Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ljsaw;789258 said:
I kept getting a standard reply from BMW Malaysia and AB Sg Besi everytime I wrote to them directly. I am seriously considering to start a petition or make the issues/ defects public on local newspapers.

Seriously, I am getting very impatience. The way CS is dealing with problems is killing me. Lately, I think my blood pressure has gone up five folds. :motz:

Please put your grief in newspapers and let the world know that BMW Malaysia is giving us sub-par quality products.

jan999;789240 said:
same for me. as bad as never changed. i felt like to press them to sell us their M-Performance Alcantara trim for half price due to this stupid issue. what u guys think?

:) hahahhahaahahahah, yeah buddyyyy

My rusty front seats starting to squeak. Seriously, my first BMW experience has not been very pleasant so far.

I am starting to hate my F30 and considering to sell it. :(

ljsaw;789846 said:
My rusty front seats starting to squeak. Seriously, my first BMW experience has not been very pleasant so far.

I am starting to hate my F30 and considering to sell it. :(

Sooner or later, Gangnam Style might happen in front of BMW Malaysia HQ

Hi fellow f30 owners,

I must be the first few unlucky owner in M'sia as I got a MAJOR lemon. My CBU f30 328i lost power at high speed on the N-S highway a month ago. Engine suddenly began rattling, vibrating and making an awful knocking noise. Totally cannot be driven and towed back to dealer. They still have not sourced the problem and have dismantled the entire engine for further investigation. I'm currently fighting with BMW M'sia to have them replace a new engine. The car was only 6 months old with 8700km mileage :(

For those interested to hear the noise, i posted a video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYuh17cvABY

ljsaw;789258 said:
I kept getting a standard reply from BMW Malaysia and AB Sg Besi everytime I wrote to them directly. I am seriously considering to start a petition or make the issues/ defects public on local newspapers.

Seriously, I am getting very impatience. The way CS is dealing with problems is killing me. Lately, I think my blood pressure has gone up five folds. :motz:

Hey, count me in if you intend to do that. I too, am damn pissed with BMW Malaysia's generic response to my manufacturing defect. How can the whole bloody ENGINE break down after only 6 month??? I've been without a car for nearly a month now and they are nowhere near to pinpointing the problem.

ica;791467 said:
Hey, count me in if you intend to do that. I too, am damn pissed with BMW Malaysia's generic response to my manufacturing defect. How can the whole bloody ENGINE break down after only 6 month??? I've been without a car for nearly a month now and they are nowhere near to pinpointing the problem.

didnt they loan u a 528i msport as courtesy car? my friend got one when he sent in his 328i for changing the entire gearbox last month.

Question is this. With all the problems, what is the club going to do to facilitate something with BMW? I mean there must be some reason to have an official club other than just having membership and outings only. BMW quality is a huge concern and this is just lingering only.

ica;791463 said:
Hi fellow f30 owners,

I must be the first few unlucky owner in M'sia as I got a MAJOR lemon. My CBU f30 328i lost power at high speed on the N-S highway a month ago. Engine suddenly began rattling, vibrating and making an awful knocking noise. Totally cannot be driven and towed back to dealer. They still have not sourced the problem and have dismantled the entire engine for further investigation. I'm currently fighting with BMW M'sia to have them replace a new engine. The car was only 6 months old with 8700km mileage :(

For those interested to hear the noise, i posted a video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYuh17cvABY

Mate, I had the same problem a month ago. did you get the drivetrain error? I have sent back my car and was told it's a software issue. Did a software upgrade and didn't have the problem anymore.

tIANcI, I echo your point.

The fact that only a hand full of ppl dare to post and share it on the forum. The actual number of similar incidents is considered unknown. Without enough evidence (in number of cases), don't think anyone will dare to fight for others. I could be wrong, haha.

Anyway, I have found a few more problems, but lazy to post, 'cause nobody wanted to share'. So no point for me to do the same too.

ljsaw;791491 said:
tIANcI, I echo your point.

The fact that only a hand full of ppl dare to post and share it on the forum. The actual number of similar incidents is considered unknown. Without enough evidence (in number of cases), don't think anyone will dare to fight for others. I could be wrong, haha.

Anyway, I have found a few more problems, but lazy to post, 'cause nobody wanted to share'. So no point for me to do the same too.

