BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
KL2DC;217482 said:
Also, JP...do you guys have a BCM sticker (not the windshield sticker), I want to stick it on Bimmerfest's sign in book at the ED center, you know make a mark for the club.

This is a wonderful idea :)

Your offer to stick our emblem on Bimmerfest sign in book is much appreciated. Best thing to do is PM Fabian to despatch one straight away. Fabs?!! How???

Well, I better relish my swinging single days but hoping that BMW comes out with a 4-door coupe-looking series soon i.e. like the CLS, heh!

Juan Powerblow;217492 said:
Your offer to stick our emblem on Bimmerfest sign in book is much appreciated. Best thing to do is PM Fabian to despatch one straight away. Fabs?!! How???

Well, I better relish my swinging single days but hoping that BMW comes out with a 4-door coupe-looking series soon i.e. like the CLS, heh!

Thanks JP...we still have time, my ED will not be until early December :)

BMW is coming out with a 4 door coupe looking car...the E90 M3 *drool* with the E92 front fascia.

Will do a full report for the club...I think it'd be an interesting story piece.

Juan Powerblow;217492 said:

I heard or saw somewhere that the new 5 series look like coupe and of course it's with 4 doors!

David Yong;217494 said:
I heard or saw somewhere that the new 5 series look like coupe and of course it's with 4 doors!

I saw the artist impressions...should look good, definitely looks sleeker than the E60.

KL2DC;217110 said:
Everything is about $41k out the door, including taxes, everything in!!

..and to be able to do this at 41kX3.5 RM equvalent. I am wiping my tears as I write this.

I know..I know, this subject has been flogged to death but still...:mad:

Cannot wait for more juicy details, KL2DC

Cheers

Macheet;217497 said:
..and to be able to do this at 41kX3.5 RM equvalent. I am wiping my tears as I write this.

I know..I know, this subject has been flogged to death but still...:mad:

Cannot wait for more juicy details, KL2DC

Cheers

Ai yoh.... no more 3.5 conversion la.... now is 3.3 only.... so 41k x 3.3 = RM 135k.... what can u get here in Malaysia with this amount.

That is why I so envy our fren KL2DC :) hehehe....

lol you guys are funny...

ED is a great program.

Euro Delivery prices are a little low as BMW taps into a loophole and the car is exported as used. Also ED cars do not come out of the dealer's allocation so the dealers are more willing to deal over the invoice price.

European Delivery price includes:
* 14 days of free premium road insurance
* Tourist registration
* Factory preparation
* Inland European transportation from the designated drop-off point
* Marine insurance
* Customs duty and clearance
* U.S. port processing and accessory installation
* Wharfage and handling fees
*Lufthansa ED 2-for-1 program

You also get a free lunch or breakfast at the BMW center and factory tour and I believe you get some small ED trinkets.

The car will be prepped to showroom condition before final delivery. In my case, I am requesting delivery at the performance center so I get extra freebies like free hotel stay, meals, driving course and personalized delivery experience in South Carolina.

The standard $695 destination fee BMW charges pays for all this, so I'm stretching this to the max!

The downside. A long wait. After I drop the car off in London, I can expect up to 2 month's journey for the car to reach the US (ED cars have lower priority than new customer cars), then there might be more delays at the VPC to touch up the car (rock chips or any minor damages for e.g.) and to add to that there is a minimum 2 weeks downtime to schedule in a time slot for the performance center delivery program. So all in all, after my first delivery in December, I can expect to be reunited with my car around mid to end February 2008 :(

And of course whatever money you think you're saving up front is quickly spent as you experience prices in euros and pounds (food, hotel, tolls, petrol!!!)

FYI following BMW's steps, other marques have launched similar programs like Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Volvo and Saab. Porsche has a great one too but you have to pay extra for it.

Macheet;217497 said:

US$41 is just under the cost of my kid's college education in the US....PER YEAR! Total cost by graduation will be 4 euro delivery 335s, including mods :eek: You're wiping your tears? M y ke yybo ard i ssn' t w orki ng welll anym ore fr om t he fll ood of my tea rss! :(

Schwepps;217519 said:
US$41k is just under the cost of my kid's college education in the US....PER YEAR! Total cost by graduation will be 4 euro delivery 335s, including mods :eek: You're wiping your tears? M y ke yybo ard i ssn' t w orki ng welll anym ore fr om t he fll ood of my tea rss! :(

A big OUCH!, Schwepps....:eek:

Where's your kid at?

