Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Problems encountered.

1- At max volume, air cond sound like industrial blower.

2- Horn not working.

Both are replaced FOC.

Mun;785345 said:
I don't think you should switch on the rear foglights when it rains. it is blinding to the drivers at the back, unless it is extremely heavy or actual fog, coz that is what it is for. Tail lights is sufficient when it rains. try driving behind one and see what i mean.

I totally agree with you.

right-side bonnet lock jammed in open position. had to manually push the catch down before closing bonnet; otherwise it will close in senget position.

mizhan;785392 said:
right-side bonnet lock jammed in open position. had to manually push the catch down before closing bonnet; otherwise it will close in senget position.

Bro, it happened to me before, turned out that it depends on the height you have to 'release' the bonnet. You have to drop it at chest height, otherwise, the bonnet will not close/ shut perfectly.

Do not under any circumstances that you press down the bonnet, you will leave a dent on the surface. Relax and release saje. It will shut nicely.

Anything the engine sound started to become annoying.. loud knocking sound..

i find it loud maybe need bring back to compare to other units and see if its normal.

mugz;786040 said:
Anything the engine sound started to become annoying.. loud knocking sound..

i find it loud maybe need bring back to compare to other units and see if its normal.

Welcome to the world of direct injection turbocharged cars. You'll be surprised how closer the engines sound like diesel engines. Anyway if you're worried have the car checked. No harm in doing so.

ACS325i;786042 said:
Welcome to the world of direct injection turbocharged cars. You'll be surprised how closer the engines sound like diesel engines. Anyway if you're worried have the car checked. No harm in doing so.

i have a VW at home, they sound just like it but little less noise.

hmmmm perhaps its just how it is.

Will drop to check when i need go back to dealer to collect some documents.

mugz;786046 said:
i have a VW at home, they sound just like it but little less noise.

hmmmm perhaps its just how it is.

Will drop to check when i need go back to dealer to collect some documents.

Yeah my GTI makes the same sound as well so i thought it's just the character of direct injection turbo cars. I also have the water and carbon coming out from both cars

Just took 328i cbu, 2 problems discovered. Wind noise at 110 km/h (from the side mirrors? not too sure) and aircond seems rather noisy (not annoyingly loud but noticeable). Are these normal?

JGY3551;781620 said:
Thanks Momoco,
Just called the SA, she claimed the specs and equipment are similar
So, can i trust them?
What more should i look for?
much aprreciated for ur reply

Never trust the sales people....most of them dont have enough knowledge of the car ...forumers here are many times better ...

ACS325i;786243 said:
Yeah my GTI makes the same sound as well so i thought it's just the character of direct injection turbo cars. I also have the water and carbon coming out from both cars

my f320 328i shoots out some black residue sometimes , i noticed it when i left the engine running at my car porch..

fad;785365 said:
Problems encountered.

1- At max volume, air cond sound like industrial blower.

replaced FOC.

Thanx. I was wondering about the loud noise of the aircond blower....

Adoi. Brand new car and already so many problems?! No wonder la people make jokes that BMW is Banyak Masuk Workshop, Banyak Makan Wang, Boleh Mati Woo...and yet every single review/testdrive written out there is singing praises for the F30 as the BEST car ever created in the history of mankind bar non. (exaggeration intended but ya get what i mean). BUT when we get the made in KULIM models, its all just an expensive piece of worthless crap.

Sorry...just felt really angry reading all the problems on the F30!! AND i ALMOST booked one yesterday!! Anyway, i went to Wearnes Tun Razak yest to check out any Yr End promo on the F30 and was offered 5k. But if u are staff from Maybank/Cimb/Rhb then u are entitled to a 6% fleet discount. Which, for me is a somewhat lousy deal considering by the time they process all the docs/transfers etc and handover the keys, it will already be a ONE yr depreciated car. SA say cannot say like that coz blah blah blah BUT i counter, when I want to sell back to you in 2015, you kira from 2013 or from 2012....straight away she diam.

I have been considering the C200 v F30 v A4 v PassatCC for many months and have finally decided to go for F30 with the fleet discount and prob try to get the 5k thrown in as well cos they have to clear 2012 stock (fast!) BUT when i read all these stupid problems with the CKD model...I pening kepala again!

vieri777;787063 said:
Adoi. Brand new car and already so many problems?! No wonder la people make jokes that BMW is Banyak Masuk Workshop, Banyak Makan Wang, Boleh Mati Woo...and yet every single review/testdrive written out there is singing praises for the F30 as the BEST car ever created in the history of mankind bar non. (exaggeration intended but ya get what i mean). BUT when we get the made in KULIM models, its all just an expensive piece of worthless crap.

