Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tIANcI;791978 said:
Hence, with the club having a seat in BMW's whatever council, why not hold a dialogue? It's not about getting solutions for OMs or CGs but time that BMW open their bloody eyes to the problem at hand ... Each day we hear complains in this forum. If the club is wise, this is a great effort that will assist in converting CGs into OMs. People join something for something in return. It has to be tangible ...

In my last hobby forum, many join because it was a wealth of data and information for the forumers. Of course it's for TCSS too la but mainly, it was about enhancing the hobbyists skills and knowledge.

tianci ...when are you gonna hold a dialogue to help these ppl out larrr ...and about the bandwidth matter ..when are you gonna start up ya new site ...

just wanting to see your site and what can you do for these ppl here ...

jan999;792307 said:
so the OM fee payable for? for the bandwidth? i read in 6 series side, a Sporean member took down his photos coz some complaint ard.

to me, a club should do its part first before talking about membership fee.

sorry bro ...with 107 post in your belt ...what can you do for the club rather then asking what can the club do for you ...:)

with your free excess here ..just wondering what can you give in returns inorder for this club to be running ?

Iceman ... What is the problem la? Did I say I want to start a new site? So what are you getting at with bandwidth? I don't understand. Your statement sounds so condescending. Speak up openly la. No need to have veil.

At the least, I can say I am participating with some guys to have some fun drives that seems to be enjoyed by other forumers be it OM or CG. Or should I join as OM and then organise them as official drives so as not to be seen as taking bandwidth?

I am outta this thread la. Its a waste of time.

arulkl;792378 said:
tIANcI - can you sue before a default happens?

I was under the impression that the hirer is always the registered owner - until a default happens (default doesn't mean only non-payment as I believe there are other events of default where the financier can declare an event of default). Until a default, the financier is a beneficial owner. I thought only when a default happens, does the financier have the right to enforce their rights under the HP act and can repossess the car etc. And that's when the financier can sell the item under hp and they become responsible for the item.

The above is merely my limited understanding - and I am most likely mis-informed so wanted to check the correct position.

Registration for a vehicle does not mean you are the legal owner like land under the Narional Land Code. HP laws are clear as to who is owner and who is the hirer.

Anyways, you can PM me to clarify. I am tired of putting info out to assist and then getting snide remarks about when I will set up my own site. Geeez ...

Wow, so surprised with this. I guess iceman fella sort of indirectly indicate that help will only be given for members only.
All we ever asked for is just a lil help maybe a phone call or an email from those OM which have connections with BMW malaysia so that we owners can request a dialogue or a lil talk to address our issues. That's all I think non of us actually would expect the club to organize or throw in money or what so ever.

If guest see this I think they won't wanna register as OM as this would thing is all about dollars and cents.
Well no offense just my opinion. Same as tianci I find it pointless. I will just search for other helps.

tIANcI;792420 said:
Iceman ... What is the problem la? Did I say I want to start a new site? So what are you getting at with bandwidth? I don't understand. Your statement sounds so condescending. Speak up openly la. No need to have veil.

At the least, I can say I am participating with some guys to have some fun drives that seems to be enjoyed by other forumers be it OM or CG. Or should I join as OM and then organise them as official drives so as not to be seen as taking bandwidth?

I am outta this thread la. Its a waste of time.

Tianci, I appreciate your comments and posts. As for ICEMAN, I guess he's peeved that OMs were outrightly pointed out as doing nothing. I can now see the huge difference between the Official BMW Club and the Porsche Club. They really try to help their members, hold sessions and maintains a close & good relationship with Porsche Malaysia.

For the love of BMW and in the spirit of friendship, suggest we stop petty comment. Many BMW Club officials and members are friendly and welcoming lot. If we get help, we say thank you but if we don't get help we don't blame or criticise others. F30 problems and resolutions aren't over and as F30 owners we have the right to be interested and see to it that BMW Malaysia would do something about them one way or another.

BTW, my SA keeps on asking me when could I send my car over so that they could replace the rusty seats - now he is chasing me; but I am still mad with the fact that he sold me a faulty car! That's life lah. :driver:

Guys, just want to check....does your power window automatically goes all the way up/down when you flicked the button beyond the first resistant point? Mine does so when going down but not UP. I want to double check what is it supposed to be, UP and DOWN or only DOWN?

c-square;792795 said:
Guys, just want to check....does your power window automatically goes all the way up/down when you flicked the button beyond the first resistant point? Mine does so when going down but not UP. I want to double check what is it supposed to be, UP and DOWN or only DOWN?

On mine, from lock status, if i press the unlock button a bit longer (5 sec maybe), all the door window will wind down. From open position, if i press lock a bit longer, all door window will wind up (and side mirror to fold).

Just checked both front seats rusty driver side 90%, left slightly left. Crap QAQC bmw. Informedmy SA he just oh not of this before, bring car in for inspect.

Nightswan;792796 said:
On mine, from lock status, if i press the unlock button a bit longer (5 sec maybe), all the door window will wind down. From open position, if i press lock a bit longer, all door window will wind up (and side mirror to fold).

Correction: Only driver and passenger window will wind up/down.

I'm almost 6,000 kms on my F30 328i and my problems are 1) whirring sound from air cond, gets worse when I turn up the fan speed, something's obviously broken; 2) knocking sound from suspension (like everybody else) 3) wipers terribly misaligned. Will get these fixed during 1st service 4) Engine sound terribly unrefined 5) parking sensors a bit delayed, not sensitive enough :p

Problems with my RCZ (CBU) after 11,000 kms - none whatsoever! and just as much driving pleasure :)

Just saw the youtube video circa bent rod, got me very worried leh :p

c-square;792795 said:

It should go both ways automatically. Mine started to act up under 1 month, irregular auto up/down, most times after auto up till closed position, it pops back down a few inches as though detecting a jam and triggered the anti pinch feature. got it replaced without much hassle.

Side note, service supervisor says that BMW is aware of some of the issues with the SKD on rusty seat frame and suspension/steering rack knocking sound, they are preparing for a recall.

After 1 month and mileage 2000km, so far only issue for mine is the rusted seat and squeaky, tik tik sound on drivers seat when I go over uneven bumpy road. Will get them to check when I have time. Keeping fingers crossed no more issue cropping up in near future.

new issue with my ride: air con odor!!

When I turn on the car the initial AC blast smells awful. Got the SC to clean the filter but the odor came back after two days.
Anyone had this problem?

ljsaw;796319 said:
new issue with my ride: air con odor!!

When I turn on the car the initial AC blast smells awful. Got the SC to clean the filter but the odor came back after two days.
Anyone had this problem?

Not air con adour, but my issue seems to be that some cooling is lost, just 6000km mileage so far ?

Mafulat;792835 said:
It should go both ways automatically. Mine started to act up under 1 month, irregular auto up/down, most times after auto up till closed position, it pops back down a few inches as though detecting a jam and triggered the anti pinch feature. got it replaced without much hassle.

Same problem here too.... need to go for servicing....

Top Bottom