Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
thing is, in BMW club, no one can say BMW is lousy.

when i started a topic to shift from a VW to BMW, i get bashing left right and centre.

many will say, sheer driving pleasure overrides everything. is that really true?

if u ask me, F30 is not something i will want to repeat purchase. its my 2nd BMW since E36 328i. and yes, i regretted.

Reviews like in this thread are the ones that really makes a difference and is genuinely helpful to a lot of buyers, and for that i am truly grateful.

Not the ones where Jeremy/Hammond whack it on de track and say its the best handling car coz can do powerslide, fastest track time, 0-60 numbers blah blah..

And please lah, how many of us really KNOW how to do powerslides? Or drift the car on their way to work? Or conjure all the skills that The Stig has to fully utilize the perfect 50:50 balance? Or do quarter mile sprint at every traffic light? Hahahaha

MOST of the time Msian drivers only drive straight or stuck in JAM
SOME of the time, Msian drivers will cilok here n there abit...itupun if NO TRAFFIC JAM. But, then u will only look like an idiot mat rempit oso laa....or look like those evo-kancilution drivers. (sorry)
RARELY will there be those who will drive more than 200km/h...again, if no JAM, if no RAIN, and for how long? 30secs? 30mins? Can drive from KL-Spore at 200km/h CONSTANTLY ah? hahaha
And that is the FACTS.

Sorry i'm blabbering already...but again, thanks for all the REAL WORLD info, guys!!
p/s: still undecided. hahaha

For me, no regrets as well. Even made the right choice of 328 instead of 320d. Even the engine idle sounded like a freaking diesel lorry but still each time I floor the accelerator.... Really superb power...

jan999;787133 said:
thing is, in BMW club, no one can say BMW is lousy.

when i started a topic to shift from a VW to BMW, i get bashing left right and centre.

many will say, sheer driving pleasure overrides everything. is that really true?

if u ask me, F30 is not something i will want to repeat purchase. its my 2nd BMW since E36 328i. and yes, i regretted.

U r just being honest buddy. No fear !

silvy;786581 said:
Just took 328i cbu, 2 problems discovered. Wind noise at 110 km/h (from the side mirrors? not too sure) and aircond seems rather noisy (not annoyingly loud but noticeable). Are these normal?

Side mirror noise issue at high speed - noted several times in this forum. No remedy, u have to live with it :)
Aircond noisy - same problem with my ride, looking for a solution when i visit ingress again.

kinda funny,
u have expressed your dissapointment with the product quality, depreciation, discount on year end product...yet you keep going back to the dealer hagling for a good price....why dont you try merc or audi then?
vieri777;787121 said:
Hahaha...sorry for the bashing laa bros, but we oso need to face the fact. The era of built to last like E30/E39 no more already bro. Consider this, how much more expensive is the F30 to the E90 or the E46? Campur inflation n increase in labours costs, raw materials, oil, RnD, expenses etc....how u think BMW is still making money all over the world? >MAINTENANCE< (well, at least, its the only justification i can think of on how BMW continues to sell at relatively the same price, yet continue to make money)

It starts with just a few cars, then become word of mouth, then become hot topic in forums, then become general public knowledge....until when the time comes we want to sell, MATI.....used car also dont dare take. Go check out E60 magnesium models on sale....i look also want to cry. Cry cos its cheap enough for me to buy but I damn scared if the car demam, owner oso masuk wad.

Anyway, just came back from Quill PJ. Test drove the 320D. They have ready stock colour n interior that i want. Oh My F$%^&*. And 1000km per tank. Dealer said cannot use discount PLUS Fleet discount sumore. hahaha. So best case, still 6% discount only. Damn. Pening kepala again. No wonder la Hammond said best car in the world + galaxy + moon + mars.

In my case, I regretted making the purchase. I would have deferred buying the f30 for another year if I had known all the issues and inconvenience I had to endure. Much as I like the f30 for looks, power etc, the issues are not minor. My brand new car was in the workshop more than in my own garage as I just cannot bear to drive one with a defective steering rack. They had fix it once and now the same issue is back.

I really like to hear from all here if their steering rack issue has been fix successfully. I was told they need to await for a new improved version. If that is the case, then all cars would have the issue sooner or later !!!!! Buy more worries this BMW

Yups, the improved version of the steering rack has not arrived from BMW AG, apparently still not ready for commercial production as yet. No one knows when those blardy racks are ready for us although I have enquired many times.

bro glock,
i'm reading thru the complaints from existing F30 owners. NOT i yang complaint la bro.
Its the end of the year sumore. Dont tell me you are willing to pay full price for a car that will turn 1 yr old in 1mths time?
Of course I want the best buck for my dollar. It IS MY dollar.
merc tried. lousy deal. not impressed with c200. prefer c250 but no budget
audi tried. only CBU. cannot afford. and the 1.8T is CVT hahaha. not worth it. best model 2.0T quattro. crazy price.

I'd got a broken LCD on my 328i and a rear wheel issue yet I have no regrets in the purchase (even though it's not fixed yet)... shit happens all the time.... initially yea we'll all feel frusfrated etc, but once the problems are fixed one by one, eventually you'll get to enjoy your precious riding experience...

try to get a loaner car from your dealer while they are fixing your problem... that'll ease your frusfration on the ownership experience for sure.... escalating this directly to BMW Msia MD would definately help you to have a better chance to get a loaner car.... I got mine arranged within hours after my phone call ended with the MD office...

oh yea... BMW Malaysia had also arranged for an Angmor senior engineer to walk me through the potential problem and the root cause analysis etc...

Morgan which dealer is servicing you ? Sounds proactive. Most are non active or just make excuses to make you leave ASAP

they were not pro-active.... it was pressure from BMW Malaysia that made them 'pro-active'... you just need to know how to make them pro-active...

this is the 4th BMW for me and still no regrets.... when the problems are fixed eventually, then u'll feel satisfied instead of frusfration....

Maybe when you are meeting the MD, you can have the rest of the owners to gather and bring up the issues that they encounter.

btw on the Gear shifting not smooth issue, I think this only happens on Sport Mode and not Comfort mode....

mugz;787503 said:
Maybe when you are meeting the MD, you can have the rest of the owners to gather and bring up the issues that they encounter.

I didn't know or meet the MD.... I just so happen to be trying my luck and gave the MD office a call after some google research.... couldn't even pronounce his name right... lol

Went to AB KL this morning.

1) they dont have stock of the rusty seat part, so based on their SOP reply, "Have to order, will come in 2 weeks and we will call you once its here" stuff;
2) the gap between the dashboard and AC panel is actually a design characteristics to allow for easy access to pry open the AC panel. The infamous cabel is not a cabel afterall, it is actually the red panel revet hole, i.e. the red lining in the Sports models. If you dislike seeing the red thingy in between the panels, you could ask them to paint it.

Just to share.

Morganl;787504 said:
btw on the Gear shifting not smooth issue, I think this only happens on Sport Mode and not Comfort mode....

For me it's most obvious in Eco pro.

Btw I always get this jerky feel in my VW. I pretty used to it. It seems to be one of the main characteristic of DSG and turbocharged engine.

Don't misunderstand, not comparing.. Just sharing.

Yeah, I've got this jerky feel even on Comfort mode...and I am not happy about it. Damn

Top Bottom