BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I spent 5 hours at the workshop today. Was pretty glad to have some company, including 2 forumers! Got my MSports suspension and 18" staggered rims and tyres! I like the new look, esp how the the sports suspension has lowered the car quite a bit to remove that gapping "hole" that used to be there with my 17"s and stock suspension. In fact, the E92 would have looked even nicer with bigger wheels i.e. 19" or 20"s. I bemoaned the noticeable deterioration in ride though! But after discussing with E46F, we think this might have more to do with the new 18" Potenzas RFTs compared to the CSC RFTs I swapped away. I had a ride in Simon's car (the Obermaier boss) and was amazed, mesmerized at how well his KWs soaked up bumps and road imperfections despite being shod with 20" wheels on his E90 325i Sport. The deterioration in pick-up wasn't too apparent though. I've got some issue with the steering. It's just not as good as the E90 325i stock I used for a month earlier. I'm gonna give it another day or two to assess the MSports. If I can't bear it any longer, I might get the KWs instead. Next endeavor, I'm getting tinting done on Monday morning, and then polishing my interior! Oh, I'm also going back to AB to try to adjust the steering. It would be nice if it's tighter!

JP can't wait for the pics. What wheels did you get?

As discussed before, KW V2 and V3 rides surprisingly well (with the right settings) despite the lower ride height.

How much was the M-Sports suspension parts/install.

Yeah JPB, how much you did for the M-Sports Suspension ? Pls help to check how much is the KW & where to do it. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Total price for my MSports suspension, 18" Type 189 rims with staggered Potenza SO5 tyres, all barely a day to a week old amounted to RM7K! I have to thank 2 forumers here who helped me sourced these stuff at fren fren prices. If I've gotten 'em from AB, the price would have been almost RM20K. The KW V2 is about RM7.5K but I was just told there's a new KW called V1 is about RM6K or less. Simon of Obermaier told me the V1 is almost as good as the V2 and it's great value for money. His shipment of V1s are coming in this Wednesday.

Danc, the E92 323i comes with Active Steering but mine doesn't seem to be set up properly i.e. doesn't tighten and not as direct as my prior E90 loaner. I'm hoping it just needs minor adjustment which I'm planning to do in AB tomorrow.

I wanted to take some picts today cos my car was looking darn gorgeous in the sunlight today with the lowered stance and pronouncely stretched rims!! It was getting quite a lot of stares and didn't look shaded at all by the CLS350 parked next to it. The latter cost more than twice the price (Kleesnman kitted version). Inspired by KL2DC, I de-badged the bugger yesterday and I guess not many ppl know it's just a 3-series koo-pay after all. Wonder if I can con some damsel that it's the new 9-series? I don't fink so....

Yeah debadge is the way to go, nothing like a clean hot ass :p

Wow 7.5k ain't bad for all that stuff and install. Well done!

Good call on the 189s, they fit the coupe's lines well. Some 12mm to 15mm spacers out back wouldn't hurt.

Also I'd look into upgrading the fog light bulbs and the angel eyes bulbs as cheap mods.

I'd go with the KW V2 over the V1, more adjustability for only 1k more.

Can't wait for those pics :)

Oh yeah. I'm considering changing the angel light and fog light bulbs as the next mods. It would look great and well-matched with my paint colour for the lights to be "whiter". In fact, I wished the Xenons is also whiter!

JP, D1S bulbs in 6000K with matching fog bulbs and angel eyes would look great with your arktis. It would be just the right shade of hyperwhite (bluish tinge). For reference, OEM is 4350K (Sunlight white - hints of yellow).