Schwepps;217519 said:
US$41 is just under the cost of my kid's college education in the US....PER YEAR! Total cost by graduation will be 4 euro delivery 335s, including mods :eek: You're wiping your tears? M y ke yybo ard i ssn' t w orki ng welll anym ore fr om t he fll ood of my tea rss! :(

So how about an offer as a waiter in the States for ya ???? :p

Now you know why I was in NJ last fall driving around in a Chevy, KL2DC. US$45 per annum just for tuition and other costs in an ivy, not counting personal expenses and travel. :eek: It's the same for Americans, so while your cars are incredibly cheap, your top colleges are the most expensive in the world. It's frightening to think that an undergrad degree costs 4 E90 335s. :eek:

You got a fantastic deal on your 335. Enjoy it before it's 2+1 or 2+2 and you have to start looking at GMs, Fords and Chyrslers! :D

To think I gave up my permanent job in the US (and that 400hp 300Z twin turbo) under H1B to come back to KL to work... Makes me wonder what I will be driving now in the US if I continued to stay and work there...

We earn developing country wages and pay exotic car prices for entry level BMWs. For what JPB forked out for his base E92 323i coupe (~USD101k), anything interesting in the US for that price bracket?

KL2DC;217586 said:
schwepps...your kid's in princeton...nice!

With the qualification criteria you kid had to enter princeton, he/she would have gotten scholarships to other non-ivy private colleges in the US :)... and you'll be driving an M6 here.

Its a long term investment I guess.

E46Fanatic;217594 said:
To think I gave up my permanent job in the US (and that 400hp 300Z twin turbo) under H1B to come back to KL to work... Makes me wonder what I will be driving now in the US if I continued to stay and work there...

We earn developing country wages and pay exotic car prices for entry level BMWs. For what JPB forked out for his base E92 323i coupe (~USD101k), anything interesting in the US for that price bracket?

Overall living cost in the states is still lower than Malaysia, so what kinda quality of life we have over here.:( JPB would probably be zooming on the interstate with a 911 Turbo.

I had a 86' 300Z too when I was in Kansas, bought in for a mere 3.5k from a Japanese dude. Served me well, as foreign students from the formerly Soviet Union loved it.:)

ALBundy;217612 said:
Overall living cost in the states is still lower than Malaysia, so what kinda quality of life we have over here.:( JPB would probably be zooming on the interstate with a 911 Turbo.

I had a 86' 300Z too when I was in Kansas, bought in for a mere 3.5k from a Japanese dude. Served me well, as foreign students from the formerly Soviet Union loved it.:)

Ya true. Seems that cost of living is lower, but the thing about living in the US is the "credit way of life". Its quite acceptable and the norm for folks in the US (and even OZ) to gear up heavilly on credit and the system really likes and encourages you to do it. I was earning pretty good $$$, and leverage on credit for the 300Z (~US540 a month if I remember rite). On paper it looked like I should have quite a bit of $$$ to spare, but when I left the US and returned, I had almost nothing to bring back after the years of working and earning there. Then again, I was much younger and was really enjoying life :p.

Based on statistics, the savings rate for US and OZ is lower compared to Asean countries. But life is better la.

E46Fanatic;217629 said:
Ya true. Seems that cost of living is lower, but the thing about living in the US is the "credit way of life". Its quite acceptable and the norm for folks in the US (and even OZ) to gear up heavilly on credit and the system really likes and encourages you to do it. I was earning pretty good $$$, and leverage on credit for the 300Z (~US540 a month if I remember rite). On paper it looked like I should have quite a bit of $$$ to spare, but when I left the US and returned, I had almost nothing to bring back after the years of working and earning there. Then again, I was much younger and was really enjoying life :p.

Based on statistics, the savings rate for US and OZ is lower compared to Asean countries. But life is better la.

The way I see it, it's quality of life that matters. I was in fact about to bemoan about the poor quality of life among budding professionals and entrepreneurs in Malaysia. A sad case of the rich getting richer while most poor souls like us are working our butt off to eek out puny luxuries which college students in US already enjoy!

Top Bottom