BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i am changing to non runflat but i am sticking to the original tyres make... Potenza re050a... and also i told the tyres i want to up the width of my new tyres he say not advisable..... I want to up it 235 40 18" front and 265 35 18" rear!!!! what do you guys think

beemers, I think you asked me this before. There is a very very slight difference in rotational speed/circumference with those plus zero tire sizes but I don't see a problem. The wheels would definitely take those tires safely.

Shouldn't be any problem beemers3 but I strongly recommend Michelin Pilot Sports 2 (PS2). It's very nice tyres. Soft enough with comfort and yet durable enough for both wet & dry situation :)

David Yong;209172 said:
For those who have not switch their RFT out from their car back to normal tyres..... I strongly advise you to do so.
David - did you get a good trade-in for your 17" wheels and RFTs? I have absolutely no doubt that the RFTs cause the harsh ride on the E90 but am reluctant to switch out without at least trying to get some reasonable trade-in ..... :mad:

How's everyone doing? I'm new to the group (and with BMW too in general) and any help is much appreciated. Before anyone points me with the formalities, please note that I've registered myself on the other list. Received my car about a month ago. Not much complaints except it was very stiff and rides like a horse. On some KL roads, I've been spotted rodeo bull riding and I sh*t you not! Fortunately, I came across your "shipping block" postings. Special thanks to KL2DC, life is less stressful nowadays and I'm beginning to enjoy the UDM ...

Velkum chopee! You missed the main formality which is to introduce yourself in the newbies section... :)

thanks KL2DC, David,
I know what to do now.... Going to change my rims and tyres either this weekend or next.....can't wait to see the transformation..... PS2 are good tyres..... only things is they are very expensive 1300rm a pcs... the re050a is only rm950..... I thought of changing to toyo T1R but since can get good deal from Bridgestone why not!!!!

beemers3,

I can really vouch that Toyos are really good tires. I dare say that they aren't far off from other makes i.e. PS2 etc.

At first I was very scpetical about them until I used their 18 inches for about 35,000km. Good tires and two thumbs up for me.

energy;209223 said:
No worries lar, my Sporean friends travel in and out 2-3 times a week, saved more than SGD10k+ PA on fuel and supplies. Moreover, most Sporeans are like Jinjangs with 1st world country infrastructure. See how they all rush into MRTs before arriving passengers get out of the train. Dont see that in Japan, Korea etc... ;)

Ka Ka Ka. Liked the way u put it

Yep agree with you on that...as the ang moh put it, the hardware of Spore is excellent (infrastructure) but not the software part (people).

Thats why I guess foreigner can still cari makan there.

energy;209223 said:
No worries lar, my Sporean friends travel in and out 2-3 times a week, saved more than SGD10k+ PA on fuel and supplies. Moreover, most Sporeans are like Jinjangs with 1st world country infrastructure. See how they all rush into MRTs before arriving passengers get out of the train. Dont see that in Japan, Korea etc... ;)

Careful now, it wont be long before you'll become one of them LOL. Anyway, its a sad sad thing when Singaporeans sponge off our hard earned tax $$$ used for local fuel subsidies to benefit themselves. Oh well.

Equalizer;209286 said:
David - did you get a good trade-in for your 17" wheels and RFTs? I have absolutely no doubt that the RFTs cause the harsh ride on the E90 but am reluctant to switch out without at least trying to get some reasonable trade-in ..... :mad:

My original 17" is the style 159s with RFT of course. They trade-in for me at RM 2,000.00 for the four pieces. The tyres & rims are 7 months old. This is the best trade-in offer I got so far.

beemers3;209319 said:
thanks KL2DC, David,
I know what to do now.... Going to change my rims and tyres either this weekend or next.....can't wait to see the transformation..... PS2 are good tyres..... only things is they are very expensive 1300rm a pcs... the re050a is only rm950..... I thought of changing to toyo T1R but since can get good deal from Bridgestone why not!!!!

hello my friend, I got the Michelin PS2 size 235/40/18 at only RM 950.00 per piece! Not RM 1,300.00 like you mentioned. U better check more shops for a better price as RM 1,300.00 is killing price.

David Yong;209394 said:
hello my friend, I got the Michelin PS2 size 235/40/18 at only RM 950.00 per piece! Not RM 1,300.00 like you mentioned. U better check more shops for a better price as RM 1,300.00 is killing price.

Thats a very good price for the PS2. Mind sharing where you got it from and when did you get it? I bought the PS2 for my ex-E46 late last year and there was no more stock around and it was a real hunt for the PS2s. Paid RM1150 installed for 225/40/18. The rears which was bought a couple of years ago was RM950 installed 255/35/18. Price keeps going up each year.

Agree with you that they are a fantastic set of tyres. Its difficult to switch to cheaper alternatives once you've tasted the PS2 :)

I just got it last Saturday from a tyre shop in Sunway. Can't remember the name of the shop as the receipt is not with me now. In fact the shop is pushing hard for Falken and Yokohama but I insisted on PS2.

Their location: After passing Sunway Pyramid on your left, take the left turning and pass thru the Esso station and further up before turning left to Sunway College and they are on the right side row of shop with big Falken signboard. Same row and few shops away from the Yellow Page building.

I've always been a firm Michelin fan too. Great tyres. Even their 4x4 tyres are the best I've ever used. The thread always lasts longer than I want to keep running a set of tyres (1 year max for me, regardless of thread wear) :)

Right now using Pilot Precedas, but will try PS2s since you guys swear by them. :p

When your 325i sport machine is here, you should quickly switch the RFT out to PS2. You will never regret. The ride comfort will improve tremendously.

Sure David! :) Pilot Precedas and Sports are awesome tyres with true F1 technology in their thread design and rubber compound. Performance in the wet and dry are in keeping with that pedigree. And the asymetrical thread design really does cut down on noise through sound frequency distribution. I WILL graduate to PS2s (fit for BMWs) from PP2s (fit for Mercs) when I get my 3, don't worry. :)

Before anyone reading our lyrical waxing here rushes out to buy Pilots, be advised though, that the Pilot series uses a softer compound called Formula G, so they're not designed for long life or fuel economy. Rolling resistance is higher than most tyres. For long life and fuel economy, go for the Energy series with Green X Silica compounds. ;)

Top Bottom