BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
For the E90 325i Sports, AB is not offering the deal with 1.38% interest rate from BMW Credit. Apparently its so hot and the waiting list now is until August. Bummer.

Toffeeman;220375 said:
I read the last few messages with interest.

What we have been experienced now ie brain drain is really a mixture of Gen Y issue + the fact that Malaysia increasingly has become an unattractive place to work in. We have been losing out in terms of real wages simply because we have not been competitive. I am sad to observe in the papers that people are worried about strengthening RM because it may make us 'uncompetitive'. If we are good in terms of productivity and quality, we should not be worried about currency movement. Had I been say 10 years younger, I would have also done the same thing as those guys in the late 20s now - move out of Malaysia.

Anyway, back to more 'interesting' topic - ie the E90. I am still working out when is the best time to replace my E46. My ideal time frame is next year, but I am worried that AB/BMW Malaysia may replace the current 325 with 3.0 litre detuned engine. Do you think this will happen? Thoughts and views?

:D

Personally, I dont think BMW will release any detuned engines in Malaysia but rather better performance engines in the future as the quality of the petrol/diesel offered locally improves to an acceptable level. That being said, the first batch 3.0 valvetronic engine was quoted at 258bhp, now in the new X5 the engine is pushing out 272bhp! :)

E46Fanatic;220389 said:
For the E90 325i Sports, AB is not offering the deal with 1.38% interest rate from BMW Credit. Apparently its so hot and the waiting list now is until August. Bummer.

Don't I know it! Still no sign of mine which was promised in May! :( Luckily I'm not in dire need of a car...

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the long absence, was back in KL for a week, called PB and E46F but both busy. Anyway, flew to US from KL and will be back in kiasuland soon. Will most probably not buy any car soon as I will be posted to Tokyo for 6-12 months. May buy a car in Japan and import it back to Spore. What do you think huh?
E46 and PB, where are the pics of your rides?

energy

I noticed that my 323i engine has loosened up quite materially over the last few days after passing the 2,000 kms mark. I'm not sure if this is a momentary thing with better fuel "quality" or that the BMW is so high tech till it unleashes its full potential only after run-in. In any event, it's a lot more satisfactory to drive with decent pick-up and overtaking abilities. The enhanced 190 bhp and 230 Nm of torque in the E92 323i (compared to 523i's 177 bhp) is a welcomed enhancement, its very refined and got that exta ooomph at lower rpm ranges. I do admit though that as Albundy said, it's still a poser with redline at 6,500 rpms. It climbs nicely to that level but stops short of where the 325i would take-off. I bemoan the fact that the E92 in Malaysia didn't come in 325i guise which if only priced at RM20k to RM30k more, would have been a nice option for motorheads like me who would have wanted more than just a "poser". As it is, a Golf GT with 1.4 litre engine would still cream me with 7.7 secs sprint time.

I contemplating doing a precautionary oil change between now (2.4k and 5k kms). The scheduled one is 9k kms, but I am unsure if I should stick to it as:

1) the car was manufactured in Aug 2005. IF the oil hasn't been changed since, its not good la. However, the OBC has the estimated date of change at 9k kms for sometime sept 2007.. so my guess is that AB might have given the car an oil change already during the PDI or just reset the oil service dates

2) Might be a good thing to just to the precautionary oil change anyway.

Any of you guys got this done ~5k kms?

E46Fanatic;220936 said:
I
2) Might be a good thing to just to the precautionary oil change anyway.

Any of you guys got this done ~5k kms?

E46F, there is no right and wrong answer for this sorta thing. If you want to have a more warm feeling go for it but in my case I waited for the 10k free service/top-up and saved RM460/ in the process.

Cheers

Macheet;220981 said:
E46F, there is no right and wrong answer for this sorta thing. If you want to have a more warm feeling go for it but in my case I waited for the 10k free service/top-up and saved RM460/ in the process.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback... I'm trying to avoid premature wear caused by degraded engine oil (our cars sat out a pretty long time in the ship to KL and in Port Klang). I'd probably skip the precautionary oil change if I found out that AB already did a oil change during PDI.

BTW, did BMW every get back to you on what caused the problems with excessive oil burn on your old engine? I hope its not due to the unique situation our cars went through early on in its life :)

Macheet, if possible do let me know who u dealt with in AB Glenmarie on your engine oil case. Thanks.

David Yong;221218 said:
Macheet, if possible do let me know who u dealt with in AB Glenmarie on your engine oil case. Thanks.

David, just PM'ed you the SA details.

Cheers

E46,

From what I know, all the "stuck in port klang" E90 were give an oil change before they were sold. Best if you check with your sales person and insist that you see the invoice slip from AB to BMW malaysia. In the invoice see what are the items that they have changed. usually, oil, battery, wipers, top up fluids, brakes etc. Byut if will depend on the condition of the car so each car may differ a little. I had to kick up a fuss before I picked up my car as according to AB it is not their "policy" to show that invoice. Sometimes I don't know what is AB thinking.

Thanks for the info Danc. I noticed all the rubber seals are new, but my wiper blades were the only bits of tell tale sign that the car endured much hardship during its life in Port Klang. I was coated with a thick crunchy layer of dirt on the top (scary thought on how the cars would have looked rolling out from the holding area heh). The rest of car had no tell tale signs at all, even the creases between say headlamps, tailights and bumper, grill gaps etc is spotless. I suspect that all our cars went to through a meticulous detailing process before delivery.

My car however did not come with the Pirellis and was still shod on the 05 RE050A. I found slight cut marks on 2 tyres during my first wash and AB has sinced replaced it with 2 new RE050A's. I find the RE050A hard, and would be good to ride in one of your Pirelli shod cars during our next meetup to do the "butt test" on which is more comfy.

Hello chaps. Ive just gotten back from Dubai after 10 long days. Seems that the 3 & 5 series are not very popular there. Saw loads of 6's and 7's though & boy were they hot!

On a sad note, my rear right bumper has well, been "bumped". Wifey claims "it wasnt her fault" of course :) Mileage now reads 84955.

Sent the car to AB sungai besi and had the steering hose changed. Unfortunately, the Steering pump was also leaking. Both changed in a day, but steering still feels heavy. Also was informed that the brakes are giving way. Was adviced to change all discs. Does that sound plausible ?

Cheers.

Hi Bimmer910, perhaps they are refering to changing the disk pads instead of the discs? At 85,000km, the pads would probably need to be changed.

Agree abt the harder ride on the REs. The RFT Pirellis are softer but I think I found the Conti even more pliant when I was using the loaner from AB.

Top Bottom