Not all BMW owners join this forum. Of the few that do, you already see the percentage of the problem. Dun tell me those who are darn unlucky end up here only? Again, I dun see anything from the club side. It would be nice to see something based on the fact that the clud has a representation with BMW Malaysia ... So what gives?

tIANcI;791483 said:
Question is this. With all the problems, what is the club going to do to facilitate something with BMW? I mean there must be some reason to have an official club other than just having membership and outings only. BMW quality is a huge concern and this is just lingering only.

bro tianci

sorry bro

1st foremost when you purchase a car you buy direct from the dealers right ? do you go through BMWCM ? yes or no ?

who gains the commisen when one buys a car ? the sales person/dealer ship OR BMWCM ?

what can BMWCM do with these dealer or offer those unlucky buyers ?? care to explain this ahh bro ...maybe you have some good idea's out here and perhaps can help BMWCM and it's managing committee and it's OM member too ...

i wonder when problems arise to those buyers, why is the club drag into it ?

All these Auto Bavaria & BMW Malaysia people mostly are proud and arrogant. They think they are so great. Damn la fxxx off la.
Buy myvi better lagi power lagi best

initialM;791515 said:
All these Auto Bavaria & BMW Malaysia people mostly are proud and arrogant. They think they are so great. Damn la fxxx off la.
Buy myvi better lagi power lagi best

not only AB and BMW malaysia larrr .... the others upcoming marque also the same larrr ...

semua mau cari makan jual kereta sahaja ...sudah rosak semua tak mau layan ..then cari BMWCM larrr ...

hows ya porsche doing ? layan bagus ka ?

Iceman ... This is what I am thinking. It's not about DRAGING the club in. It is not about the dealer makes money and not the club.

All this while I read some OMs pushing so hard about membership. The amazing benefits, this is the only official BMW club etc. you know the talk as you have seen it over and over. As a club, would it be hard to try and hold a dialogue with BMW Malaysia? I am not saying that the club SOLVES the problem but can it even try to hold a dialogue?

Why do we read from fanboys how amazing the car is but when the car is seen having tons of problems, all those fanboys just shut up la?

On my own I have highlighted issues seen in this forum with some people in AB, so they can understand how bad things arepa a bigger scale. That is me alone. What if the club were to try to do something with BMW Malaysia? Is that too far fetched?

It's about trying perhaps ... Not solving. I am not saying the club should end up as the BMW aftersale arm in Malaysia. If you are so proud of the brand, you will not want to see it smeared. True? Food for thought.

bro tianci

we are not pushing hard on the membership, but when you look carefully we are indeed wanting ppl like you to come in here and perhaps hold that said mentioned dialogue and perhaps solve most of the grievencess faced by many out here ..

what is rm300 VS all the free bandwidth you guys have useed free over the years here ... and upon this still draging the club for something which the club is not tied for ..

i'm one here for the joy of sharing my ride and making friends alike and also wishing more members could sign up to be official so that we could be one of the leading premier clubs around ...

since you've highlighted those issues with BMW malaysia, have they solve it for you and the rest here ? indeed they only understand and hear you alone i assume ... as the problems are still out there ..

maybe BMW malaysia can assign you to hold a dialogue ..why didn't they ?

ohh well tainci ... i'm just looking forward to see more concern ppl like you joining us up being official rather then being a single entity .. get yourself voted in the managing commitee and you may hold as many dialogues with all the dealers out there ..

i wonder how many f30 owner out there who are OFFICIAL HERE VS the little oldie e36 owner here ..

Iceman ... I am no Dato or Tan Sri who owned 15 BMWs. Dealer dun give a rats buttocks la. I get what you are saying but if the club takes the initiative then to the forumers, they can see that being an OM has indeed great benefits. Its about marketing la ...

As for bandwidth use, I ran a forum for my other hobby before. Its a mere 300 per year only. Funded by another guy and myself ... We even had postings on how to etc so that new comers had the best info.

We organised outings to hook up with Singaporeans etc. all self funded because it costs mere hundreds only. Each year we have a 2N1D outing where I organise with full board and lodging for about 30 or so kakis. Prepare like mad but dun make money la. Spend a lot of time to organise but its fun to see the guys all come out and have fun.

We did not care if others enjoyed and did not financially contribute. Its about a hobby or passion.

Top Bottom