BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
energy;216407 said:
Hi All,
I am thinking of buying either a pre-owned E90 BMW 325i (if I can find a suitable one) or a MK V VW Golf GTI. The GTI cost SGD 113k from Sporean Parallel Importers, 1-2 year old BMW E90 325i is about SGD 150k (New e90 325i is about SGD 168k after 10k fren fren discount from PML).
What do you think? Buying Golf from PI, resale value, maintenance and availability of spare parts. I used to drive a E46 318i and then E46 325i for more more than 7 years :(

Please advice.

eNerGy.

Personally opinions. If budget is not main concern (diff of SGD50k)

1. I wud not touch the GTI esp from paralel. Buying from main delaership very critical there.

2. In Spore, you can get interesting cars for SGD160k. Wud not recommend buying new because depreciation will be very bad.

3. For SGD160 - 170k , can get a good condition used example of porsche boxster (if 2 seater is no problems), Audi TT and may even get early examples (ie year 99') 996 models.

4. A E90 325 is too common in Spore and due to huge supply, used prices will take a hit later on.

Juan Powerblow;216019 said:
I recall KL2DC posting about this not so long ago that it was only available in the US recently. Guess it would be sometime b4 it reaches our shores. It's BMW OEM rite?

Actually a HK based member made the discovery, I posted the part number in one of the E90 threads. Check with local suppliers on availability. I think its a nice piece...

Just wanted to share some news with my fellow E90'rs.

I'm finalizing paperwork on a new order:

Pick up in Munich at the new BMW Welt in early December (final date tbd) under the European Delivery Program with statesside delivery at BMW's Performance Center (Performance Center Delivery) in South Carolina.

Car: 335i E90. I haven't finalized the specs (I suspect many changes lol). Also pending changes to the MY2008 production batch. My CA will have to work out the order timing.

So far...

Montego Blue/Black/Aluminum 6MT

Sport Package, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Rear PDC, Heated Seats and Comfort Access.

Skipping i-drive...not sure if its worth the extra 2k. Also skipping steptronic and sports paddles.

Clipboard02.jpg

Everything is about $41k out the door, including taxes, everything in!!. Getting a great discount ( I made some referrals to the dealership ). Plus as a BMWCCA member in good standing, BMW NA will cut me a check for $500 on the new 3.

I'm quite pumped about it, I have half a year to plan this dream trip. That's what this is, a dream trip :) A last hurrah before planned parenthood maybe next year...its time to think about having kids :rolleyes:

So far the plan is to fly into Munich and pick up, do the BMW factory tour, drive up to Stuttgart and Ingolstaldt to visit the MB, Porsche and Audi museums and then maybe to Austria. Then onto France with a stop in Paris and then off to London (rendezvous with my family, visit cousin). While I'm there, I'll drive up Wales (we have a friend somewhere there) then up to Scotland and back to London where I'll drop off the car for shipping home.

Yeah autobahn driving! Should I venture on to the nordchleife?? Once paperwork is in, I'll look into the possibility of getting a ride in the M5 'Ring Taxi with Sabine.

I'll also try to plan a meet up with some BCM and e90post members in the UK and France. That'd be awesome!

Lots of details to plan, for a week's trip. Also need to tighten belts until then :p Unfortunately, that also means I won't be going back anytime soon :(

Hope the weather doesn't turn too nasty, I'll be on summer performance tires :eek:

Will plan a multi-media detailed coverage/trip notes to share with you all....

Suggestions on what to do, centering the above proposed trip itinerary will be greatly appreciated. Also, tips on overnight garage parking in and around marble arch, London and Paris as well. I know a lot of you are familiar with London.

Zoggee;217121 said:
KL2DC...

wow..!!!

