Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Today SA called and confirmed my car did not escaped the rusty seats.
Already replaced, not resprayed; and now waiting for tech dept to decode the ASS before I take delivery next week.
Hopefully no more further issues.

Mizhan, I got same problem with the horn too. It eventually failed completely. Even b4 that it started to sound so "gay" or pondan. So shy! Everytime I horn, ppl laugh. It's such a common problem apparently.

Juan Powerblow;804261 said:
Mizhan, I got same problem with the horn too. It eventually failed completely. Even b4 that it started to sound so "gay" or pondan. So shy! Everytime I horn, ppl laugh. It's such a common problem apparently.

I had better check my horn tomorrow morning. I don't normally use my horn so don't know if there's a problem.

took delivery of my 320d 2 weeks ago, only 600km.. Warning came out left turn signal failure, right turn signal failure, left brake light failure and right brake light failure.. Will post pics of warning when I can...

Shah74;804336 said:
took delivery of my 320d 2 weeks ago, only 600km.. Warning came out left turn signal failure, right turn signal failure, left brake light failure and right brake light failure.. Will post pics of warning when I can...

Looks like all your trunk lights are out. Probably blown fuse or loose wiring connection. Send to SC for checking

Added an aircond blower in addition to the horn already on order at ingress. Blower is emitting a loud whirring sound.

And after 8 months...i got my first problem.... the HORN....crap...
Sounds like i'm driving a Viva.... squick...squick....

honey282;803643 said:
Today SA called and confirmed my car did not escaped the rusty seats.
Already replaced, not resprayed; and now waiting for tech dept to decode the ASS before I take delivery next week.
Hopefully no more further issues.
you few then. I took mine 4 weeks ago, BMW mal still not stock today I checked :(

splee;802285 said:
Don't like the feeling of being restraint. Would drive without one whenever possible, just have to keep an eye for the mata mata. Seat belt passive safety. Still believe in active safety from the steering, brake and driver..... But don't take my advice. As Mr Prez said safety comes first.

http://www.nsc.org/safety_road/DriverSafety/Pages/SeatBelts.aspx

Single most effective. Even professional drivers wear multi points seat belts. So alway buckled up :)

CKHoe;803562 said:
Yup wind noise is quite obvious...

BMW put some additional rubber on the windscreen a month back, minor improvement. Not so obvious at 100-110kph. At 140+ it's howling already. Got back again.....

I too have the problem of Blower emitting a loud whirring sound, it was raining the day I pick up the car so aircond was on low..next day when put the Aircond to Auto I thought that the blower was going to explode.

Yikes. I was just complaining about the horn yesterday only to realise so many of you kena, and now the air cond blower too is a common fault, which I suffered too. If its any consolation, go to Ingress to fix! One thing I like about 'em, they don't simply get defensive and deny. In fact, the service advisor was rather sympathetic, explained the problem well in terms of what needs to be done, and just get on with fixin' em. For the air cond blower, I understand it's a design defect where something gets unstuck and to my relief, there's no need to remove the dash. The more senior members know, once you remove dash, 90% of cases, you're screwed, with rattling that you can't get rid of.

Correct JP, no bullshit from Ingress service advisors. They're a helpful bunch.

mizhan;804553 said:
Correct JP, no bullshit from Ingress service advisors. They're a helpful bunch.

Yup, no BS is much appreciated. Relatively hassle free and pleasant experience when there's no BS.

mizhan;804512 said:
Added an aircond blower in addition to the horn already on order at ingress. Blower is emitting a loud whirring sound.

Hmm, good tip. The Horn and a/c blower now are now on my watch list. Ive laways thought that the a/c blower is louder than normal, wonder this defect will cure that noise issue. The horn problem on the other hand, is a serious safety concern. Just recently i was driving around in my E30 when its horn failed (that car is old though). Nearly hit a few dumb drivers who barge in and out of lanes...

I got this horn problem too and I recorded the sound so I can remember it :)
But couldn't find a way to post it le. Anyways, SA said would order a new horn for me, would probably check back with them after the long holidays.

Another problem that I encountered is that when I turn the sterring, I can hear soft whirring sounds, it's like "you are on an empty stomach and it tries to tell you to feed it" kind of sound. Anyone encounter this problem? Should I be concerned?

Guess what, my f30 320d has white smoke and burnt smell coming out from my bonnet! It was like after about 5 mins jam in the pyramid car park, white smoke coming out via windscreen drain. I suspect it was the dry leaves that stuck inside the drain and when engine heats up, it burns. And after I take them out, no more white smoke. Gotta visit AB again tomorrow to find out what's wrong.. Scared car suddenly burn while driving..

Reading all complaints thus far, i find most complaints are on the 328i, and 320d.
Any bros here having issues with their current 320i besides the rusty seats?

my vipers is start to have some annoying sound now... it is with the "tik tik" sound (just like the signal sound) everytime i use the viper...... dono whats wrong wit it... sighhh

Top Bottom