Compilation of problems of F30 u encountered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Did a pre-handover inspection today (handover expected tuesday after JPJ runs WXP xxxx) and saw d rusty seat part and d gap between d aircond panel and d meter console/dashboard.

Asked my SA to discussed with his manager and SA on what and when to rectify these. They will get back to me tomorrow. I hv asked/booked a courtesy car in d event my car masuk hospital. The car arrived at the showroom last nite during a heavy downpour and it was left outside overnite. There is no signs of water going into the headlights or even the rear lights.

The knocking sound shall be checked during handover.

We'll c how it goes... just to report in...

JGY3551;781620 said:
Thanks Momoco,
Just called the SA, she claimed the specs and equipment are similar
So, can i trust them?
What more should i look for?
much aprreciated for ur reply

Bro, you made your choice ? Audi or BMW ? Would like to know .

Akhie;783931 said:
Did a pre-handover inspection today (handover expected tuesday after JPJ runs WXP xxxx) and saw d rusty seat part and d gap between d aircond panel and d meter console/dashboard.

Asked my SA to discussed with his manager and SA on what and when to rectify these. They will get back to me tomorrow. I hv asked/booked a courtesy car in d event my car masuk hospital. The car arrived at the showroom last nite during a heavy downpour and it was left outside overnite. There is no signs of water going into the headlights or even the rear lights.

The knocking sound shall be checked during handover.

We'll c how it goes... just to report in...

Bro same here, waiting for the WXP xxxx queue :)..

Tuesday PH
If cannot register Today neither Wednesday, Thurday PH, Then at the most get car on Friday....TNS! My SA is super hopeless with the plate no.

Akhie bro, I have just inspected my car, visually everything seem in order. WXP xxxx is open now...maybe can collect my car sooner than I have thought. Good luck to you.

Same here bro... collecting my car tomorrow. SA has plan to rectify d issues. Will hv to send bk the car for rectification later and they agreed to provide courtesy car when my car masuk spital... good luck to u mate

3_600.jpg

Guys, I don't know why I have chosen white but my 320i looks exactly like this. It has that dark/black exhaust, SA said that's the current "in' color. The side of the car is just plain white if not for a small "sport" sticker....boring... so looking for idea to enhance - with small stickers or something. Will definitely go for the european car plate design (somewhere in puchong)....apart from that, it's a normal new car feeling :) cheers!

Got my car this morning.

No knocking sound from the steering column.

So far, issues are with the dashboard gap and the rusty seat part.

Akhie;784269 said:
Got my car this morning.

No knocking sound from the steering column.

So far, issues are with the dashboard gap and the rusty seat part.

The knocking sound will come after the first 500km, not apparent and you will hear it when you corner or drive on an uneven road. good luck.

ljsaw;784286 said:
The knocking sound will come after the first 500km, not apparent and you will hear it when you corner or drive on an uneven road. good luck.

Owhhh ok. Will keep a look out for it... thanks ljsaw

driver side power window faulty though after sent in for inspection

My driver side power window faulty even though i hv send in for inspection. Now waiting the new motor reach.....

luckystarbmw;784383 said:
My driver side power window faulty even though i hv send in for inspection. Now waiting the new motor reach.....

Do you have tinting on the window? What's the reasoning behind it?

Akhie;784287 said:
Owhhh ok. Will keep a look out for it... thanks ljsaw

So bro Akhie, how is the ride so far, is it fast enough? haha

I brought mine home this morning, still not fully acquainted yet with the car..so far I like it.

BTW there is a RM4.8k end of year rebate, I got mine.

My 320d Sport Line (8k on the mileage) is fine other than 2 small issues:

1. Sound from A/C blower at higher speed (comes and goes).
2. SOMETIMES only at certain very low parking speeds, a slight jerk when the gear shifts from 2nd to 1st (or 3rd to 2nd).

Other than that, beautiful.

ljsaw;784388 said:
Do you have tinting on the window? What's the reasoning behind it?

Got tinted. But only driver side faulty. Can only winddown automatically. Cant windup automatically.

Rear Fog Lights.

Mosts of the time when it rains, I will put on the rear fog lights. After a while, the car will prompt "rear lights faulty".
I will then turn it off. The next time I start up my car again, I will test the rear fog light and it will turn on.
This has happen twice already! knn

JGY3551;781595 said:
Hi guys,
I've learnt a lot from reading the forum to the extent that has become unsure whether to get F30 or not
After months of researching and reading the forum, went to AB JB yesterday to have a look and might go for a test drive next Sat.
Just wondering whether it is worth all the trouble by getting a new F30 with all sorts of problem, or is it limited only to CKD but not to the CBU unit
The SA that we met yesterday informed that we can get CBU 328i with the same price of CKD, however no more CBU for 320i and 320d.
My concern is whether to go along with CKD F30 knowing it can give me lots of headache afterwards, or opting for CBU 328i, or forget about it and instead go for Audi A4
Really need your expert and wise opinion.
Much appreciated.

I am driving a 328i CKD version and the quality is just crap for the asking price. If I am given the chance to reconsider, I'll not make a different choice.

i had the same prob... turned out it wasn't the power window fault, it was the tint. installed wrongly which caused the window to sense its jamming and i doesn't wanna auto wind up.
replaced the tint and all ok.

luckystarbmw;784667 said:
Got tinted. But only driver side faulty. Can only winddown automatically. Cant windup automatically.

jennypenny;779427 said:
you MUST and SHOULD insist on a brand NEW car seat!! there should be zero tolerance for this type of issues.

How can such a thing happen? Are they trying to save cost by sourcing cheap parts built from cheap material? Some time ago, I read somewhere that BMW is a reputable company in which their factories produces the least possible impact on the environment. However, with all the problems I'm seeing in their F30 model, all I can see is more wastage from the defective parts and that in turn cause more impact to the environment!

Donovan;784670 said:
Rear Fog Lights.

Mosts of the time when it rains, I will put on the rear fog lights. After a while, the car will prompt "rear lights faulty".
I will then turn it off. The next time I start up my car again, I will test the rear fog light and it will turn on.
This has happen twice already! knn

I don't think you should switch on the rear foglights when it rains. it is blinding to the drivers at the back, unless it is extremely heavy or actual fog, coz that is what it is for. Tail lights is sufficient when it rains. try driving behind one and see what i mean.

Top Bottom