Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Leoabp;805261 said:
my vipers is start to have some annoying sound now... it is with the "tik tik" sound (just like the signal sound) everytime i use the viper...... dono whats wrong wit it... sighhh

You have vipers bro in your car? Woooo... Snakes in cars movie coming out soon.. hehe.. just kidding bro. Wipers!

Leoabp;805261 said:
my vipers is start to have some annoying sound now... it is with the "tik tik" sound (just like the signal sound) everytime i use the viper...... dono whats wrong wit it... sighhh

My wiper also have the same problem. Lagi best my idrive show "battery charge very low" today. Could it be the day time lights?

Nightswan;805276 said:
You have vipers bro in your car? Woooo... Snakes in cars movie coming out soon.. hehe.. just kidding bro. Wipers!

Heh heh heh. I was thinking of keeping a couple of vipers in the front seats too..just to deter snatch thieves..hmmm they might produce "problem" hisssing sound after awhile though..good laugh ;)

skyblind;805289 said:
My wiper also have the same problem. Lagi best my idrive show "battery charge very low" today. Could it be the day time lights?

Can you start your car as usual? Probably it's just the backup battery for the iDrive is getting weak. Send your car to the SC for checking

Leoabp;805261 said:

Ok... I had this problem too, but it just disappeared without any intervention.

skyblind;805289 said:

My 5 months old f30 was unable to start yesterday night. Started calling BMW voice 10pm but nobody answered. This morning also the same, 8:30am started calling BMW voice.. Now.. Still calling... :top:

skyblind;805388 said:
My 5 months old f30 was unable to start yesterday night. Started calling BMW voice 10pm but nobody answered. This morning also the same, 8:30am started calling BMW voice.. Now.. Still calling... :top:

Which model? Any previous experience or sign of such start up failures?

mine out of 4 power sockets...2 are not functioning..the one under passenger foot well and at rear center console...

just got my car back.. changed the steering rack.

tested it at the usual roads when i normally hear the knock/sound from the front right side.

ALL GONE!!!!

phew... !

achtung;805523 said:
just got my car back.. changed the steering rack.

tested it at the usual roads when i normally hear the knock/sound from the front right side.

ALL GONE!!!!

phew... !

thanks for the report bro...now im ready to send mine for rectification....hopefully this will be a permanent solution...

F30, is your wind noise problem on the F30 being fixed? is it now no wind noise?

So that knocking sound from right side that sounds like a worn out lower arm bush is a steering rack issue huh? Trouble is my car only makes that sound intermittently, even going over the same rough patches the sound doesn't always present itself. Seems i just have to wait for it to get more persistent before i can send the car in.

mizhan;805690 said:
So that knocking sound from right side that sounds like a worn out lower arm bush is a steering rack issue huh? Trouble is my car only makes that sound intermittently, even going over the same rough patches the sound doesn't always present itself. Seems i just have to wait for it to get more persistent before i can send the car in.

Cannot just send in and ask the SC to replaced it? Since this seems like a known issue

Cannot. The SA need to confirm fault. Twice i went in (for other reasons as well) and the sound wasn't heard over bumps. Damn.

It was straightforward with my horn and aircond blower, fortunately.

honey282;805725 said:
Cannot just send in and ask the SC to replaced it? Since this seems like a known issue

I don't think the SC can just replace a part under warranty without confirmation that the part is defective.

mizhan;805690 said:

thats right...mine was intermittent too... sent the car in twice , no joy for the fix.
the third time took the service guy for a test drive looking for all the uneven roads ( luckily a lot near penchala) .
thats when i got it diagnosed ...
hope this helps

it just don't seem to justify a faulty steering rack by just depending on hearing the sound. shouldn't there be a better way to diagnose the faulty parts?

When I think again and again, why is this thread focus on the problem of brand new car as premium as BMW. Pathetic la BMW.
I really pity you guys. Hopefully BMW is responsible to rectify the issues. Good luck

Top Bottom