BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;205337 said:
+1.

Each generation of the 3 has been a quantum leap upwards, although purists may say that the earlier versions were more true to the 3-series ethos.

The E90 is definitely honkin'. The 325i Sports was on display at the BMW stand at the Sepang F1, facing a 525i Sports and they were both drooly :p

Well, you did it again JPB! Went for your test drive and E46F went along to kepoh, but he ended up getting the car before you! I thought it would happen :D

Hahahahaha! Yes, it's happening again but ya know, Funj and I started this ball rolling while we were still 19 and in college. But this repeat is starkling considering I ordered my E46 5 years ago 2 weeks after he made his order. Now, the roles reversed somewhat but we will be getting our cars at about the same time if AB holds through to their promise to deliver our cars by end of this week! Might we add you into the fray for future references, hahahaha!!

Two guys who went to college together...doing things back-to-back like spoons since then...both acknowledging that SG is more macho, but getting tingly sensations from light blue colours...

Hmmmmm!

Big HMMMMMMM!

(Kidding) :D

Hahahahaha... Well, I'm just glad someone else is taking the dive with me on this one so we can all go or endure the "Eeeeeeew..." together. As KL2DC pointed out, that is so dependent on the "weather"!

Wow! Juan Powderblow and E46F getting E92 and E90! So nice! I just sold my E46325i and for the first time in 13 years, without any car :(
I like the E90 325i but it cost SGD168K here in Spore. Very low spec, no Mtec bits, no sun roof but comes with Sat Nav. Thinking of getting a MarkX or Honda Civic as a weekend car back to KL.

I've never driven the Mark X but been inside and there's also one in my condo belonging to a friend who speaks highly of it, an ex-E46 owner in fact. I don't like the plasticky and ah-beng-ish interior though. How much issit in Spore? I also think a Civic is a significant downgrade from 325i. I had a "test" with one (the 2.0) the other day while driving the E90 325i and the Civic's top end loses out by far. I think the E90 325i in standard guise is still very very satisfying and worth the extra buck cos it's a lot of car.

Energy, what have you decided leh? BTW, E46F and I haven't got our cars yet, sadly! I won't go into "why" cos there's no point in spiking my blood pressure. While Funj is taking taxi to work, I get to hang on to an E90 325i loaner. Well, this is an amazing machine!! I had a chance to take on the twisties over the weekend and my, oh my... honkin' doesn't quite describe its solid abilities. The 218 bhp feels pretty adequate most of the time and certainly feels much better than the E46 version, the tardiness in torque delivery on the latter no longer felt. The steering accuracy is just spot on, the balance, the poise is really very hard to criticise. There could still be pre-reg CBU units available at about RM250K, which is a fair price for a car with true sporting talents and pedigree, exponentially realised in the E90! It really doesn't get much better than this! I wonder if I'm going to miss the extra 28 bhp when I collect my E92 323i sometime next week (hopefully!). I learnt of another 2 forumers seriously thinking of upgrading their E46 and E39 with the E90. Go for it, mate! You CAN hold me accountable for this recommendation!

JP nice follow-up write-up...sure to make every E90 owner/driver here proud!

Yay! E90 FTW :p

Don't worry, your E92 will be one honking car at the end of the day. You're just experiencing pre-delivery jitters. I don't think you'll miss your N52B25A's hp deficiency much in day to day KL traffic crawls.

Here's food for thought, the only difference between your E92's engine and the 325i's is the 3-stage intake and programming ;)

I have to say, yes it does get better than that...try an E90 335i 6MT Sport with Procede :eek:

Juan Powerblow;207896 said:
Energy, what have you decided leh? BTW, E46F and I haven't got our cars yet, sadly! I won't go into "why" cos there's no point in spiking my blood pressure. While Funj is taking taxi to work, I get to hang on to an E90 325i loaner. Well, this is an amazing machine!! I had a chance to take on the twisties over the weekend and my, oh my... honkin' doesn't quite describe its solid abilities. The 218 bhp feels pretty adequate most of the time and certainly feels much better than the E46 version, the tardiness in torque delivery on the latter no longer felt. The steering accuracy is just spot on, the balance, the poise is really very hard to criticise. There could still be pre-reg CBU units available at about RM250K, which is a fair price for a car with true sporting talents and pedigree, exponentially realised in the E90! It really doesn't get much better than this! I wonder if I'm going to miss the extra 28 bhp when I collect my E92 323i sometime next week (hopefully!). I learnt of another 2 forumers seriously thinking of upgrading their E46 and E39 with the E90. Go for it, mate! You CAN hold me accountable for this recommendation!

Oh No! Please don't do this to me...
I will not spend so much money on a E90 in Spore. If I were in KL, definite yes.
Have fun with your new rides guys!

Unfortunately, $$$$ is finite for most folks like us. I think its a wise move to save on the car now, and aim for that house in Singapore. The joy of a new car is great, but is short lived, and it depreciates. Singapore property prices just keep going up, and the earlier you catch yours the better. The E90 can wait first. I would do the same if I was in your shoes.

