BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Energy, so how? Got test drive E90 kao kao oredi onot? Maybe you need to come back KL to do it cos Spore got so few good roads and lots of speed cameras, heheh!

JP,

Well, at least the 189's are pretty straightforward to clean compared to other multi-spoke wheels. What you want to do is apply some wheelwax on the wheels to make them easier to clean each and every time. I've seen others use regular wax but wheelwax and similar has a special formulation to withstand high temperatures generated to prevent caking.

You have to mind what you're wearing with jade grey (and lemon)....so stop wearing your 1980s style Eddie Murphy black leather pants lol :p

Seriously, things like wet blue jeans and such are a big no no. Your safe bet, drive naked :D Applies equally to your female passengers, tell them its the leather seats :p

Regular use of quality leather cleaner and conditioner should be de rigeur. You'll be alright, man.

Thanks KL2DC. Great invaluable advice as alwiz. The wheels are certainly easier to clean but only looks its best when absolutely clean. I've resorted to cleaning it everyday and my friends think I'm quite anal for doing that! One guy farted in my car today and I almost threw him out if it wasn't for the fact he's my best fren!

The engine is beginning to loosen up nicely! There's more low range purposeful torque, linear all the way to 3,500 rpms! Still running in lah with only 350 kms! Hahaha! The soundtrack too is improving from being a tad mechanical to throaty smooth like in the 325i.

I think the suspension is also feeling a bit better after lowering the tire pressure. I'm now doing a conservative 32 psi at the front and 35 at the rear. It's soaking the smaller bumps and road strips a bit better. I feel the rear should in fact be lower a bit and wonder if I need to get more fellas to sit at the back.

Just on one last note, Imola Auto Spa in Sri Hartamas did a good wax and polish job on my car and I would recommend 'em. They only use Meguiars and the polish turned out to be pretty evens stevens with wax lasting appropriately. They did claying (using Meguiars clay), wax, polish and leather, vinyl conditioning for RM200-00 (which they said was a special price). I think that was pretty cheap!

Juan Powerblow;211067 said:
One guy farted in my car today and I almost threw him out if it wasn't for the fact he's my best fren!

I certainly hope he didn't leave skidmarks behind! :p

Just keep a bottle of leather cleaner/conditioner and MF towel handy in the trunk. Actually, keep a bottle of QD as well, you never know.

Juan Powerblow;210951 said:
Energy, so how? Got test drive E90 kao kao oredi onot? Maybe you need to come back KL to do it cos Spore got so few good roads and lots of speed cameras, heheh!

Will be coming back this weekend to complete the transfer process of my old e46 325i to the new owner :(
Got a quotation from a parallel importer in Spore for a new RX8 from Japan with 6speed autobox, factory leather seats, Sat Nav with DVD, 18" and Sun Roof will cost SDG$118K! For that price, I should consider the Lexus IS250 :confused:

What do you think?

Juan Powerblow;211067 said:
I've resorted to cleaning it everyday and my friends think I'm quite anal for doing that!

Hahaha! I think I agree with them :) JPB, you're a funny gay....GUY!....guy... :D
You're incessantly cleaning your new tool. I mean, how does it actually drive? How does it compare with the 325i, besides look better? :D

Brunch at Souled Out? Erm...I didn't even know SO did brunch. I'll be there to kepoh :)

I promise to shower first and wear clean clothes. Tell Fred not to serve baked beans for brunch. You don't want a dozen guys farting around E-Ninety-Twoey...the pollution might get absorbed into the paint. :D

1) Juan Powerblow
2) E46F
3) David Yong
4) Dannis
5) Cobra Kai
6) Rookie
7) Schwepps (not qualified yet but will gatecrash)

David, how'd the advanced driving course go? What did they teach you? Where? Good value?

energy, I'm not a big fan of owning the RX8. Its a hoot to drive and all but the rotary's constant thirst for dino-juice worries me. Iirc the auto box is mated to the lower state tune of the renesis, besides you'd need the 6MT to get the best of the engine.

Schwepps;211150 said:
David, how'd the advanced driving course go? What did they teach you? Where? Good value?