Yes JP, please do share with us on the pics, the suspense is killing us. :D Before and after pics would be the best. Nice mods with nice prices as well. Do you have lubang for more of these deals? ;)

Juan Powerblow;210633 said:
But after discussing with E46F, we think this might have more to do with the new 18" Potenzas RFTs compared to the CSC RFTs I swapped away. I had a ride in Simon's car (the Obermaier boss) and was amazed, mesmerized at how well his KWs soaked up bumps and road imperfections despite being shod with 20" wheels on his E90 325i Sport. The deterioration in pick-up wasn't too apparent though. I've got some issue with the steering. It's just not as good as the E90 325i stock I used for a month earlier. I'm gonna give it another day or two to assess the MSports. If I can't bear it any longer, I might get the KWs instead. Next endeavor, I'm getting tinting done on Monday morning, and then polishing my interior! Oh, I'm also going back to AB to try to adjust the steering. It would be nice if it's tighter!

JPB, perhaps you should gotten the Michelin Pilot Primacy Zero Pressure RFTs. I am trying it out now, and its so much better than the CCS RFTs.:)

I'm stuck at the workshop now keeping an eye on the tinting. The V Kool Elite I'm putting on seem to match the Arktis too. Hence, I'm getting really tempted to change the bulbs and would appreciate any recommendations on where and for how much I can geddit done.

Correction on my tyres! The ones I got now are Bridgestone Potenza RE50As and now that I've spoken to more sifus including the proprietor for KWs, the RFTs looks like the most culpable for the deterioration in ride. I think I can live with it for now but would certainly consider non-RFTs when the time comes for tyre change.

Yeah, you should retain your RFT now for a couple of months and then only switch out to non RFT. Then you can truly feel the difference between RFT and non RFT and you will definitely appreciate your ride more :)

On another note on the HID bulbs, I have checked around for the 8,000K HID (D1S) but couldn't find one in the market. So if any of you guys know where to get it, do let me know too.

This is the second day I've spent most part of the day holed up in some workshop. After the V Kool, I went to Imola Auto Spa to condition my leather and wow, just after barely a week, the leather had dirtied so much that after the conditioning I noticed a vast change in colour akin to the one I saw when I first collected the car! It just shows how much the jade grey is prone to dirt! It's gonna be quite a pain to maintain and looks like a high price to look hiaww!

Disaster struck when part of my V Kool re passenger side window peeled off. I questioned the car detailing guy but he was very sure he didn't touch it but offered to compensate for repair. I suspect it was the auto winding window. In the E92, the windows wind down a little every time you open the door. I guess cos it's "frameless", this is to protect glass from the impact of closing the door. I haven't quite fully checked but I understand from another E92 owner this can't be switched off.

Anyways, the V Kool guy who did my car claims he had compensated for this when he installed the stuff cos he's done a lot of Minis which also have this feature. It's too bad though the V Kool contractor didn't have spare material and I can only geddit fixed on Wednesday. Shame!

As ever, brake dust is a real pwobwem. My new rims look awesome when it's squeaky clean but cos of its design, the brake dusts can look much more apparent than in narrower spoked rims.

I think I'm gonna land up bathing my car more often than myself!

Juan Powerblow;210915 said:
Disaster struck when part of my V Kool re passenger side window peeled off. I questioned the car detailing guy but he was very sure he didn't touch it but offered to compensate for repair. I suspect it was the auto winding window. In the E92, the windows wind down a little every time you open the door. I guess cos it's "frameless", this is to protect glass from the impact of closing the door. I haven't quite fully checked but I understand from another E92 owner this can't be switched off.

I think I'm gonna land up bathing my car more often than myself!

Tell the V-Kool installer to try and use a dryer. Thats what my tint installer did.:)

ALBundy;210919 said:
Tell the V-Kool installer to try and use a dryer. Thats what my tint installer did.:)

Thanks bro! I'm gonna make sure he do that when the repair is done. I think it was a rush job cos he had another E92 to do after mine. I wished I was conscientious enough to get him to dry pwopwery b4 I drove off. Sam Tung lah!

Well, unless you can stop fetching hot babes in your ride for the next 3-4 days then no need to use a dryer la. :p :p :D

Top Bottom