Only reason I decided to change the E46 325i for the pre-reg CBU E90 325i is that it was a good deal and timing, and the gap in $$ which I had to top up wasn't as obscene as it would have been with the E90 325i sports which I liked even better!

Guys..need yr comments on DiamondBrite paint protection from AB...it cost abt RM1380.00 and u don hv to polish yr car for 6 yrs..worth trying???

Schwepps;205343 said:
I think middle age is creeping up on you KL2DC. I announced that I'd pulled the trigger on a SG 325i Sports a few weeks ago! Awaiting delivery only...

May I recommend Gingko Forte 500 to keep the aging synapses connected? :D
Just picked up my new 2007 325i Sports yesterday after originally booking in Februrary. However I was told there are no more available till the end of May, and I only got this one 'cause someone else couldn't make the payment in time...

Cobra Kai;208625 said:
Just picked up my new 2007 325i Sports yesterday after originally booking in Februrary. However I was told there are no more available till the end of May, and I only got this one 'cause someone else couldn't make the payment in time...

Hi Cobra, congrats on your purchase :D Do post some pics your new babe for us to ogle on :)

Congrats Cobra Kai! You're actually the first among the forumers to get a 325i Sports then :)

The Feb to Apr waiting period is what I would expect given BMWM's single assembly line in Shah Alam.

Do start a new thread and keep telling us how the Sports performs in day-to-day use. That will keep my juices going while I wait for mine, which I expect to be in June :p

I'm just about to conclude my 3rd week of borrowing an E90 325i. I'm expecting to return the car mid next week when my E92 arrives and ya know, I'm actually quite sad to let it go having thoroughly enjoyed every moment I've been in the car. I've often posted about how much I like this car and this is coming from someone who's owned an E34, E36 and E46! So, this is certainly not my first BMW and won't be my last either. I hope to continue past the F?? when the time comes!

To Alvin's berwilderment, I've been taking the opportunity to ferry some gal frens out of town of late. Last night I did a midnight KL-Ipoh stint (after my Ulu Yam-Genting trip last weekend with a sweet HK chick!) which enabled me to have further insights on this E90. I think the uprated 218 bhp and 6th gear has allowed the E90 325i to derive a much higher "comfort" speed on the highway. I found 160 kmh to be quite ideal.

Having arrived in Ipoh in barely 90 minutes, I guess I was doing slightly lower or higher than the double century mark most of the way. The car behaved commendably! The E90 felt like a much bigger car. Even overtaking at such speeds was far less unnerving than in the E46! Brilliant!! My passenger took a peep at the speedo as we were arriving and was quite surprised she barely noticed how fast I was going. How much of a role did Active Steering play? Well, I don't quite know but I felt pretty convinced it helped a lot.

I felt like I was re-enacting Clive Owen's role in those BMW short films! Too bad I look no where like him!

There was one gripe though and that's engine noise! At high speeds, the N.V.H. seemed fallable and the engine noise just a bit too much. I'm not sure if it would have been better with newer tyres, the CSC2 on my car is already pretty worn out.

Today, I experienced one of Malaysia's notorious super thunderstorms on the NKVE and again, I was mightily impressed by the E90's composure, doddling at about 80 kmh seemed easy relative to a new E-Class and the recently older model S-Class which had to give way!

If there's one fundamental conclusion I can derive, it is this... the E90 is a phenomenal quantum leap from the E46! It didn't seem so with short test drives I took previously but after 3 weeks of "ownership" and getting really acquianted with the E90, I think E46 owners who upgrade to the E90 would wished they did this sooner!

My E90 sprung an oil leak!

Hi everyone,

Just want to share with all of you here. The dreaded day of owning a conti car has arrived for me. After driving my 325 for 9000+ km, this week I saw a couple of oil patches on my driveway!

Just last week I drove back from Pg and was doing a couple of high speed runs, not sure if this caused it and saw my oil level has dropped a little. Thought it was normal as most owners reported this as well.

So took my car to AB, jacked it up and they comfirmed that the leak was coming from the fly wheel oil seal. To rectify, this would be a 1 day job as they said they needed to remove the gear box to get to that seal. :confused:

So going to send my car in on Mon and get my 10,000 km oil change done at the same time.

I have never had an oil leak throughout all my past cars and now from an E90. Hmm sometimes I just wonder if these germans know how to make reliable engines. Powerful, yes, reliability :mad:.

So guys/gals watch out for this!

I did a second stint to Ipoh last nite but this time I kept to more decent speeds and appreciated the less boom from the engine. I did notice though that on Projet, fuel economy was noticeably poorer than on Shell. So, there's some basis to Shell's claim for better mileage. Despite the total driving time of 3 hours plus back and forth, I didn't feel any hint of strain or fatique. I think this is down to how comfortable and refined the E90 can be at less insane speeds (again, better than my ex-E46). Another nice feather on the cap for the E90!

Top Bottom