BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Cbu Ckd

hi guys,
what are the main differences between the CBU and current CKDs? Mine is a 2005 model from Germany which doesnt have much. It didnt come with the i-drive or a screen. Also, the seats have to be manually adjusted. My cars head lamps are clear, while the new ones seem to have orange signals. ALso, ive got front parking sensors which are quite useful.
Looking fwd to hearing what the new e-90s have.
Thanks.

p.s. the steering is heavy. do the run flats have anything to do with that? if i change them to normal tyres, what about the spare?

I sometimes accidentally release the trunk when pulling out the key from the dash. Wondering if this would help. Found it on E90post, and its an orignal BMW part which looks nice. Anyone of you using it yet?

attachment.php

attachment.php

E46Fanatic;215617 said:
Ah thanks for the verification. My sales lady told me this during delivery of my car. As for the rear foldable seats, there should be 2 release latches in the trunk near the parcel shelf where the speakers are. Also can't miss the gap separating the rear seat back rest :)

Yup, I have checked mine and it's with the rear foldable seats function.

E46Fanatic;215668 said:
I sometimes accidentally release the trunk when pulling out the key from the dash. Wondering if this would help. Found it on E90post, and its an orignal BMW part which looks nice. Anyone of you using it yet?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I saw this over the internet and at e90post but I guess it's not in town yet. Dun think so AB or any accessories shop would have it yet. I think this is very good and I'm sure to get it if it's available.

Bimmer910;215659 said:
hi guys,
what are the main differences between the CBU and current CKDs? Mine is a 2005 model from Germany which doesnt have much. It didnt come with the i-drive or a screen. Also, the seats have to be manually adjusted. My cars head lamps are clear, while the new ones seem to have orange signals. ALso, ive got front parking sensors which are quite useful.
Thanks.

p.s. the steering is heavy. do the run flats have anything to do with that? if i change them to normal tyres, what about the spare?

Congrats on your new ride :)

Both CBU & CKD e90 except for the Sports Edition are without iDrive. Only the Sports model are with iDrive.

I am surprise that your seats need to be adjusted manually. Both CKD & CBU are with the electronic memory seat for driver side and electronic seat for passenger side. How could it be manual ?? Even the e46 325i is with this function.

PDC is standard in all e90. PDC covers front & rear parking sensor.

Bimmer910;215659 said:
hi guys,
Thanks.

Seems like you have the CBU 320i, which uses manual adjusted seats just like mine. Unfortunately, the specifications of the 320i that were imported by BMW Malaysia is quite low (i.e. no electronic adjusted seats :rolleyes:)

For the CKD 320i's there is the basic model which is basically similar to our CBU E90 320i in terms of specification, and the 320i SE which will come with electronic seats, etc.

The heavy steering has nothing to do with RFTs. All BMW's are designed and tuned to have more heft in the steering, to have more steering feedback, and improved driving dynamics, as compared to other makes (i.e. general Jap cars). This is actually one of the reasons why people buy BMW's.

Since all E90s come with RFT's they don't come with any spares. If you change to normal tyres, you can get some of those puncture repair kits. One of the service advisors from AB also told me they can modify the boot space to accomodate a spare-tyre, but you will need to ask them for more details. :)

David Yong;215784 said:
Yup, I have checked mine and it's with the rear foldable seats function.

Wow thats cool. The one I saw in the showroom didn't have it... Hmm.. Coupled with the fact that JPB's loaner CKD E90 325i didnt come with ground control lights... you sure yours is CKD? heh

So the theory holds true. Our club's most eligible bachelor is not so eligible anymore, as I found out a few minutes ago from JPB himself. Looks like the E92 with M sports suspension and 18's staggered wheel setup did its thing. Not even 2 months! LOL

CBU e90

rookie;215803 said:
Seems like you have the CBU 320i, which uses manual adjusted seats just like mine. Unfortunately, the specifications of the 320i that were imported by BMW Malaysia is quite low (i.e. no electronic adjusted seats :rolleyes:)

For the CKD 320i's there is the basic model which is basically similar to our CBU E90 320i in terms of specification, and the 320i SE which will come with electronic seats, etc.

The heavy steering has nothing to do with RFTs. All BMW's are designed and tuned to have more heft in the steering, to have more steering feedback, and improved driving dynamics, as compared to other makes (i.e. general Jap cars). This is actually one of the reasons why people buy BMW's.

Since all E90s come with RFT's they don't come with any spares. If you change to normal tyres, you can get some of those puncture repair kits. One of the service advisors from AB also told me they can modify the boot space to accomodate a spare-tyre, but you will need to ask them for more details. :)

Thanks rookie. Too bad i was unaware of the obvious "lower" specs when i purchased it. Seems like the CKDs have got all the additional comforts.