Thnx, I'm pretty psyched about it...I've dreamt of this for years and finally in some position to pull the trigger on it. Plus to combine Euro Delivery and Performance Center Delivery is the ultimate BMW experience I think...getting my money's worth :p

I figured you'd be the one to push me to try out the nordschleife lol I don't know if I have the balls for it, in a new car no less. I've done the GT4 runs on it but real life is different. We'll see...

energy;216407 said:
Hi All,
I am thinking of buying either a pre-owned E90 BMW 325i (if I can find a suitable one) or a MK V VW Golf GTI. The GTI cost SGD 113k from Sporean Parallel Importers, 1-2 year old BMW E90 325i is about SGD 150k (New e90 325i is about SGD 168k after 10k fren fren discount from PML).
What do you think? Buying Golf from PI, resale value, maintenance and availability of spare parts. I used to drive a E46 318i and then E46 325i for more more than 7 years :(

Please advice.

eNerGy.

Hi Energy,
I've a Golf GTI mkV since january which my wife uses. I just recently bought a e90 330i for myself. I terms of power, torque n pick up, my 330 cannot compare to the GTI. The DSG gearbox is simply amazing n the 'farting' sound it produces during gear change is nice. Its realy fast at all speed, even at 180 km/h n u step on it, the car jumps forward easily & effortless till 210k/h. tops at 250 km/h. very agile due to its size & very good at corners too. In town, it will take an M3 to catch it. On highway, i've yet to compare. Will post when we (me & my wife have the time to take it for a spin again). U can drive the GTi slowly, take your kids to school w/out making too much noises (unlike jap rally cars) n when u floor it, u get lots of kick!
Y choose a BMW, fantastic 6 cylinder engine, built quality n comfort. The suspension on the e90 is sorter n less hard ride. Sound of the n52 engine esp above 5krpm is just awesome. very free reving n smooth till redline. Sits 4 ppl comfortably. Finally, a bmw is still a bmw. Its just a different class. Depends what u want but both the cars r just amazing cars.
Maybe that's y i cannot resists by having both of them!!!

Keep me posted on yr decision but whichever u decide, i can assure u that u won't regret it. Cheers

Ken, good write up...are they not apples and oranges though, I don't think you'll see much cross shopping between a GTi and an E90 325i....

Yeah, one's the king of hot hatches and the other the king of sports sedans. They're totally different species and appeal to different driver wishes. Both the best in class though. :cool:

KL2DC, re-your plan, totally awesome and fantastic! :eek: I'm sure there'll be lotsa changes to the spec between now and Dec too, lol. One typo I detected: you said visit the MB museum...didn't you mean the VW museum? You wouldn't want to get an allergic reaction from being near MBs that spoils your France/Chunnel/UK jaunt. :D

Only one word appropriate to describe your plan - GROOVY! :cool:

Oooh someone is gettingan E90 335 soon and Euro delivery (Great). Congrats KL2DC! So thinking of Procede for you new coming baby?

KL2DC;217123 said:
Thnx, I'm pretty psyched about it...I've dreamt of this for years and finally in some position to pull the trigger on it. Plus to combine Euro Delivery and Performance Center Delivery is the ultimate BMW experience I think...getting my money's worth :p

I figured you'd be the one to push me to try out the nordschleife lol I don't know if I have the balls for it, in a new car no less. I've done the GT4 runs on it but real life is different. We'll see...

Bring a camcorder with you,please go to Nurburgring and post it up. That will be the Ultimate things to do with the so call Ultimate Driving.

you'll regret the whole life for not doing it...:D

KL2DC;217110 said:
Car: 335i E90. I haven't finalized the specs (I suspect many changes lol). Also pending changes to the MY2008 production batch. My CA will have to work out the order timing.

So far...

Montego Blue/Black/Aluminum 6MT

Sweet choice KL2DC and yes you do need 4 doors and black interior to ensure the car is 'friendly' with the little one and his/her associated assecories (read stroller, milk basket and milk spillage, big bulky pampers) :D , comes next year but dont worry you will enjoy parenthood. I have a couple of my own but so try my best to limit their participation in the family MPV.

