BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
David Yong;211238 said:
Yeap, it's full circuit and at straights the speed 210 km/h and corners at 180 km/h, if I remember correctly :)

Hey David, glad you are happy with the the training. Hope you are still practising the things that you were taught :) Actually, the interesting part is at Turns 5&6 where the 50:50 weight distribution of the E90 allows the driver to full throttle the car. Hope you enjoyed the taxi ride. Some pictures for you kekeke:D

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

I should have continue sitting in the car for another second time on the track, just like what our fren Azlan did :)

I just spent the best part of this lovely Saturday afternoon re-conditioning and polishing my interior (as a protective measure) and doing a quik detailing. It was tiring like crap! I wished I can train my pet to do that. Perhaps at the next leap of evolution in the new millenia when gorillas can make pizzas! I can't feel my right arm now.

I must say that quik detailing was a fulfilling endeavor though. The finish seems like the car has just be re-waxed and polished. I'm wondering how often should I do this as a best practice?

My E92's engine continues to loosen up nicely and sometimes I even forget it's not a 325i cos it feels so much like one. I wonder once this new engine is fitted in a 523i, would it be worth it to spend so much more on a 525i? Just one thing tho, I'm getting very gatal to go beyond the 3,500 rpms I've been restricting myself even tho the car has just done 700 kms. This morning bout 4 am, I was at the front of the lights with an RX8 and he must have been surprised with no other cars around, I didn't try to make something out of it. Oh well, I guess not wif me julie by my side at least... On another nite when I'm driving on my own perhaps! Yet again, that RX8 better be an auto.

hi, new to the forum. any idea y is the power n torgue slightly higher in the e92 330i compared to e90 330i? don't they both share the same engine? cheers

ken;211806 said:
hi, new to the forum. any idea y is the power n torgue slightly higher in the e92 330i compared to e90 330i? don't they both share the same engine? cheers

Hi ken, welcome to our e90 community.

The E92 330i (I'm assuming as newly found in the european market) has a different engine code than the E90 330i. I need to confirm with you, iirc...it's using either the new N53 engine (DI, lean burn for more economy and torque) or a tuned iteration of the N52 engine (some alphanumeric code, I forgot).

Juan Powerblow;211801 said:
I must say that quik detailing was a fulfilling endeavor though. The finish seems like the car has just be re-waxed and polished. I'm wondering how often should I do this as a best practice?

IMHO every saturday afternoon would be enough.

I don't do that much quick detailing, as I find the effort about 60% of a wax job, so I'll just do the wax job instead. If you are using an easy to apply and remove quality wax its not hard and intensive and it can be all "kau tim" within 45 mins max (car wash time excluded). Then spend 15 mins admiring the car so, total time = 1 hr :).

E46Fanatic;211997 said:
I don't do that much quick detailing, as I find the effort about 60% of a wax job, so I'll just do the wax job instead. If you are using an easy to apply and remove quality wax its not hard and intensive and it can be all "kau tim" within 45 mins max (car wash time excluded). Then spend 15 mins admiring the car so, total time = 1 hr :).

What would you recommend as the best easy to apply and remove quality wax? Would waxing bring out the shine as well as quik detailing? How much would you charge if I get you to do it for me? :p

Agree w E46, I dont see the point of Quick Detailers, might as well just wax. There are loads of brands out there, u cant go wrong w Meguir or Autoglym in the Msian context. Just make sure you get a good foam applicator and good microfibre cloth. It will make the task soooo much easier.

Cheers,

Its been increasingly hard to find Autoglym products. I used to get my stash from Jusco, but even they have swapped out their stocks with Meguiars. Anyone know where I get get Autoglym these days?

I get my AG stuff from Pg. Heard that you can also get AG from the hardware store in Jaya Super market (not sure what it's called now) and Subang Parade. Have not been to these 2 places fro ages so not sure.

I just kicked-down my engine last night after doing 1,100 kms. Told E46F about it who was quite reprehensive cos it's said in the manual that run-in period is 2,000 kms. I don't remember seeing this in the manual even tho I thot I've read it quite thoroughly.

It's at the higher revs that I miss the 2.5L in the E90 325i the most. My redline is only up to 6,250 rpms compared to 7,000 rpms in the 325i and those extra revs are sorely missed. I guess that's why it takes 8.6 secs to reach 100 kmh compared to 7.7 secs in the 325i.

I was chasing a WRX (what a laff he must have had at this slow E92!) but was at least pleased by how well the M-Sports handled the bends. There was one sweeper which the WRX and I took and for that few seconds it felt like we were taking it at the same speed. Needless to say, once on the straights, the bugger just took off. The M-Sports was well balanced and held the car pretty flat and confidently.