Also lacking on my 05' are the following :
1. auto-cruise
2. folding side mirrors
3. the cbu only has 6 speakers.
4. came with the lowest grade 16" rims.

I feel that the runflats make cornering all the more difficult. I was reading a thread that suggested it was due to the fact they are heavier than normal tyres. comments ?

E46Fanatic;215822 said:
So the theory holds true. Our club's most eligible bachelor is not so eligible anymore, as I found out a few minutes ago from JPB himself. Looks like the E92 with M sports suspension and 18's staggered wheel setup did its thing. Not even 2 months! LOL

Heh, then E92 was a wrong choice. Baby seat will probably be needed in 2008 and very inconvenient in a koopay. :rolleyes:

Bimmer910;215824 said:
Thanks rookie. Too bad i was unaware of the obvious "lower" specs when i purchased it. Seems like the CKDs have got all the additional comforts.

If you don't mind my asking, where from did you get this CBU? Not AB or SA surely since the spec is different... :confused:

E46Fanatic;215810 said:
Wow thats cool. The one I saw in the showroom didn't have it... Hmm.. Coupled with the fact that JPB's loaner CKD E90 325i didnt come with ground control lights... you sure yours is CKD? heh

Yeah... mine is definitely a CKD :)

Bimmer910;215824 said:

Also lacking on my 05' are the following :
1. auto-cruise
2. folding side mirrors
3. the cbu only has 6 speakers.
4. came with the lowest grade 16" rims.

I feel that the runflats make cornering all the more difficult. I was reading a thread that suggested it was due to the fact they are heavier than normal tyres. comments ?

Yes the 320i SE CKD will have more creature comforts. I don't have all the items in your list either since I too have the 2005 CBU 320i.

Actually the E90 suspension and chasis setup is supposed to be tuned for RFTs, so the car should be more sure-footed during cornering. One thing's for sure, they are sure are damn bumpy in our M'sian roads :(. I found that tyre pressure was important to make the ride "better" and I make sure I have 32psi in the fronts and 35psi in the rears. I felt the ride was more bearable, but I guess this is a personal opinion.

Schwepps;215841 said:
If you don't mind my asking, where from did you get this CBU? Not AB or SA surely since the spec is different... :confused:

That's how the CBU E90 320i were spec'ed and sold by AB back in 2005 when they launched the E90.

danc;215543 said:
325xi,

Please let us know your experience w the Conti. Are they any better than Bridge?

Thanks

danc,

I can say 100% improvement!! My car is like new again.

David Yong;215788 said:
I saw this over the internet and at e90post but I guess it's not in town yet. Dun think so AB or any accessories shop would have it yet. I think this is very good and I'm sure to get it if it's available.

I recall KL2DC posting about this not so long ago that it was only available in the US recently. Guess it would be sometime b4 it reaches our shores. It's BMW OEM rite?

Just a quick update on my E92. The M-Sports suspension has started to improve nicely, it's less bumpier and more sure footed. I dare say the E92 in lowered set-up handles even better than the E90 325i, which is to me, a remarkable achievement. With the better handling, I'm yearning for more power and sometimes wonder if I should've just taken the plunge and got myself an E92 335i. Shucks!

It's nice though that the E92 is still so freaking rare on our local roads! As a result, I seem to be "attracting" more car jockeys than chicks! Shucks!!

Juan Powerblow;216020 said:
It's nice though that the E92 is still so freaking rare on our local roads! As a result, I seem to be "attracting" more car jockeys than chicks! Shucks!!

Hahaha.... attracting the wrong crowd :eek:

Hi All,
I am thinking of buying either a pre-owned E90 BMW 325i (if I can find a suitable one) or a MK V VW Golf GTI. The GTI cost SGD 113k from Sporean Parallel Importers, 1-2 year old BMW E90 325i is about SGD 150k (New e90 325i is about SGD 168k after 10k fren fren discount from PML).
What do you think? Buying Golf from PI, resale value, maintenance and availability of spare parts. I used to drive a E46 318i and then E46 325i for more more than 7 years :(

Please advice.

eNerGy.

energy,

I wouldn't discount the Golf GTi. It's one heck of a car to drive and rides pretty well too. The force induction engine is NICE and I just love the DSG. Only take is you may want to get it from a source that provides good after sales support. All these conti cars,.... well you know where I am coming from.

If you are into tuning, the Golf is to die for!

Top Bottom