Cheers

KL2DC why not the E92 335i coupe you were dreaming about (space grey/red)? After seeing JPB's E92, its really much more sporty esp with the 335i staggered 18" wheels and sports susp.

The kid rides the wifeys Civic :)

Shucks! I've been wondering of late if I should've just tightened my belt and gone for the E92 335i! That chassis can handle so much more bhp than what my 2.3L can muster!! In 323i guise, it only looks fast but I've been making way for Imprezas and Golf GTis that tiong me. In a 335i, I would've loved to mount a serious challenge!

JPB, its never too late! Can still trade in the 323i for the 335i! With 1.5k on the ODO of the 323i, its still not that big an impact or difference compared to a decision to go with the 335i in the first place :p

E46Fanatic;217361 said:
JPB, its never too late! Can still trade in the 323i for the 335i! With 1.5k on the ODO of the 323i, its still not that big an impact or difference compared to a decision to go with the 335i in the first place :p

Do not mind a 'pre-owned' E92 323i, JPB. PM me and make an offer I cannot refuse:D

Cheers

Schwepps;217169 said:
One typo I detected: you said visit the MB museum...didn't you mean the VW museum?

Snap, you're right, I hear the VW museum's (in Wolfsburg) awesome. I can't fit all of them :eek: They say the Audi one alone warrants a full day's visit...:eek:

Lol, I know what you meant ;) But seriously the MB museum is awesome as well. I might give Porsche a pass, theirs is going extensive renovations.

danc;217197 said:
So thinking of Procede for you new coming baby?

Wife said it first....;) Stay tuned.

Zoggee;217204 said:
That will be the Ultimate things to do with the so call Ultimate Driving.

you'll regret the whole life for not doing it...:D

Yikes, no pressure right....:p I'll definitely look into it, I knew you'd say that :)

Macheet;217327 said:
Sweet choice KL2DC and yes you do need 4 doors and black interior to ensure the car is 'friendly' with the little one and his/her associated assecories (read stroller, milk basket and milk spillage, big bulky pampers)

You're scaring me :eek: lol Yes, that's why the E90 choice, I'd gone with the E91 but a) wife hates wagons (and minivans) and b) no 335i E91 for US yet.

E46Fanatic;217336 said:
KL2DC why not the E92 335i coupe you were dreaming about (space grey/red)?

Yeah don't remind me....I realize that I'm not a strapping bachelor like our friend JP there, those swinging days are over, I have to start thinking about baby seats soon, I hear Recaro has some nice ones :p The new E90 will have plenty of mods, with the price I'm getting I'll have some left over for cool mods. ;) Stay tuned.

Thanks for all the congrats, as David Yong, mentioned I have been yakking about this for a long time.

*I need your help on garage parking in London. I'll be staying in the marble arch area and I'm looking for safe, accessible, and cost effective overnight garage parking*

Damn, LHD driving in London traffic is gonna be a b*tch :eek:

Also tips on roads/places to go for a great drive. I know the welsh countryside would be a treat, still researching the route. I want to go where the Top Gear and Fifth Gear folks go :D

Also, JP...do you guys have a BCM sticker (not the windshield sticker), I want to stick it on Bimmerfest's sign in book at the ED center, you know make a mark for the club.

You guys ah! Oh well... I'm just dreaming lah. In fact, I just committed myself on another condo in Mont Kiara and the unker in me sez my boy racer days are over! I guess I just wait till the car is fully run in and engine loosens up a bit. Just read about the new facelifted 350Z churning out more than 300+ bhp. That would be nice!

Eh, energy, that car is going for about SGD150K which is pretty much down your alley leh...

JP...you decided before that the E92 will not be a boy racer ride for you. Its a complete package, you have a great car...enjoy it.

btw the 323i is 2.5l just like the 325i

Actually even my 325i could handle more power, the N54's power is just too addictive :eek: The taps open at such low revs and the exhaust note is just so stirring...

Top Bottom