BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Thanks KL2DC! I'll send you the picts soon and wd appreciate if you can help to post it in the forum. The car came at a really bad time for me cos work's been crazy this week! But yes, my trim is the black piano finish with black dash etc. Initially, I was told it's two-toned but the E92 is so rare here that 'em AB fellas don't get know themselves and must have been equally surprised. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. In the end, it all worked well cos the grey leather which looks like white blends pretty well with the Arctic.

Danc, I too was quite surprised the car came with a temp gauge cos I didn't notice this in the E90 loaner I had. It's a relieve cos it gives a lot of comfort.

E46F, the 330i we saw at AB Segambut looked awesome compared to stock. I hate to instigate this but I gotta agree with the rest. 18" staggered wheels and MSports suspension is the way to go, even if it's just for aesthetics. Then, the E90 will truly look athletic as it is persistently being advertised.

I should be putting on MSports and 18" ala 335i Coupe pretty soon. If the RFT is gonna be a problem, well, I'll be taking David's approach. So, just waiting and see.

Oh, VKool is on the cards too. Just got the contact from E46F and will try to see if I can get it cheaper from the same source, heh!

Glad to hear both E46F and JPB are enjoying their new rides. E46F should now change to E90Fanatic!!!

The function where the brakes automatically dries itself in the rain is called Brake on Standby, its part of the Active Safety features. Yours is a 325 M sport?

JPB,

Yr car comes with Piano Black!!!! Isnt tat like a really exclusive trim done by BMW Individual customisation. Wow you lucky b*stard. I have always drooled at the photos with Piano Blacks. Only one caveat,heard that it scratches easily, true? (come to think of it the titanium ones dents and scratches easily too)

I would one day like a chance to meet you and check out your ride.

Gents,
Whats's the difference in using the M-sport and the aftermarket elbach springs?

Danc, I'm not sure if it's the BMW Individual piano black. I doubt it. My mistake. It only looks like it with shiny black and teeny wheeny metallic sparkles. Yes, it looks like it can scratch easily.

JP its the base trim, I forgot the name. But it looks convincingly like Piano Black and that's all that matters :D I'd trade my wood trim out for that...

All E92s come with the oil temperature gauge in place of the 'econo-meter'. All 335is (E90/91/92/93) also come with the oil temperature gauge.

E46F, SG looks dull when its dirty as well. It looks the best, at night, under some petrol station's overhead lights, that's when the sparkly bits come out. In some parking lots, at night, SG looks rich purple. Also in direct sunlight. Its a great color, I have no regrets other than the fact its so darn common now.

JP follow up to your trim question.

Your trim is called diamond schwartz (hence the sparklies), better known as high-gloss black trim or option code 4AT. Its the standard trim in Germany for E92s with leather interior.

High-gloss similar to Individual Piano Black but lacks some depth. Piano Black has 7 layers of lacquer versus High Gloss' 2 layers.

Both are prone to finger prints. High-gloss is somewhat prone to scratches (less clearcoat) so take care.

High-gloss vs Piano Black

High-Gloss
High20Gloss20BlackSmall.jpg

Individual Piano Black
Piano20BlackSmall.jpg

The lustre of Piano Black is more radiant and the black color is deeper than High-gloss. But, as mentioned, they look remarkably similar.

My 1999 E46 318i came with piano black trims, i bought silver ones to replace them. Still for sale. Any E46 owners looking for piano black trims, 7 years old but never used? Wood trims from 325i also available ;)

regards,

eNerGy

ALBundy;210097 said:
Glad to hear both E46F and JPB are enjoying their new rides. E46F should now change to E90Fanatic!!!

The function where the brakes automatically dries itself in the rain is called Brake on Standby, its part of the Active Safety features. Yours is a 325 M sport?

Heard that you are now an official BMW Malaysia driving instructor! I'll be taking lessons from you from the FOC driver training offered with the purchase of the car LOL.

Anyway, mine's not the M Sport (I wish), its the batch of CBU's which was stuck in Port Klang due to AP issues which was cleared last year. There are 2 units left of the unused CBU E90 325i, both in Kuching one TiAG/Black and Arctic/Grey. All the ones in VDC Subang has been snapped up. However, they'll ship it back from Kuching to KL if its bought here and it hasnt been sold there.

E46Fanatic;210302 said:
Heard that you are now an official BMW Malaysia driving instructor! I'll be taking lessons from you from the FOC driver training offered with the purchase of the car LOL.

Anyway, mine's not the M Sport (I wish), its the batch of CBU's which was stuck in Port Klang due to AP issues which was cleared last year. There are 2 units left of the CBU E90 325i, both in Kuching one TiAG/Black and Arctic/Grey. All the ones in VDC Subang has been snapped up. However, they'll ship it back from Kuching to KL if its bought here and it hasnt been sold there.

Oh okie. I will see you in June then, it will be plenty of FUN and at the same time discover the capabilities of the E90! :) The E90 M sport is selling like hot cakes I was told. We were supposed to get the M Sport in June but due to the demand, we will stick with the current batch of E90 325 for the time being.

Cheers.

KL2DC;210208 said:
E46F, SG looks dull when its dirty as well. It looks the best, at night, under some petrol station's overhead lights, that's when the sparkly bits come out. In some parking lots, at night, SG looks rich purple. Also in direct sunlight. Its a great color, I have no regrets other than the fact its so darn common now.

I layered another round of wax on the car this morning, and the SG is starting to look better and better. I am also getting thinner and thinner from all that exercise!!!

ALBundy;210304 said:
Oh okie. I will see you in June then, it will be plenty of FUN and at the same time discover the capabilities of the E90! :) The E90 M sport is selling like hot cakes I was told. We were supposed to get the M Sport in June but due to the demand, we will stick with the current batch of E90 325 for the time being.

Cheers.

I read on the signup form that there is also a session in July? Should I wait for that in anticipation of doing the driver lessons in a brand spanking new E90 325i M sport?

E46Fanatic;210312 said:
I read on the signup form that there is also a session in July? Should I wait for that in anticipation of doing the driver lessons in a brand spanking new E90 325i M sport?

Very unlikely to get the M sport in July. NO idea when we will get it, but based on current demand, perhaps next year the earliest LOL:D :D The current E90 is more than adequate, in fact all of us were very impressed with the driving dynamics of the E90 after spending a good 10 days with it. :)

I'll be attending the Advanced Driver Training on the 1st May 2007 at Sepang Circuit :) Looking forward to learn more on good driving skills and on my e90 325i :)

Thanks KL2DC! I alwiz knew I could count on your input when I get stuck on what's what in an E90! You just spared me hours of tireless research having to find out myself. I'm just wondering, are all CBU E90s from Germany? That's where my E92 came from and I guess some German specs can be expected.

All E92s are ex Regensburg, Bavaria - Germany.

Our cars are made at the same plant :D

E46Fanatic;209851 said:
Just spoke to JPB on the phone and he's at AB Glenmarie now with our saleslady picking up his E92 coupe.... BTW I just completed the vkool elite installation at vkool center in PJ for the car. Managed to get a price of RM1750 through an agent as the AB saleslady was asking for RM2k and said she couldn't match the price of RM1750. If anyone managed to get it done cheaper for vkool elite on the E90, don't tell me LOL.

Anyway, if anyone wants the contact for this agent, you can drop me a PM.

oh o... I get it @ RM1600

Guys, all this price comparison is well and good, but I think ensuring you get the real thing is more important than getting a good price. I've been told by a car salesman that V-Kool is the most imitated of the tint brands due to its premier status. E46F, you did it at the PJ V-Kool centre, so be happy with your RM1,750 price. ;)

Top Bottom