Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I'd only experience the jerky feel when I was accelerating on Sport Mode especially the 0-120km/h sprint part.... never experience this on Comfort mode before but probably because I don't drive as agressive on Comfort mode.

What I find most disconcerting and annoying is that when I ascend or descend a slope (20 degrees), ie the ramps going up/down car parks in condominiums, office blocks, shopping complexes, the gearbox seems to be "hunting" resulting in sometimes being too high especially so when climbing the slope or too low especially when descending. Occassionally, there were a "pull-and-release" jolt when foot is gently depressed on the brakes during descending at tight corners at the carpark.

I don't know whether this is a typical symptom of a turbo engine or not. When I complained to the SC, that fellow said that this is normal for a "low-gear-high-torque" engine....but I think this explanation is full of ballooney.

c-square;787531 said:
What I find most disconcerting and annoying is that when I ascend or descend a slope (20 degrees), ie the ramps going up/down car parks in condominiums, office blocks, shopping complexes, the gearbox seems to be "hunting" resulting in sometimes being too high especially so when climbing the slope or too low especially when descending. Occassionally, there were a "pull-and-release" jolt when foot is gently depressed on the brakes during descending at tight corners at the carpark.

I don't know whether this is a typical symptom of a turbo engine or not. When I complained to the SC, that fellow said that this is normal for a "low-gear-high-torque" engine....but I think this explanation is full of ballooney.

Get SC to do a program update, it is a 2 day job. Mine improved a whole lot. Also my right foot is beginning to adapt.

The gearbox is adaptive, so if you change driving styles from relaxed to aggressive all within short trips, it gets confused.

If you want fast then move the gearshift to DS mode.

I noticed that DS makes a difference even in Sports mode. Anyone noticed this?

Akhie;787510 said:
Went to AB KL this morning.

1) they dont have stock of the rusty seat part, so based on their SOP reply, "Have to order, will come in 2 weeks and we will call you once its here" stuff;
2) the gap between the dashboard and AC panel is actually a design characteristics to allow for easy access to pry open the AC panel. The infamous cabel is not a cabel afterall, it is actually the red panel revet hole, i.e. the red lining in the Sports models. If you dislike seeing the red thingy in between the panels, you could ask them to paint it.

Just to share.

Had 328i (cbu) for a week and thought now is appropriate time to share the problems. 700km mileage so far haven't experience the knocking sound from steering (fingers crossed).

2 problems:-
1)The gap between dashboar and AC panel. (design characteristic?? but why not everyone has the same gap if that is so?)
2) Air cond sound, whenever just start engine, the engine would blow loud but after few minutes, it is okay, but what happened then is the sharp noise (audible but not too loud and it comes and goes, i would say 30% of the time driving can hear) especially after rev to 4k rpm.

Morganl;787428 said:
... escalating this directly to BMW Msia MD would definately help you to have a better chance to get a loaner car.... I got mine arranged within hours after my phone call ended with the MD office...

Bro, yr call reached the MD office...

The only BMW Malaysia contact info i have is from their website ;

BMW Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
P.O. Box 112,
43007 Kajang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.

BMW Voice
Toll Free (Local) 1 800 88 3000
Tel (International) +603 2082 0000
Fax: +603 2082 0082

Its good you reached the MD... ada nombor lain ke ? Or was it your good luck that the secretary connect you in ? :)

jan999;787559 said:
the luxury line is ok. only sport line affected i think

So, it is actually normal for sport line to have a improper alignment between the red trim and the panel resulting in the gap?

c-square;787531 said:

Yeap. This is what I experienced in VW when I first got it. Then now my f30 have the exact charateristic especially low speed...

So Izzit because its turbocharge and 8 speed tranny?

Just to a little neutral information. Every manufacturer has issues. Every manufacturer has design based decision. Eg the lack of soundproof and sound. If you were to compare between F30 vs e90, F30 is lighter. This is to provide better milage. Another manufacturer with such a case would be Toyota. Do you know which model is actually position as a more performance and luxury vs the Camry? Its the MarkX. its more expensive and it was the first to use Direct Injection technology. But surprising fact. that car has no sound proof.

Cheers. Just my 2 cents

silvy;787560 said:
So, it is actually normal for sport line to have a improper alignment between the red trim and the panel resulting in the gap?

Based on design, i is properly aligned. If u look at the extreme left of the panel, it is aligned. The SA took it out and brought it to me. If they can even align the AC side of the panel (dunno if thry can even do so), then the other side wud not be aligned anymore.

MarcoMeswara;787553 said:
Bro, yr call reached the MD office...

The only BMW Malaysia contact info i have is from their website ;

BMW Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
P.O. Box 112,
43007 Kajang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.

BMW Voice
Toll Free (Local) 1 800 88 3000
Tel (International) +603 2082 0000
Fax: +603 2082 0082

Its good you reached the MD... ada nombor lain ke ? Or was it your good luck that the secretary connect you in ? :)

Well... U gotta refine your search....
:)

Akhie;787616 said:
Based on design, i is properly aligned. If u look at the extreme left of the panel, it is aligned. The SA took it out and brought it to me. If they can even align the AC side of the panel (dunno if thry can even do so), then the other side wud not be aligned anymore.

actually where is this gap ar? For the life of me i can't figure out if mine is aligned or not and am a bit paranoid now haha

ACS325i;787640 said:
actually where is this gap ar? For the life of me i can't figure out if mine is aligned or not and am a bit paranoid now haha

Ahahaha... dont be bro. U hardly notice it if u dont go look fr it.

Frm what i know, it is noticeable on d sports model (i hv d issue on mine). D gap is between d aircond panel and the meter console. In d sports model, the panel is d one black/red coloured...

Good fr u.... c how it goes if they hv a replacement which is 100% aligned. But the rusty seat part is something cant be tolerated

Can somebody take a pic of the rusty seat and paste it in here?
Ignore that.
saw the pics already.
OMG

Hey guess what, I found the disjointed part. Mine is one the driver side air cond and the steering. Just a small part.. I let the SA see d.. They will check and see of anything can be done...

Top Bottom