BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
E46Fanatic;243613 said:
I picked up my ride from my 1st svc inclusive svc yesterday. So nice to pay nothing man!!

Anyway, they manage to get rid of the steering wheel squeak, without major repairs (suspect a grease job). However, they told me if it continues to squeak, bring the car back and they'll change the steering column. I am hoping i dont have to resort to this as I am not too comfy of the idea of major parts being removed and replaced locally heh. Also the oil change did the engine good. I had 3k kms left on the OBC but it was time for Brake Fluid change. So AB changed both for me.

Funny thing is the next service is in 23k kms. I tot our N52's have shortened oil svc intervals at only 9k kms? I'd be curious to find out at what mileage interval AB reset the the service interval to for the rest of the N52 E90s out there...
Ditto bro..
Had mine done in AB Sg Besi a few months ago..
I think the interval may self adjust depending on the condition of the engine as detected by the on board diagnostics though...

E46Fanatic;243613 said:
I picked up my ride from my 1st svc inclusive svc yesterday. So nice to pay nothing man!!

Anyway, they manage to get rid of the steering wheel squeak, without major repairs (suspect a grease job). However, they told me if it continues to squeak, bring the car back and they'll change the steering column. I am hoping i dont have to resort to this as I am not too comfy of the idea of major parts being removed and replaced locally heh. Also the oil change did the engine good. I had 3k kms left on the OBC but it was time for Brake Fluid change. So AB changed both for me.

Funny thing is the next service is in 23k kms. I tot our N52's have shortened oil svc intervals at only 9k kms? I'd be curious to find out at what mileage interval AB reset the the service interval to for the rest of the N52 E90s out there...

Hi E46F, do you know exactly where they applied the grease and what did they dismantle to do the grease job?

The 10K service only applies to the 1st 10,000 km. After that the service interval reverts back to 25K

I am not sure how they resolved it. However, I was quite pleased with the SA willing to do a warranty claim on a new steering column if the sound persist. No major hassle. As of today still no squeak, which is awesome.. as I was so getting used to the squeaks which can be quite embarrasing LOL.

BTW, I went to AB segambut this time around. A lot more relaxed and less chaotic compared to Glenmarie and Sg Besi... So far quite pleased with the experience there, but nothing major done, only 1st svc.

rookie;243660 said:
Hi E46F, do you know exactly where they applied the grease and what did they dismantle to do the grease job?

The 10K service only applies to the 1st 10,000 km. After that the service interval reverts back to 25K

erkk, bro, how come u said 1st service is 10k km ? mine hv done 3.5k km but the OBD showed abt 22k km to go for the next service...so how ah ?

i'm still not happy with the short duration (2-3 seconds) of hissing sound when turning on the aircond. AB said it's normal due to the blower. is it really so ?

mnas, how are you bro... Back from Aussie already?

Anyhow, I have the same question as you... I had my 1st service around 5+k... But recently, I went to AB to service my kereta, but they told me I still have around 18+k to go before next service date due...

My problem/question here... I felt its too long between services... Is it possible? Can the engine oil tahan for so long? Plus other spare parts too... Lately, I notice my clock slow down by a couple of minutes and my date suddently late by 1day... Can it be that my battery is running date?

Any gurus to enlighten me?

For N52 engines (325i), the first service is at 10,000kms and next service on 25,000kms and subsequently at the service interval of every 25,000kms.

If you feel the service interval is long, you may just do a engine oil & filter change at every 7,000kms to 10,000kms. Of course you would have to pay for this as it is not cover under the service inclusive program.

mnas; I think the hissing sound is normal as my car is having this sound too whenever I turn on the aircond. It is just a small hissing sound for 1 to 2 seconds. Dun worry....

TomJB; your case on the clock slow down and sudden change of date is a bit weird. Most probably because of battery. Suggest that you bring it for a check.

Yea definitely opt for the precautionary oil change in between the 23-25k kms service interval.

Also for the hissing sound, sometimes when you turn off the engine you may hear a humming/hissing sound from behind the front passenger dashboard for a few seconds. I found out that this is the electric water pump, and its supposed to be more intelligent than a crank driven one. It sometimes stays on after the engine is off to dissipate the heat, something a crank driven water pump cant do. Quite interesting...

hey there Tom..yup, got back from Melb last Sunday nite. pokai already after holidaying there..hahaha..
btw, is the 5k km service you've done covered under the service inclusive program ?

E46F, yeah i notice that sound too after turning the engine off, was suspicious there's something still running...interesting to know.. :)

E46F spoke to me about this earlier but I might as well report that I did my service with only 5,400 kms on the clock cos the OBD said I had 1,700 kms before having to service. Since I was going on holiday, I thought I just kaw-tim while I had the time. The OBD was reset to 22,000 kms, which I also thought was a bit odd since it's less than the 25,000 kms I was expecting. I kinda figured then it had to do with the Service Inclusive program i.e. to curb fellas from always sending their cars in too early under the pretext it's almost due and as such enjoying an extra free oil change compared to another owner who sticks to the timetable a bit more strictly. Yet again, the numbers don't quite work out if that's the case. Anyways, I didn't bother much since it's not far off from 25,000 kms.

Finally done brake changes for the front. Items purchased from Inner Auto, Jln Ipoh. All parts OEM from Germany (TRW) :

1. 2 x front rotors (discs) - RM 330-00 for the pair
2. 4 x brake pads - RM 170-00 for all.
3. Installation charges - RM 60-00
Total spent RM 560-00 yesterday.

Braking improved, no more squelling, but the handbrake still riding very high....

Bimmer910;248848 said:
Finally done brake changes for the front. Items purchased from Inner Auto, Jln Ipoh. All parts OEM from Germany (TRW) :

1. 2 x front rotors (discs) - RM 330-00 for the pair
2. 4 x brake pads - RM 170-00 for all.
3. Installation charges - RM 60-00
Total spent RM 560-00 yesterday.

Braking improved, no more squelling, but the handbrake still riding very high....

Hmm... I guess this is foremost on some of our minds after that Ulu Yam drive.

DY, when's the next event??? You should get Velocity to join us so we can drool on his car!

Wanted to upgrade the rotors, but not sure whether it would require additional parts.....Also wondering if the calipers can be upgraded to 4 potters....

Anyone have advice ?

Juan Powerblow;248857 said:
Hmm... I guess this is foremost on some of our minds after that Ulu Yam drive.

DY, when's the next event??? You should get Velocity to join us so we can drool on his car!

I think our next event should be a drive to Kuala Klawang right ? And hopefully this time around we will have two units of E92 335i with us :rock:

Bimmer910;248908 said:
Wanted to upgrade the rotors, but not sure whether it would require additional parts.....Also wondering if the calipers can be upgraded to 4 potters....

Anyone have advice ?

You want mine :wink:?

Kevin, need you ask ? :)
The size of your brakes is relatively bigger that the standard ones on my poor 320 no....... and dont you have 2 pot calipers to match ? :)

Juan Powerblow;254076 said:
Eh? How come this thread has gone so quiet? And, where the $@^#@^$ is KL2DC?!!

Yalor.... what happen to this thread arrr..... gone so quiet nowadays. And I think we have also lost a thread of the pictures of our E9x rides. Can't find it anymore larr...:wink:

Top Bottom