too but now got to appreciate the sweet sound on high rev :)
Btw just got a surprise when my rear goor suddenly pop open when was going fast on slightly uneven road. Luckily it didnt swing open. This is really unacceptable and scary if got child/passenger at the back. Anyone experience this?

Top Bottom