Sorry...just felt really angry reading all the problems on the F30!! AND i ALMOST booked one yesterday!! Anyway, i went to Wearnes Tun Razak yest to check out any Yr End promo on the F30 and was offered 5k. But if u are staff from Maybank/Cimb/Rhb then u are entitled to a 6% fleet discount. Which, for me is a somewhat lousy deal considering by the time they process all the docs/transfers etc and handover the keys, it will already be a ONE yr depreciated car. SA say cannot say like that coz blah blah blah BUT i counter, when I want to sell back to you in 2015, you kira from 2013 or from 2012....straight away she diam.

I have been considering the C200 v F30 v A4 v PassatCC for many months and have finally decided to go for F30 with the fleet discount and prob try to get the 5k thrown in as well cos they have to clear 2012 stock (fast!) BUT when i read all these stupid problems with the CKD model...I pening kepala again!

Bro, fully understand how you feel when you read this thread butssss.......the problems are minor teething problems..which model doesn't have problem eh? I was once inside a Honda showroom and heard one customer complained that his car just siezed, couldn't run just like that, he was pissed allright and demanded replacement

...and yet my 9 years old Honda CRV has never given me any problem

..this thread is a fussy thread. Why I say so, just look at the type of complaints..the one that seems to be the most serious is "gap at control panel' or the rusty seat frames...well just make sure that you don't get those, do pre-inspection, etc...don't sign the acceptance form if you aren't satisfied...etc..

there are 70 plus F30s had been handed over in this forum and you have only a handful list of problems...evaluate properly bro, cannot over generalise. This was how I rationalised the whole thing. I am glad that I bought F30, it is indeed a pleasure to drive and feel lucky that I had cancelled bookings for i) Mercedes and ii) Mazda...and did not chose Audi...

Hope this sharing of experience helps..cheers!

charcoal;787072 said:
Bro, fully understand how you feel when you read this thread butssss.......the problems are minor teething problems..which model doesn't have problem eh? I was once inside a Honda showroom and heard one customer complained that his car just siezed, couldn't run just like that, he was pissed allright and demanded replacement

...and yet my 9 years old Honda CRV has never given me any problem

..this thread is a fussy thread. Why I say so, just look at the type of complaints..the one that seems to be the most serious is "gap at control panel' or the rusty seat frames...well just make sure that you don't get those, do pre-inspection, etc...don't sign the acceptance form if you aren't satisfied...etc..

there are 70 plus F30s had been handed over in this forum and you have only a handful list of problems...evaluate properly bro, cannot over generalise. This was how I rationalised the whole thing. I am glad that I bought F30, it is indeed a pleasure to drive and feel lucky that I had cancelled bookings for i) Mercedes and ii) Mazda...and did not chose Audi...

Hope this sharing of experience helps..cheers!

I doubt that the problems are TEETHING ones. Go speak with the SC techies la ... they are getting headache. They know and admit that BMW quality is not what it used to be. Complains are happening too often la. I think its time to face that fact. Its one too many lemons.

I would definitely grab F30 over C class anytime... I was offered a 6 months old pre owned C250i that is around 240k and a CBU F30 328i for 250k++ and just pull the trigger on 328i instantly...

Hahaha...sorry for the bashing laa bros, but we oso need to face the fact. The era of built to last like E30/E39 no more already bro. Consider this, how much more expensive is the F30 to the E90 or the E46? Campur inflation n increase in labours costs, raw materials, oil, RnD, expenses etc....how u think BMW is still making money all over the world? >MAINTENANCE< (well, at least, its the only justification i can think of on how BMW continues to sell at relatively the same price, yet continue to make money)

It starts with just a few cars, then become word of mouth, then become hot topic in forums, then become general public knowledge....until when the time comes we want to sell, MATI.....used car also dont dare take. Go check out E60 magnesium models on sale....i look also want to cry. Cry cos its cheap enough for me to buy but I damn scared if the car demam, owner oso masuk wad.

Anyway, just came back from Quill PJ. Test drove the 320D. They have ready stock colour n interior that i want. Oh My F$%^&*. And 1000km per tank. Dealer said cannot use discount PLUS Fleet discount sumore. hahaha. So best case, still 6% discount only. Damn. Pening kepala again. No wonder la Hammond said best car in the world + galaxy + moon + mars.

Top Bottom