BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
David, PM me your cell phone number again...will give you a call when I get into town. Love to meet up so we can discuss those issue we have been discussing ;), among other things :)

Working on your blacklines for you...I will firm up with you sometime before my departure.

Also any source for cheap headlights? I want them but I'm not willing to pay $1600 for them here. Just the housing would do. Thanks.

Juan Powerblow;239155 said:
Guys, it's time to do another get together anyways, so why not coincide with KL2DC being in town? David, how?

But I'd be E90less... :(

Hey JP, you too...let's hope we have time to have a little g2g.

David Yong;239346 said:
KL2DC, I have PM you my number again :)

Got it...will see on the blacklines. Could you look into the headlights as well, I just need the housing, I can reuse the bulbs and ballast etc. Maybe got potong shop have some E90 headlights lying around?

Thanks.

I think it is not easy to look for headlights housing in any potong shop here as E90 is pretty new here. Let try to check where can get it.

BMW recently launched the new facelifted e60 in malaysia. anyone has any idea if its using the new improved N52 engine with direct injection that BMW claims to be more fuel efficient & increase in hp? however, read that the new DInjection engines are not available in US market due to poorer fuel quality there.

ken;240712 said:
BMW recently launched the new facelifted e60 in malaysia. anyone has any idea if its using the new improved N52 engine with direct injection that BMW claims to be more fuel efficient & increase in hp? however, read that the new DInjection engines are not available in US market due to poorer fuel quality there.

I heard that Malaysia has the same predicament. However, I'm quite sure that the facelifted E60 in Singapore and Indonesia have the uprated HPI engines but was told that it's not gonna happen in Malaysia due to fuel quality issues. This is 3rd party info tho, so don't flame me!

Shucks! One of my posts is missing! I thought I posted a few days ago about staggered E90 tyre pressure. After servicing my car on Monday at AB Segambut, I noticed they had pumped the pressure very high at 40 psi (front) and 42 psi (rear). I didn't like it at all and reverted back to 32-35. However, I discovered that the circumference of my tyres had grained quite a bit and wondered why. I discussed with E46F and he explained that at 32-35, my tyres were too deflated causing greater stress on the RFTs, at the edges. I think he's right on that. If so, how much pressure should I pump my tyres? E46F recommended I try 35-37 but that sounds a bit hard for the ride.

Yea, I'm stuck with the bumpy ride for 34psi front and 37psi rear (both when warm). Based on the recomendations on the driver door its about right, but you'll need to do a check on cold pressures. I think German roads are not as potholed and bumpy as what we get here. Its a hard choice.. bumpy ride, or premature wearing on the edges of the kinda expensive RFT tyres.. Sigh.

Follow the recommendations by the manufacturer. Best is to check your tire pressure in the early morning. Pressure gauge can be bought at ENEOS for RM 2.99 :)

JPB,

I have learned to live with 220 fr and 240 rear. Even at 220 fr, i still find the front tires scrubbing more on the outside

I went for the softer option of 32psi all round and suffered the consequences!
Both front tyres wore out bad on the outsides in 25k kms :eek:

Yes, some of us have to WORK in order to survive with E90 and some of us is so lucky that we can still afford to go holiday and keep our E90 at home! hehehe...

For me, I'm running on 33psi front and 35psi rear on my 18" and I check the pressure every two weeks. So far so good and the ride is much comfortable as compare to my previous 17" RFT which I pumped 32psi front and 35psi rear. I have tried 35psi front & 38psi rear on my 18" and I tak boleh tahan lar... So I am now 33psi front & 35psi rear.

If you go and ask around some tyre workshops, they will most likely tell you to do 32psi or 33psi all round. Most of them will tell you so.

I picked up my ride from my 1st svc inclusive svc yesterday. So nice to pay nothing man!!

Anyway, they manage to get rid of the steering wheel squeak, without major repairs (suspect a grease job). However, they told me if it continues to squeak, bring the car back and they'll change the steering column. I am hoping i dont have to resort to this as I am not too comfy of the idea of major parts being removed and replaced locally heh. Also the oil change did the engine good. I had 3k kms left on the OBC but it was time for Brake Fluid change. So AB changed both for me.

Funny thing is the next service is in 23k kms. I tot our N52's have shortened oil svc intervals at only 9k kms? I'd be curious to find out at what mileage interval AB reset the the service interval to for the rest of the N52 E90s out there...

Top Bottom