Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have sent in my car to fix all the defects that I had.

1. Wiper - I had the wipers replaced. The old wipers were skipping and did not wipe the windscreen properly;
2. Headlights - Additional bracket was installed and the headlight is not 'bouncy' when driving around uneven roads;
3. Panel - Panel has been replaced with new parts from Germany. The gap is not that obvious and acceptable now;
4. Power window (front driver) - one touch button not functioning. Motor/ gear to be replaced and tinting to be replaced by wingard too;
5. Knocking sound - Awaiting for new steering bracket from Germany, engine mounting has arrived in Malaysia. Both will be replaced when the full parts are in Malaysia;
6. BMW badge - replaced.
7. Rusty seats - photos taken, new seats have arrived from Germany, rusty seats will be replaced once the claims have been approved;
8. Drivetrain problem - software update, now the car drives better and gear shift is smoother. Per the technician, software update will be done on all F30 when first service is due. Personally, I think BMW Malaysia should do a mass recall and update all software to prevent this from happening. What happened to me was, the engine cuts off the power when I tried to overtake when I was driving on north south highway. The gearbox refused to gear up or down and my car was losing power/ speed. It was a scary moment as I had a car tailgating me. Just imagine what will happen if this happened when overtaking along a dual carriageway. Madness.
9. Leaky windscreen - No cracks on the windscreen, just a leaky sealant. The rubber sealant was refitted and it is alright now.

That's all folks. After all the fuss, I was offered a RM500 car wash and polish, what a bloody insult to me. I am fighting for extended warranty or exchange (which is unlikely). Wish me luck.

For drivetrain problem does it impact all cars or only cars before a certain production date ? Its :stupid: to wait until next service !

I was told all cars. but check with your service advisor whether your car is due for software update.

ljsaw;788471 said:

1. Wiper - I had the wipers replaced. The old wipers were skipping and did not wipe the windscreen properly;
2. Headlights - Additional bracket was installed and the headlight is not 'bouncy' when driving around uneven roads;
3. Panel - Panel has been replaced with new parts from Germany. The gap is not that obvious and acceptable now;
4. Power window (front driver) - one touch button not functioning. Motor/ gear to be replaced and tinting to be replaced by wingard too;
5. Knocking sound - Awaiting for new steering bracket from Germany, engine mounting has arrived in Malaysia. Both will be replaced when the full parts are in Malaysia;
6. BMW badge - replaced.
7. Rusty seats - photos taken, new seats have arrived from Germany, rusty seats will be replaced once the claims have been approved;
8. Drivetrain problem - software update, now the car drives better and gear shift is smoother. Per the technician, software update will be done on all F30 when first service is due. Personally, I think BMW Malaysia should do a mass recall and update all software to prevent this from happening. What happened to me was, the engine cuts off the power when I tried to overtake when I was driving on north south highway. The gearbox refused to gear up or down and my car was losing power/ speed. It was a scary moment as I had a car tailgating me. Just imagine what will happen if this happened when overtaking along a dual carriageway. Madness.
9. Leaky windscreen - No cracks on the windscreen, just a leaky sealant. The rubber sealant was refitted and it is alright now.

That's all folks. After all the fuss, I was offered a RM500 car wash and polish, what a bloody insult to me. I am fighting for extended warranty or exchange (which is unlikely). Wish me luck.

your car is CKD?

ljsaw;788471 said:

6. BMW badge - replaced.

Goodluck dude...! now go f*** them !!!
RM500 is not sufficient to wash and polish F30. nowadays, those car washers has gone bonkers!!

ljsaw;788595 said:
I was told all cars. but check with your service advisor whether your car is due for software update.

Thanks but never get car yet... still in factory, just placed booking a few weeks back :)

An update:

After a closer look, apparently the gap between the panel and dashboard is still visible in the day. My bad that I didn't check it properly in the evening when my car was delivered to my house on Wednesday.

I have called AB Sg Besi about this. The after sales team agreed to look into this matter again. Can anyone share a photo of their dashboard and the panel? I just want to know how a perfect fit should look like. Thanks.

I will try to snap a pic later today and will post it here for you guys to see what AB has done to fix the gap. You guys can judge the workmanship yourself. To me, it just another quick fix to fool me.

bro, very easy. u go to showroom and go look at the luxury line one. u will see how diff they are.

the luxury line one, no gap at all

Goodness.. Im sweating after reading all ur post..Not sure should I cancel my booking or not. SKD issue is really daunting la. Cant every members here have a massive TT and mogok infront of BMW HQ. I can get the press. Would be an amazing TT :)

ljsaw;788762 said:
An update:

After a closer look, apparently the gap between the panel and dashboard is still visible in the day. My bad that I didn't check it properly in the evening when my car was delivered to my house on Wednesday.

I have called AB Sg Besi about this. The after sales team agreed to look into this matter again. Can anyone share a photo of their dashboard and the panel? I just want to know how a perfect fit should look like. Thanks.

I will try to snap a pic later today and will post it here for you guys to see what AB has done to fix the gap. You guys can judge the workmanship yourself. To me, it just another quick fix to fool me.

Bro,
Sorry to hear that there is stil a gap. Cannot understand why they cannot fix it once and for all!!!
Do highlight this to BMW Malaysia. Recently, I buat kecoh on FB page about mud flaps and rusty seats.
To cut long story short, rusty seats are replaced and mud flaps (paid by myself) but free installations.
Dont be despair bro !!!1

ljsaw;788471 said:

6. BMW badge - replaced.

i wish you luck bro.. PLS DONT LET THEM PUSH YOU AROUND ....

New F30 QC that bad? Only about 10% owners at this point of time say "GOOD". Does that mean buying a used-SKD of 3-years later would have most of the above-listed problems resolved while 3-year-old problems being introduced?

been to service centre more times than proton sc , makes me wonder why i have to tolerate this disservice
my brakes are squeeling took it to sc last week they said not time to change yet, obd says 4000km more but everytime i stop the brake squeels thank you bmw

same for me. as bad as never changed. i felt like to press them to sell us their M-Performance Alcantara trim for half price due to this stupid issue. what u guys think?

I kept getting a standard reply from BMW Malaysia and AB Sg Besi everytime I wrote to them directly. I am seriously considering to start a petition or make the issues/ defects public on local newspapers.

Seriously, I am getting very impatience. The way CS is dealing with problems is killing me. Lately, I think my blood pressure has gone up five folds. :motz:

Foc is impossible I guess.

Now they selling rm3800 full set. If 50% off, rm1900 to get the m performance trim, I happy already

Top Bottom