I've shared with some friends here that I'm only baby-sitting this E92 323i for 2 years plus and have to look for a new car then. The impending new 5er model seems like an obvious choice but now I'm contemplating the E92 M3. Heh!

I'm planning to tint VKool 40 all round except front windscreen? VKool wont warranty for samans. wat r the chances of being stopped by JPJ? any comments? cheers

I took my e90 330 for a test run with my wife's mkV golf GTi (stage1 tuned)... we rolled off parallel from the toll plaza.. i can see her pulling away from me n she was only changing gears at 5500 rpm while i was hitting redline 7000rpm. we slowed down after 140km/h due to traffic. we will try again on a longer straight road. i think i'll give me a good challenge at high speed. the GTI is effortless till 210km/h n can hit max 250km/h. As i'm new to the car, i think i'll need to get used to the handling especially with active steering b4 i drag with her again.

ken;213618 said:
I'm planning to tint VKool 40 all round except front windscreen? VKool wont warranty for samans. wat r the chances of being stopped by JPJ? any comments? cheers

Mine is with V-Kool 40 all round and V-Kool Elite on front windscreen. Have been tinted it since last August and mileage now is 21,000 kms and so far never stopped by JPJ! I would recommend you to go for it. V-Kool 40 is much better than the normal Elite. It is not so dark. I will show it to you when we meet up :)

ken;213621 said:
I took my e90 330 for a test run with my wife's mkV golf GTi (stage1 tuned)... we rolled off parallel from the toll plaza.. i can see her pulling away from me n she was only changing gears at 5500 rpm while i was hitting redline 7000rpm. we slowed down after 140km/h due to traffic. we will try again on a longer straight road. i think i'll give me a good challenge at high speed. the GTI is effortless till 210km/h n can hit max 250km/h. As i'm new to the car, i think i'll need to get used to the handling especially with active steering b4 i drag with her again.

The maximum that I have tried mine (e90 325i) was 240 km/h. Not a problem at all. No special modification.

Hi David,
Thanks for the advice. I'll get VKool 40 for sure now. Btw, r u using RFT? the ride is harder right? wat can we do if change to normal tyres? there's no space for a spare tyre at all? can we get a repair kit. i know there's one for mercedes as the e class (W211) doesn't have spare tyre as well. I checked with a dealer n it cost rm700 for the pump n the replacement element is rm250 n only can be used 1 time when there is a puncture.
I'm loving the sound of BMW's straight 6 especially at high rev (5k to 7k rpm).. its soso nice to hear the car scream!!!
wat mods can we do to our N52 engines?

First time I've heard that the E class W211 doesn't have a spare, ken. Try lifting the floorboard in the boot :D

ken;213632 said:
Hi David,
Thanks for the advice. I'll get VKool 40 for sure now. Btw, r u using RFT? the ride is harder right? wat can we do if change to normal tyres? there's no space for a spare tyre at all? can we get a repair kit. i know there's one for mercedes as the e class (W211) doesn't have spare tyre as well. I checked with a dealer n it cost rm700 for the pump n the replacement element is rm250 n only can be used 1 time when there is a puncture.
I'm loving the sound of BMW's straight 6 especially at high rev (5k to 7k rpm).. its soso nice to hear the car scream!!!
wat mods can we do to our N52 engines?

Are u sure that W211 is without a spare tyre ?? I dun think so coz they r not running on RFT.

Anyway, I have switch out from RFT to normal tyres. The ride is much more better. I've changed my 17" stock rims on RFT to 18" rims normal Michelin Pilot Sports 2 (PS2) tyres. The car ride improves so much without the RFT. U will never regret to dump the RFT and change it to normal tyres. Normal tyres cost are much more cheaper than RFT and the ride comfort is also much more better than RFT.

Yes, there r repair kits available in the market but my car is without one yet. Still looking around for it. I am not so worry about this since throughout my years of driving, I had only about 2 or 3 times of tyre puncture and that also happened in city area, so to quickly find a tyre shop to patch it or to find a gas station to pump air to it is not a problem at all. And also our car is equiped with FTM which helps in alerting us whenever there is lost of pressure. Therefore I think it's ok without a spare or repair kit unless we are planning to travel far especially on highway.

I'm not so sure about what type of mods can be done on our engines. Not thinking to do any mods to the engine because it's still under warranty. In fact I dun really like to do modification on car engine. Just prefer to stay original as much as possible. However I might be doing the ECU Flash remap soon. Heard a lot of good things about doing ECU Flash, so thinking to give it a try as this would not void the warranty (AB wouldn't know it if we do ECU Flash) :).

Trust me, David, there is a spare in my W211's wheelwell, flanked by the battery and a jack. ;)

Ken, you're dragging your 330i to red-line within a day of getting it? :eek: Not wise to do that before running it in first, unless yours is pre-owned rather than pre-reg.

Top Bottom