Very good. Have a lot of fun. Did a lot of things on the car that I have never did it before or would never do it using my own car. Training is with e90 325i at the Sepang Circuit. There are 10 training cars with 20 participants. Basically 2 participants in each car. All instructions by instructors are via a piece of walkie-talkie in the training cars.

Our ALBundy start off the day with a 30 minutes presentation explaining the purpose of the training and then straightaway we all head to the training ground. The training covers; right steering tactic, right braking, how to brake, steer & avoid, how to do and prevent understeer & oversteered, how to do emergency lane changing and finally slaloms competition for the participants. Good news is I got the first prize for the slaloms competition :)

Oh yeah, last event was we were given the opportunity to go into the track with the instructors. Of course they are the drivers and we as participants just sit inside to have a feel on how it is running on e90 325i on Sepang Circuit :) This is wonderful man.

On overall.... it's a good training and my personal opinion is everyone should attend such training. It will be much better for those who owns a BMW to attend this training. You will learn better driving skills and of course learn more about your car characteristics especially if you are driving a bimmer.

Sounds good, David! :)

Was the training done in the pit parking lot? Too bad they didn't allow a spin on the racetrack. Did they go round the full circuit and what were the speeds on the straights and fast corners? How much did it cost you?

Polished and Waxed

Had sometime on my hand this recent hols. So decided to repolish and wax my car. (I do it every 6 months) Really sweated like crazy, took me at least 8 hrs in total from wash to seal/wax. Happy with it. Good exercise and my car is good for the next 6 months. Attaching a photo here. Sorry about the pic quality as I only had my mobile phone camera at that time.

KL2DC,

Urrrr, cant seem to figure how top post there, can you help?

TQ!

Schwepps;211183 said:
Sounds good, David! :)

Was the training done in the pit parking lot? Too bad they didn't allow a spin on the racetrack. Did they go round the full circuit and what were the speeds on the straights and fast corners? How much did it cost you?

Yeap, it's full circuit and at straights the speed 210 km/h and corners at 180 km/h, if I remember correctly :)

Schwepps;211149 said:
Hahaha! I think I agree with them :) JPB, you're a funny gay....GUY!....guy... :D
You're incessantly cleaning your new tool. I mean, how does it actually drive? How does it compare with the 325i, besides look better? :D

Brunch at Souled Out? Erm...I didn't even know SO did brunch. I'll be there to kepoh :)

I promise to shower first and wear clean clothes. Tell Fred not to serve baked beans for brunch. You don't want a dozen guys farting around E-Ninety-Twoey...the pollution might get absorbed into the paint. :D

1) Juan Powerblow
2) E46F
3) David Yong
4) Dannis
5) Cobra Kai
6) Rookie
7) Schwepps (not qualified yet but will gatecrash)

Hey, I've written quite a lot about the comparison with E90 325i. If I can point out the most important difference, it is this. The E90 325i is overtly sportier to drive with a far stronger and meatier mid-range and I think the steering has been tuned for more "directness". My E92 seems a tad "smoother" in terms of engine output as well as steering response. I don't miss the stronger output in the 218 bhp E90 325i that much though, I guess this could be more down to having been psychologically prepped to accept the lower output. However, in comparison to the E46 325i, I think the E92 is still light years ahead in terms of handling, road feel, steering response and balance. This is not due to any deficiency on the part of the E46, it's just BMW doing a great job with the evolutionary advancement of the new model as always!

You're more than welcomed to join us! I think to most of us you're already very much part of the E90 gang!

If I could add to JP, the E92's seating position is a touch lower/different than on the sedan. It does add somewhat to the sportier nature of the coupe.

The other differences as highlighted by our esteem E92 driver is attributable to suspension settings and active steering vs standard steering as well as the full tune of the N52B25 in the 325i Sport.

Juan Powerblow;211261 said:
My E92 seems a tad "smoother" in terms of engine output as well as steering response.

That sounds right I suppose...a bit more of a cruiser with sex appeal. Sounds right for you too. ;)

Look forward to meeting you guys! :p

Top Bottom